Author Topic: <S!> Saturday night CT'ers!  (Read 5674 times)

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
<S!> Saturday night CT'ers!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2002, 06:16:49 AM »
Oh ya Lowe and the statements about VF27 kickin butt, did you read that carefully, suggest you read it again think maybe you took things out of context, again!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2002, 06:48:48 AM »
Holy cats!  Break out the BBQ!

This is turning into a Cat-9 flamefest.   I only wish we had a CT setup with F6F-5s vs Ki-61s, so we could take it online....

BTW guys, Jaekart has resigned from 27th and quit AH due to framerate problems, and WildBlue is out indefinitely.   You old hands from VF-27 should know both these boys, so wish them well and tell 'em to hurry back.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2002, 08:04:26 AM »
Originally posted by HiJack
So the worm turns huh LOwe? hehe You know how it is dont try to fool me I saw you drinkin stag beer at the con.  Thaks for the Two best squads comment, I gusess 3 88o piots make up a whole squad with the Hellcats, anyway guess we are doin our job if we are pissing you off lol, think you told me once that is what you are suppose to do,screw with the opponents, hey are we having fun yet?  I am hoipe you are too! By the way Blue dont quit just leave the dark side, thought youliked the Zeke and Zero you always kicked my butt in it!  Whewwweeee what a party, break out the beer!

Bill no worm has turned, don't go there. YES 880, and VF-27 are the best squads in CT in my opinion, and YES 880, and VF-27 kicked butt last week.  I never said you weren't. However I don't get on here asking for setups where the other side doesnt have a chance, thats your pilots. Yes I'm screwing with the enemy right now whats your point??:D
I'm all for a late war PTO, but not a setup thats just an execution.
As one base would be. If Erg doesnt want the Bulltoejam flag raised he shouldn't post Bulltoejam:rolleyes:
Also if you get your late war PTO setup the USAAF was in the Pacific too the P-51, P-47, P-38 should be represented.
If Blue comes back he'll only stray from the Dark Side as you call it, if he's scared of competetion. He doesnt need numbers, the F4U4, or Tempest, to be good.  :D

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2002, 08:23:06 AM »
Thats too bad about jaek and wildblue.  Did blue just get bored? frustrated?

To whomever thinks the 109 has climbing problems, its not the plane.  I switch once in a while to get a grip on the enemy planeset, and it is a fine aircraft.  The only problems I have with the 109 is instability at low speed and terrible visibility.  

Lowe, I think your planesets dont get the jist of my comment.  They contain planes which are all dogs compared to the japanese planes.  Maybe in the p40e planeset there is something but just barely, but the a6m2 still outclimbs and is a faster plane, and sadly handles just as well in a dive.

What I am talking about is picking historical matchups where the ijn did not have an advantage in aircraft.  If you think I am still pulling this out of my arse, here are some pretty pictures.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2002, 08:23:55 AM »
asdf
« Last Edit: September 10, 2002, 08:36:59 AM by ergRTC »

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2002, 08:24:27 AM »
adsf
« Last Edit: September 10, 2002, 08:29:08 AM by ergRTC »

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2002, 08:28:18 AM »
well I wanted to post some more, but I dont think it will let me.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2002, 08:30:19 AM »
asdfadsfasdf

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2002, 08:31:31 AM »
asdfasdf

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2002, 08:49:03 AM »
And as far as roadkill flags.  In the setup you refer to as us having some massive advantage, you lucky bastards had the fastest and best climbing non perk plane in the game.  In fact it is faster and climbs better than the spit 14.  If you can leave, you control the fight.  

How on earth you think 109e4s, 110cs and ju88s vs. hurri 1s and sbds is a good match up just explains how you can believe you had a disadvantage with 262s and 109g10s.  Again, I dont mind the hurri or the current setup, but........ lets all remember what happened to Norway.  They didnt exactly bend over but it was pretty close to an ankle grab.  What I am trying to say is we should also depict those scenarios in the war where the axis were up as big of a toejam crick as the norskies were in 1940 or whenever this battle was supposed to take place.  The last scenario 'could' have been like that, but we cannot not model plane availability in this game.  By mid 1944 the germans were almost incapable of defending from enemy bombers, they mostly relied on flack batteries.  Sooooo   For the allies to get a scenario which matchs the current one in its '300mph' uber fighter (did you know the top speed is listed at 320 mph?  I tend to sit around 265), vs the 109 and 110, it would require a late war japan scenario.  

