Author Topic: <S!> Saturday night CT'ers!  (Read 5677 times)

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
<S!> Saturday night CT'ers!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2002, 04:51:15 PM »
Sorry, I have never thought IJN were easy, and do understand that we  wont be facing newbies, Sentai was formed by Hellcat members that were trying to even the CT, matter of fact I think the Sentai have the best pilots in the CT right now on a overall basis.  They are as good if not better than VF27 and 880 and i dont think you will get an argument about that. No doubt that they are equal if not better than most Allied squads.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2002, 05:23:03 PM »
ergRTC,

You mean like the scenario some months ago where the Midanao terrain was used?

Where the N1K2-J was available only from one base, and it was perked?

Where the US had F4Us, F6Fs, P-38s, P-47s, P-51s and B-17s against the Japanese Ki-61-Is and A6M5bs?

Yeah, that was a blast.:rolleyes:

However, you're position certainly does lend credence to my statement at the time that the Ki-84 would be perked most CT setups if/when it gets added to AH.  Sure the Japanese built 3,500 of them, but its too good and actually poses a threat that can't simply be ignored like an A6M5b or Ki-61-I.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2002, 05:28:04 PM »
Damn ERG!
Don't let that frog do you that way!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Anybody know the Japanese word for Giddyup??

Hijacker.
I can't believe we got away with this much on this board without a warning from Sabre. I was hoping since he knows Vf-27, and 27th Sentai share the same blood lines he let us have our little family spat.
The 27th Sentai has some good sticks Jester, Oboe2, Seabees, and soon as he gets his AH timing down P6EHawk is gonna be another great IJ stick. I think we got one of the best buff sticks in Keyapaha, followed closely by Wildblue.
Dbltrbl is an animal, and gets more kills in one sortie than I do in a week, so is Karnak, if we could get him to squad night. We got a new stick Crabhead who I can tell already is going to be a great one, and I hate to think what Jaekart will be able to do when his computer woes are fixed. Then of course theres Lowejg, Im a mediocore pilot, but I do love to kick the hive and swat after the swarm. We've got a long way to go Hijacker before you can bestow great on us, our only claim to fame is we show up and fly no matter what, and do our best.
Some days we get to log off with a little victory or two, mostly we log off after having VF-27 hand us our arse, but we always promise to bring it back next squadnight to be shot off again.
To be at the top of VF-27's, and sometimes 880FAA's hit list is a tough job. You guys got the best CT squad, in VF-27. We're trying but got a long way to go. However on the BBS it's a fair fight!!
Where else but on this BBS does an ex Air Force wrench bender turned copier tech like me get to debate with a Georgetown University student, like Erg??
LOL GREAT STUFF!!
Oh yeah and ERG carefull that frog could give ya warts.;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2002, 05:43:34 PM by Löwe »

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2002, 05:42:36 PM »
Found that frog in another post, always brings a smile.

Karnak, the point i am trying to get at, is that these early war setups give the axis the same advantage those late war setups give the allied.  Yet.....  we rarely get to do those late war pac setups.  You cant complain about the late war setups being biased when we have to suffer through a week of hurri 1s.  Well im not suffering but some others are.  I will probably be suffering this evening as soon as the 27th figures out which base I am upping from.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2002, 05:49:56 PM »
THIS WHOLE THREAD WAS WORTH IT JUST FOR THE FROG!
LOL.
My wife thinks we're a bunch of apes argueing over a game.

Linda: " Oh that poor teddy bear! You guys are horrible"

Lowejg: " It's okay honey this is war"

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2002, 06:26:59 PM »
My wife thinks we're a bunch of apes argueing over a game.

Make sure she understands that this is not just a game.  This is Aces High!  If you say it with enough dignity and import, or a least often enough, I'm sure she will understand.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2002, 07:02:41 PM »
erg,

This is, what?  The first week ever the Allies have been at a significant disadvantage.

