Author Topic: Manuever to kill a 190! Guaranteed success.  (Read 272 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Manuever to kill a 190! Guaranteed success.
« on: March 16, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
I have discovered a new maneuver to kill any 190 that may cross your path. It is called the Ohshitman maneuver. Following is a step-by-step procedure on how to carry out a proper Ohshitman.

1. You absolutely must be flying an airframe that was designed pretty much to combat IJN fighters, the F4U1D Corsair.

2. Begin your sortie by picking a wingman, as you will be the flight lead. You must ensure that this wingman is the better of the 2 pilots in this sortie.

3. Once airborne, climb to approx. 15K feet and level off.

4. Once you spot the dreaded 190, fly around as if you know what you are doing and expertly position the 190 at your high 12 o’clock, pulling you into a rope-a-dope. Note: This is a favorite trick of those 190 varmints, although I have yet to understand the dope part.

5. Once you are climbing straight up and snickering to yourself because the 190 doesn’t know what you know, it is imperative that your wingman begins yelling at you on the radio NOT to climb after a speeding 190. This wingman must be an accomplished cusser outer and must utilize approved profanity. That way, you, as the flight lead and the one that must carry out this maneuver, will be in the proper mindset.

6. Once you have reached a high velocity in your climb of, oh, about 80 knots, gently pull back on your stick and invert your aircraft. {Note: Your stall horn will be blasting in your ear. Do not be alarmed as this is to be expected). This is a critical stage in your maneuver.

7. Once you are inverted and kinda floating around on your head, quickly look up (or is that down) through your canopy and watch your wingman chasing the 190 about 3000 feet below you. Now you have the 190 where you need him. He has lost all respect…he has lost sight of you and is frantically trying to reacquire you.

8. Flop around a little longer and ensure that you jerk the stick back and forth, left and right and after several minutes, eventually roll your aircraft over and into a shallow dive. Do another up view and look straight into the sun and wonder how that got over there. You should at this time be at idle throttle but you MUST NOT remember doing that! That is very important.

9. Once you have begin your shallow dive, firewall the throttle and begin a perfectly executed wing stall, spinning straight down as if you were out of control. This will fool the 190 pilot into assuming you are a complete idiot and sucker him into the trap.

10. The 190 must now be approx. 5000 yards away and 7000 feet below (if you can’t see either the 190 or your wingman and the 190 has no idea you are even still airborne, you are within the parameters of this maneuver), with your wingman in chase, occasionally shooting at the 190. It is helpful that parts fall off the 190 as your wingman is shooting.

11. To complete this maneuver, once your wingman has shot down the 190 and you are lawn darting to the earth at an extremely high rate of speed, your wingman must advise you over comms, “Ohshitman, you are one sorry fighter pilot”. Hence, the name of this maneuver. It is also important that this message be received after and NOT before both of your wings shear off just prior to punching out.

12. Rest assured, once you successfully complete this high degree of difficulty maneuver, your fellow fighter pilots will look at you quite differently.

Any variations to this manuever or any newly discovered manuevers, post here.

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 03-16-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
LOL!

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
I knew there was a name for what I was doing.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2001, 09:28:00 AM »

5. Once you are climbing straight up and snickering to yourself because the 190 doesn’t know what you know, it is imperative that your wingman begins yelling at you on the radio NOT to climb after a speeding 190. This wingman must be an accomplished cusser outer and must utilize approved profanity. That way, you, as the flight lead and the one that must carry out this maneuver, will be in the proper mindset.

Hehehehehe

AKDejaVu <- Trying hard not to make eye contact with squadmates

Sturm

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
I just cut the chase and lawn dart.

\\Sturm// Funding Miracle Gro for 4 years now

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2001, 09:53:00 AM »
lol. Oh that was good  

-Westy

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2001, 10:19:00 AM »
ROFL ! that Must have been B****J**** as your wingman  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Dmitry

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2001, 11:04:00 AM »
lol I had a great laugh, thx man - didnt happened that much lately  

------------------
Best regards
Dmitry aka vfGhosty

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
Apache:

Altitude sickness obviously befuddled your brain since you climbed to the ridiculous height of 15K.  My advice to you (and your evil brother) is to spend a few nights flying with us where we will teach you the valuable lesson of the "6K hard ceiling".  Also if you think you got cursed out on RW, you aint heard nothing till you come fly with us and drop a bomb on a fighter hanger within our sight.

Hooligan

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »
Lol Saw! He would, indeed, fit the criteria wouldn't he?

Hehe Hooligan. Long live the DVB's! BTW, Comanche says hey. To lazs too  

Let me qualify the birth of this manuever. Luckily I've been flying online sims for quite some time and have been able to keep my aircraft in a profile that at least resembles flight. The above, fortunately didn't happen to me but I witnessed it the other night. My ever active imagination took over as I wondered what was going thru this poor guys mind as he was sittin on his backside. You see the result.  

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 03-16-2001).]

JENG

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2001, 05:48:00 PM »
ROFLOL APACHE!!!! hehehehe spilling my beer  

Bee

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2001, 10:12:00 PM »
I'm still laughing when reading that AAR; That's a classic which needs to be saved  

Offline 54Ed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2001, 01:18:00 PM »
I can't visualize this.  Do you have film?