Author Topic: Score mongering vs perk point whines  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Score mongering vs perk point whines
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2001, 09:43:00 AM »

I am die hard A2A guy also.  And lumpying those who like to kill in mass engagements and succeed with those who are lemmings is  my fault.  You will most likely find myself in there too, but reversing, snap shooting, targeting my 3rd kill before I take the shot on the 1st one.  Wide spectrum of success within the word furballer.  Poor term to say the least.

What should be rewarded in a furball?  How about good SA, great geometry, quick killing, and landing.  

You could mix k/d with k/time for a catagory that would reward mass engagement types.  There are those that suck at mass engagements, and those that don't.  

Furballing can be rewarded too.      

Drex

[This message has been edited by Drex (edited 02-17-2001).]

lazs

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
well... I just disslike having unbalancing planes in the game every single day with some having em and some not.   As anyone can see... The arguments about what is a "worthy" skill are heated enough now.  imagine when they actually put the damn planes in the game.

It will be an uber plane sim for some and not for others... it cuts out any chance of introducing early war rides.   Plus, some people, myself included, don't care to fly uber planes against mediocre ones in a supposedly fair arena.   I am kinda surprised that so many do.

score is fine... The more categories tracked the better.  everyone can find a categorie that they are concerned with.   It's when you start rewarding some behavior and punishing others that you cause a rift.   And that is exactly what the idiotic perk system does.

Perk planes kill parity, choice and action and  cause rifts.   Many people who fly AH and don't even read this board or know anything about the idiotic perk system are gonna log when the action dies and they are facing uber planes on a regular basis.   Flying long lonly sectors to get to a fight and getting B&Zed by some dipshit in a fantasy ride is not a formula for fun for a lot of people.
lazs

lazs

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2001, 10:05:00 AM »
oh and drexie.... I won't be draggin 15 planes anymore with the idiotic perk system.. There won't be any place in the arena with 15 planes at least, not 15 planes and a fight too.   Even if I did manage to drag a few... Some dipshit in a fantasy plane will swoop down and steal the kill from em.   We won't be able to outrun them guys.  

You will have to earn your kills for a change... No more "easy life" paid for with the sweat of poor ol fat, bald,harmless lazs!
lazs

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
Hehe, but lazs we have the fantasy planes now.  I don't see them affecting our wounded robin strategy.  

Drex

[This message has been edited by Drex (edited 02-17-2001).]