If you think the lack of the ki84 is a reason not to have it, why dont we have curtiss hawks in this setup?  They would do about as well for us as a new ki would do vs the f4u4 and p51.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2002, 08:51:12 AM »
Erg.
Okay just so you know my sarcasm switch is off and safety wired for this reply. I understand what your saying about the Zeke M2, honest, honest, honest,!
Next early PTO setup which I hope we don't see until a good late war PTO setup, just watch the text buffer, and see which sides is landing the most kills. Obivously there are some guys out there that can fly the M2 effectively, I am not one of them. If you don't know how hard it is to stay on the six of an F4F "which BTW turns great" long enough to kill it without his wingman giving you the 50 cal enema, you don't understand what I am saying when I say IN MY OPINION THE F4F is a better plane. I see and understand the stats you have posted. However I still see more A6M2s flamed than F4F's. Thats not a problem, I'm the one that chose to be Japanese, and I have no reason to whine. I don't like it prob never will, honestly i am better off in a A6M5 against F6F's and or F4U's , than an A6M2 against F4F's. Prob some Charecter flaw on my part.;)

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2002, 08:55:48 AM »
Hey HJ, . Actually, I quit due to several things. Framerate/ connection problems was at the top. Yeah, I remember those days when I did fairly well in jap iron... it felt good winning the 2 and even 3 on 1 fights :). But that was before we only got these early setups with the A6M2 as our only fighter, and before v. 1.10 killed my framerates. Add it all up... being outnumbered by kevlar armored planes while in a bird with crap for guns, then toss in a slow framerate or two just to make sure you can't do squat, then add in the people badmouthing you on ch. 1, it got ridiculous. I decided I wasn't paying for that anymore. Although... I know I'll be back pretty soon, lol. I do miss flying with friends and getting the occasional kill when my framerates aren't as bad. I've done some tweaking to this 'puter, maybe that'll hold me over 'till the new one is here.

Hate to say it, but for an early setup I do better in the 110... and of course, that little 202 that gave y'all fits awhile back ;)

Edit: okay, before anyone jumps in and reminds me how great the A6M2 is supposed to be... the problem I have with it is the guns, not how it handles or anything else. The wildcat is a tough plane to begin with... it takes several solid hits to down it. The zeke, on the other hand, falls apart if you fart while flying it. Soooo... in a zeke you have 2 choices... scare the f4f a bit without actually doing damage, then run like hell before his friend kills you... or go ahead and stay with your target and hope you can hit him enough times before his friend kills you. Okay, if you take number 1... running... you never get a kill, enemy wins... plus you've already lost enough speed trying to get the shot that his friend will prolly kill you anyway. Number 2... well, still dead, but at least you might have taken one with you. Yup, I sure do like that M2 zeke! :(
And Lowe... scared of competition? me? heheh... I still like that screenie you got of me flaming that F4U-4 in my tony... if I recall correctly, it was HJ :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2002, 09:17:41 AM by WildBlue »

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2002, 09:19:39 AM »
Originally posted by Löwe

I got an idea, lets do it just like you said, but lets not give the Axis any ammo, and lets chain the Axis planes to a pole so they can do anything but fly in a circle and let you kill them. Will that be enough for you...So don't be a Jack off!!:rolleyes:

Sounds good to me :)

Ya know, Lowe, you're beginning to sound a lot like RT (almost!)

Although I miss winging with you, at least we now know how to push your buttons :D

Give my wishes to Jaekart and WildBlue, BTW

Gainsie

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2002, 09:22:23 AM »
You know when I first saw the plane set for this weeks CT i thought hmmm we have the upper hand in planes this week .

But so far I have yet to down a hurricane with any thing other than a ju88 , the 109e i think is faster and a know its a better climber than the hurricane but for some reason I seem to get out climbed and run down by these hurricanes maybe I am not flying the 109e right so I give up and  try the 110 which i can not stand and do nothing but jabo runs and risk getting killed by ack and if I do thats ok fair is fair but to get run down by a hurri and out climbed somthing aint right (and it might be me sometimes but not all the time)

But to be honest I think the ju88 is the best plane in this set up I can out run and out climb a hurricane in this thing and if faced with an attack I have the upper hand with more durability and at least the same firepower not to mention the hurricanes weak point is the canopy forward which I will always see .

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2002, 09:46:07 AM »
The funny thing is, it always seems like the other guy's plane is better.  I was cursing the 110's the other night, as they seemed to be faster, turning better, and climbing better than my Hurri (not to mention waaayyy outgunning me), yet I know that's not the case.  It was simply perception, exagerated by our differences in energy state.  The 109's seemed to almost always be above me no matter how high I climbed on the way to target, and my airspeed indicator seemed to be eternally glued to 175 mph.  Yet, not minutes later I got on the six of a 109 who seemed unable to pull away from me.  I think that was you, Key.  After a little while though, I had re-learned the Hurri, and began to hold my own.  So, much of what we perceive as uberness is simply the luck of the draw, meaning the tactical and energy situation at the moment we commit (or are commited) to combat.  Except for those Vals and Ju-88's...those guys are really nasty;).

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."