You're crying to loudly to justify it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2002, 07:56:56 PM »
Im not readint anymore I peed my pants earlier! Hell this thread could go on forever lol, I know Lowe its fun to argue with the intellectual types isnt it, makes me feel smart sometimes!  Whoa who am i foolin hehe!

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2002, 08:55:20 PM »
If you argue with a college type and get out by being buggered by a frog it's a good day Hijacker .:D

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2002, 10:39:15 PM »
cmon now, i am not a college type, that was done 4 years ago (and 3 years late at that), I already have my B(ull)S(hit) diploma, in a week I should have my 'M(ore) S(hit)' diploma and I can continue to work on my 'P(iled) on H(igher) and D(eeper)'.  

Karnak, I hate to continue this thread, but your inability to understand that a 109 g10 is superior to any allied aircraft we had in last weeks scenario, and then to carry on that we in fact 'have' an advantage is ludicrous.  Name me the scenario (and planes involved) that we have seen in the past 2 months that gave the allies a planeset advantage?

if you need some examples...
A spit 14 vs the 109g10 is an even matchup
A p51 vs a 109g10 requires a good 51 pilot.  So... that would not be an even match.

An a6m2 vs a f4f is not an even match up.

A chog vs a niki is a pretty even match.

An f4u-1 vs a niki is not.

Remember, pilot skill is not a part of this.  I am just talking about the planes.  Also remember that I am asking for a historical matchup.  Something that happened in late 1944.  So what if you havnt got the ki84.  We dont have half the planes we should have in this scenario, and like I said, that ki84 isnt worth  much more than a nik vs an f4u4 or p51.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2002, 10:52:30 PM »
I dont mind the current setup, "Norway 1940" at all. HurricaneI does just fine vs 109E and 110C. Just needs a bit of teamwork and patience.

Hardest nut to crack still seems to be the Ju88s.

The CT setups will ebb and flow as to who has the a/c advantage, no biggie, as long as the disparity isnt overwhelming.

We had a good night tonight, and always enjoy fighting or flying with all the CT squads.

Regards.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2002, 11:18:13 PM »
Man what a thread. Good reading. :D

p.s.  whens the Rabul setup?:D

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2002, 12:06:40 AM »
"This is, what? The first week ever the Allies have been at a significant disadvantage. "

I flew both Allies and Axis tonight in the CT.  I have to say I didn't feel especially disadvantaged in either the Hurri or in the Emil....in fact I'd rate them about equal.

That is, they're both equally worthless  :)

Nah, just kidding about that part, more seriously I think the Hurri can hold its own just fine.  It handles a lot better than the Emil and has a better roll rate at speed.  The negative -G engine cutout is annoying but easily solved by just rolling inverted anytime ya need to nose down.  Flying the Emil with that awful rollrate means you have to slow down a lot, and that gives you only the slightest margin for combat against the Hurricanes (in short, one mistake = death).   The bombers are a bit unbalanced for the planes available though, the Ju-88 especially.

J_A_B

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2002, 08:05:03 AM »
Yeah i like the hurri myself, but there is a reason they built the hurri 2, and then just gave up on the darn things all together.  If a slow as dirt quick turner was going to win the war, they never would have built planes like the tempest and the p51.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2002, 09:35:47 AM »
Lowe said:
I can't believe we got away with this much on this board without a warning from Sabre. I was hoping since he knows Vf-27, and 27th Sentai share the same blood lines he let us have our little family spat.

Ah, well...kids will be kids.  Anyway, this debate is downright mild when compared to the "bomber vs. furballer" debates.  Besides, I hate the whole PC, thought-police thingy anyway.  My personal opinion is the set up is, on the whole, and to use a technical term, a hoot.:)  The comment was made earlier that early-war set ups have become prevalent because of the perception that we have a fuller planeset for early war.  Not true, at least not in my mind. There are still huge gaps in the early war period.  I simply like the flavor of the early war set ups.  Longer fights, less reliance on brute force and more on ACM.  And, I get to fly the P-40 more:D.  Anyway, play nice in here and no name calling.  Other than that, you are free and clear to engage!

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."