Author Topic: Well, nuts  (Read 472 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« on: March 16, 2001, 12:07:00 AM »
It looks like after five years of faithful service, my CH Pro Throttle finally took a dive.  It'll be awhile before I can ship it back to CH for replacement/repair, and in the meantime I'm out of commission Aces High-wise.

Too bad too, because it's been a lot of fun in the main arena these last couple of tours.  

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

[This message has been edited by Dead Man Flying (edited 03-16-2001).]

Beurling

Well, nuts
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 02:31:00 AM »
Calimari!!! LOL

Great fights the other night.
Good luck with the throttle.

I knew that was some one good i was up against lol.

EYE

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2001, 02:39:00 AM »

Originally posted by Beurling:
Great fights the other night.
Good luck with the throttle.

I knew that was some one good i was up against lol.

EYE

hehe Thanks.  What sucks the most is that the quantity and quality of fights had been going way up in the last week.  

What's your handle in the MA?

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2001, 02:53:00 AM »
lol i didnt know u calamari

nice p47 v typhoon fight other night

funked

Well, nuts
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2001, 02:57:00 AM »
Damn Todd!
And I already gave away all my extra joysticks!
I'm sure you'll find a way to get it working again ADDICT!  

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2001, 03:12:00 AM »

Originally posted by Zigrat:
lol i didnt know u calamari

nice p47 v typhoon fight other night

Thanks, Zigrat.  Those were fun fights... nothing beats a 0 throttle scissoring fight regardless of the types of planes.

We won't mention all those cherry picks ya had on me too, ya bastige!  

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2001, 03:16:00 AM »

Originally posted by funked:
Damn Todd!
And I already gave away all my extra joysticks!
I'm sure you'll find a way to get it working again ADDICT!    

It definitely needs to go back to CH... I'm waiting on an RMA number from them so I can ship it out.  The PS/2 keyboard passthrough cable is totally hosed, which has reduced my throttle to even less functionality than a regular CH Throttle.  Not to mention that all of throttle/button programming doesn't work without keyboard connectivity.

<sigh>

S'okay, I've got a lot of studying to do anyway in the next few weeks.  It's practically a blessing in disguise.  <whimper>

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2001, 07:29:00 AM »
 Damn. Never figured a CH throttle could crap out. How does one break one of those by the way?

Glad you let the cat out of the bag 'Calamari'.    Hope to see you online soon!

-Westy

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by Westy:
Damn. Never figured a CH throttle could crap out. How does one break one of those by the way?
[/b]

The throttle itself actually works just fine... it's the more flimsy keyboard PS/2 keyboard adapter that finally died on me.  With that gone, I have no way to pass keyboard commands to the throttle, so the only thing it can do now is rev my engine up and down.

Glad you let the cat out of the bag 'Calamari'.        Hope to see you online soon!
[/b]

Might as well do it at a time when nobody can make me pay for it.    

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

[This message has been edited by Dead Man Flying (edited 03-16-2001).]

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Well, nuts
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »

Glad you let the cat out of the bag 'Calamari'.      Hope to see you online soon!

-Westy

I really should of guessed that. Ugh. Least with this little mystery solved I can sleep a little easier when I die for reasons unbeknownst the me.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
 Ah. The plug.  I bought a six foot extender to keep the weight of that plug off the motherboards PS2 socket when I bought my throttle. I feared it would break the MB socket hanging as it tends to. You may want to get one at Radio Shack for when you get your repaired unit back.

-Westy

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »

Originally posted by Jigster:
I really should of guessed that. Ugh. Least with this little mystery solved I can sleep a little easier when I die for reasons unbeknownst the me.

If I remember correctly, you flew very well.  I recall fighting you in the TA Zeke to Zeke and 38 to 38.  You've definitely improved since the AW days, and you're a force to reckon with these days.

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Well, nuts
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2001, 03:24:00 PM »

Ah. The plug.  I bought a six foot extender to keep the weight of that plug off the motherboards PS2 socket when I bought my throttle. I feared it would break the MB socket hanging as it tends to. You may want to get one at Radio Shack for when you get your repaired unit back.
   -Westy

That's a good idea, thanks.  The problem was exactly the opposite of the one you mentioned actually -- instead of the weight of the adapter breaking the MB socket, the weight of the adapter (after 5 years of use) finally broke the adapter, as the pin end warped out of shape and the pins faced every direction except straight forward.  I don't have a problem bending the pins back forward, but it's been nearly impossible for me to reshape the metal rim around the pins back into a shape where it'll fit into the PS/2 port.

Best to just send it back and get the whole thing replaced.

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Beurling

Well, nuts
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
Not in the ma did i fight you. I fought you over lenningrad lake ladoga. I was a nu. You were a tempest i was in a d9 and a 51b. We fought 2 real long fights. Tempest vs d9 then vs 51b. You got me 4 to 3 in total kills but those two long fights were sweet. You got one and i got one.

Nice to be able to check your stats too

Lol i knew i would learn something. <S>
See ya
      EYE

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Well, nuts
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2001, 03:55:00 PM »
I patiently await my Invader. Arena domination ensues. Bah you and Badz were the only reason I quit flying it, that roping business was not funny   And thus back to the P-38.

It's a freaky expierience when I can't figure out why I'm spiraling towards terra firma. 99% of engagments, if I'm going to die, I know I'm dead before the hits land.