Author Topic: 6 calls from a chute?  (Read 859 times)

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
PaintMAW... Finally they have seen the light. I knew you understood this from the very first day. I salute your Pioneering Spirit that seems to have helped pave the way in the understanding and clarity of the fine art of Spy Shooting! hehe

There is also one kill I relish. That is when you have to climb to a fighter at 30k.. chase him all over the arena. Finally he thinks he has an advantage and dives to fight. He makes one error in gudgment and gets flamed after numerous attacks from above you. Now the sweetest part!!!.. he bails... but you point your Mustang toward the deck. You chase him down and kill him in the freefall!.. That MAKES MY DAY!  

Salute

Thunder
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2001, 08:59:00 PM »

uh duh.... Roger wilco

Oh.. wow.. what a brilliant thought!  I wish this had occured to me!  Oh.. wait.. it did:

Me thinks he might have gotten a "check 6" from a chute. Even if he didn't.. the question still remains... should it be possible? I understand they can still use RW or the comms.

Duh.

AKDejaVu

[This message has been edited by AKDejaVu (edited 03-16-2001).]

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2001, 09:04:00 PM »
Chuters are spys ,, they MUST die,,Boom Baby

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2001, 12:57:00 AM »
Death to the enslavers of the silkworm!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2001, 02:27:00 AM »
You can do 6 calls from the Tower as well

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

funked

6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2001, 04:13:00 AM »
6 call from a chute...
About as cheesy as a 6 call from a tank, or a 6 call from another plane that is so far away that in real life he would have no clue what your name was but in AH he can just read the magic icon.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
 Duh.

AKDejaVu

[This message has been edited by AKDejaVu (edited 03-16-2001).]

Deja, Do you walk lopsided with thta great big chip on your shoulder?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

AKSeaWulfe

6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
One thing you gotta love about software run on a computer to simulate something.... it ain't real, just supposed to be fun.
:-)
-SW

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2001, 12:10:00 PM »

Originally posted by hazed-:
I still say it game or no game killing players with no weapon hanging defenslessly in a damn parachute means you have something wrong with your mind...somewhere deep in that black pit of a mind the player has thought 'oooh  look at that <brain kicks in> defenceless KILL IT DEFENCELESS NO RISK TO ME KILL IT!!!!'
LOL  
see what i mean ? admit it you just like killing little fluffy rabbits  
and this means you are a popsicle!  

hazed

'honour the opponent and then WIN with honour'

Whaddayamean defenseless?!?!  How many guys you ever see auger trying to shoot a chute?  Doesnt sound too defenseless to me.  

------------------
Sling322
Fat Drunk Bastards

Maverick911

6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2001, 04:42:00 PM »
I see nothing wrong with shooting chutes, they shouldnt of bailed in the first place ;-). I don't shoot chutes for the sole reason of being flamed to hell.

PakRat

6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2001, 05:08:00 PM »
It sounds like Hazed is projecting  

---
PakRat
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

"Juggies, dance us back in history!"

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2001, 05:55:00 PM »

Deja, Do you walk lopsided with thta great big chip on your shoulder? (Image removed from quote.)

Do you carry around a bag of chips and place it on someone's shoulder just before acting like an ass.. just so you can blame the other guy?

AKDejaVu

Sandman_SBM

6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2001, 06:08:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
6 call from a chute...
About as cheesy as a 6 call from a tank, or a 6 call from another plane that is so far away that in real life he would have no clue what your name was but in AH he can just read the magic icon.

So... before he could have simply made the call via the text buffer. I don't see the issue. It's all the same.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Do you carry around a bag of chips and place it on someone's shoulder just before acting like an ass.. just so you can blame the other guy?

AKDejaVu

Blame who for what? man your an intolerant person. You would argue with a white wall to tell it it was black. You make your own arguements to satisfy yourself. Some folks just have to have a crisis to be happy. Go fly and have fun M8.

Cya up,

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
6 calls from a chute?
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2001, 08:21:00 PM »
That's his point sandman.  It's not the chute six call that's unrealistic, it's the whole system, where we can track and id several aircraft from miles away, whether in a tank, chute or aircraft.  If you read accounts of WWII air combat, six calls weren't that effective: part radio discipline, part when the bullets started flying it was hard to tell which friendly was which, and part the radios weren't that good.
So it's a concession to gameplay -- you can hate it or like it, but singling out comms from parachutes as particularly unrealistic is untenable.

Hazed, pilots in chutes aren't defenseless.  They can use comms, and they can (and usually will) replane after they land/die.  Shooting the chute denies them comms, speeds their replane, and irritates them.  Ok, if you want to make a good impression on someone, you don't do it.  But if you want to make that guy get so mad he'll spawn from a vulched field and give you some more kills, I say it's the best way.