Author Topic: N1K defeated.  (Read 263 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
N1K defeated.
« on: April 26, 2001, 07:14:00 AM »
I saw some of the best Spit driving I've seen in a while lastnight. V6 was under attack and "Kick" was yelling for help. I up from 5 in an La5. When I get there, a N1K is coming in from the south at about 3k and dives on kick. Kick eventually manuevers himself on the N1K's 6 and stays there, but he ain't shootin. He tells me he's outta ammo. Round and round they go. I'm trying to decide what the heck to do. There is no way I'm gonna turn with em. I decide to play target and see if the N1K will waste his ammo. I pass in front a few times and watch tracers whiz by. I grow tired of that and climb up to about 2k and watch. Round and round and round with kick just sittin there on the n1k's 6. Was kinda funny actually. What happened next was even funnier. Either the n1k was outta ammo and decided to end it, or kick stalled him out. Anyway, in one of the circles, right hand turn I believe, the N1K noses right into the ground, BOOM! Lol. Kick gracefully pulls up and out.
Moral of the story?
Want to kill the N1K scourge? Don't shoot at em!!
Hehe, well done Kick.

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
N1K defeated.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Personally I have been forced to fly Seafire lately when I needed to fight from CV and I have enjoyed quite success against N1K's too. They are hard to kill with Dora though...

Seafire is quite an experience after tour in Dora! Seems like you can outturn just about anything!

------------------
jochen / Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolschevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
N1K defeated.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2001, 08:09:00 AM »
I fly the little Spits like the 109 of WB- whenever I'm not fighting I'm climbing. When you do find yourself facing an opponent, you have the alt to deal with them. I find that co-alt most pilots are forced to... *ahem*... "extend" from a Spit V or Seafire...  

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
N1K defeated.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2001, 08:04:00 PM »
"...Personally I have been forced to fly Seafire lately when I needed to fight from CV and I have enjoyed quite success against N1K's too....".

Shhhh...don't tell anybody.  We want them to continue thinking the N1K is unbeatable.  

bowser

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
N1K defeated.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2001, 08:31:00 PM »
N1K2s are Zero food.

Every time I see an N1K2 when I am in a Zero I Know luch is about to be served.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
N1K defeated.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2001, 06:26:00 AM »
I love to nail em in a spitv

good that everybody jumps at em

The spitV is the ultimate anti vulch ride

my greatest nik kill was in a TBM btw  

Offline RebootSequence

• Zinc Member
N1K defeated.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2001, 09:20:00 AM »
I like to fight n1k2s nice and low in my spit v.  For some reason they are much more prone to follow me through a very low split-S that they can't pull out of than most of the other planes.  If you do an ok job at E management a spit v turns almost as good and is almost as fast.  If you just let them bleed enough E the nikis are much more of a handful at low speed than the spit.  

-sequence