Author Topic: Well, nuts  (Read 471 times)

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
Best to just send it back and get the whole thing replaced.

NAHHHH.... just chop the PS2 plug off an old mouse and get out the sautering gun.  

Conner

Well, nuts
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
I just bought a new stick because my last one snaped in 2 on a mission. I was taking a sharp right turn when SNAP! my stick broke off and my hand hit the table. About 10 seconds later my p-51 smashed into the ground. I was laughing so hard but at the time i was SO PISSED!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2001, 08:51:00 PM »

Originally posted by Beurling:
Not in the ma did i fight you. I fought you over lenningrad lake ladoga. I was a nu. You were a tempest i was in a d9 and a 51b. We fought 2 real long fights. Tempest vs d9 then vs 51b. You got me 4 to 3 in total kills but those two long fights were sweet. You got one and i got one.
[/b]

Aha!  Well flown in the Dora especially.  The Tempest really outmatches it in most respects.  I hope you're not counting the one kill where I autotrimmed level at 3 feet and ran into a hill of water.      Damn beta maps!  hehe

Lol i knew i would learn something. <S>
[/b]

You know you're up against someone decent when you make a point of taking them out before you clear out the rest of the enemies.  I found myself looking to engage you first before picking off the easier prey.  It was also great practice for no tracers, which I'd just switched to the day before.  H2H is a great way to work on aim after a change like that without embarrassing oneself in the MA.    

<S!>

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

[This message has been edited by Dead Man Flying (edited 03-16-2001).]

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2001, 08:55:00 PM »

Originally posted by Jigster:
I patiently await my Invader. Arena domination ensues. Bah you and Badz were the only reason I quit flying it, that roping business was not funny     And thus back to the P-38.
[/b]

The Air Warrior 38 was really something special.  The plane that most approximates its performance for me in AH is the Spit IX, which is what I flew when I first started.  I got tired of folks (especially Hogs) running away from a good fight, however, so inevitably I made the switch to the Tiffy.

It's a freaky expierience when I can't figure out why I'm spiraling towards terra firma. 99% of engagments, if I'm going to die, I know I'm dead before the hits land.

LOL That's one of those situations where you have your opponent right where he wants you.

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

[This message has been edited by Dead Man Flying (edited 03-16-2001).]

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2001, 08:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by Conner:
I just bought a new stick because my last one snaped in 2 on a mission. I was taking a sharp right turn when SNAP! my stick broke off and my hand hit the table. About 10 seconds later my p-51 smashed into the ground. I was laughing so hard but at the time i was SO PISSED!

I know the feeling.  I'm hell on sticks, and despite the fact that CH makes some very decent, sturdy sticks, I've gone through about three or four Combatsticks in the last five years.  I went through two in the first year alone... I'd be fighting someone, and I'd just snap the stick right off of the base.

CH has always been great about repairing/replacing these broken sticks regardless of warranty status, and I swear by their stuff.

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2001, 12:57:00 AM »
Hey Todd!

Does this mean we'll be seeing Kitty any time?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2001, 01:08:00 AM »

Originally posted by Seeker:
Hey Todd!

Does this mean we'll be seeing Kitty any time?

Nope.  She has no interest in AH.

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »
Hey Todd, I know what you mean. My Pro Throttle is still hanging tough after three years, but my Janes CombatStick is starting to lose it's crispness. God I hope the CH Pro Throttle USB comes out soon so I can upgrade my whole HOTAS to USB!

Kitty

Well, nuts
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2001, 06:55:00 AM »

Originally posted by Dead Man Flying:
Nope.  She has no interest in AH.

It's not that I'm not interested, it's that I can't really afford it. =(

Kitty

Ps - Hi, Seeker. =)