Author Topic: Increase F & B Hanger down time...  (Read 338 times)

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Increase F & B Hanger down time...
« on: September 10, 2002, 08:13:42 AM »
to compensate for the increased difficulty in taking them out.  I have yet to see a base shut down post 1.10.  If it is happening at all, you can't argue that it is very rare.  Bring base closures back into play.  The amount of effort and teamwork required to close a base warrents the change imo.
JG11

Vater

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 09:51:42 AM »
In terms of Jabo effectiveness, I'm not aware of any changes driven by 1.10.  Bombers have a little more difficulty, but Jabo attacks were largely uneffected by 1.10.  Target hardness and hanger downtime has remained the same.  I have seen numerous bases closed since 1.10's release.  Perhaps it's just your own preception.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 05:44:54 PM »
I see bases closed down all the time, just not with bombers anymore.  For the most part base capture is too easy right now and can be done with too few people.  I think base capture should be made harder so it takes more of a coordinated effort.  It's way too easy to milkrun bases with the town being as far away from the field as it is.  I would agree with increasing the downtime of hangars if it was more necessary to take them out for base capture.

The town is so far away from the field and VH that 2 people in GVs or planes  can milkrun a base easily.  IMO the town should be moved next to the base so that base ack will cover the town.  That way you have to take out all ack at the field and the town.  It would also make it so you need enough people to cap the base or take out the VH and FH.

Base capture should be a coordinated effort not something that can be done with two people.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2002, 10:15:05 PM »
You never see that because all you have to do now is kill a few city acks and shoot up the Japanese paper buildings in the city to capture.  This is stupid easy because the city is so far away from the airbase and the V hangar.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2002, 12:09:28 PM »
Another thing affecting base destruction is the resupply of bases. If you want to be sure a base is down and remains down, you gotta destroy the RR supply trains and truck convoys. Otherwise, base downtime hasn't changed.

Offline Imp

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 02:23:09 PM »
Attacking a train is suicide IMHO

The ack on it is uber (like all ack in AH)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2002, 12:25:43 AM »
Originally posted by Imp
Attacking a train is suicide IMHO

The ack on it is uber (like all ack in AH)

IMHO: Practise some more in offline.

Offline Imp

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2002, 06:22:10 AM »
Xjazz how many trains in WW2 had 37mm acks on every wagons?

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2002, 09:48:02 AM »
Originally posted by Frost
The town is so far away from the field and VH that 2 people in GVs or planes  can milkrun a base easily.  IMO the town should be moved next to the base so that base ack will cover the town.  That way you have to take out all ack at the field and the town.  It would also make it so you need enough people to cap the base or take out the VH and FH.

Yeah, sure! Make it so that enough players are needed to vulch all defenders down. That's big fun! :rolleyes: (that's how it currently is...)

Move the towns between the fields, so both sides can take off without beeing vulched.

I agree on the paper houses. .50s shouldn't penetrate 1 foot of bricks (that's what real houses are made of, not like those crappy US wood "houses" :D )

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2002, 02:16:08 PM »
Yeah move the town farther from the fields so it's even easier to milkrun...that's a smart idea.  Then we can make it so only one person can capture a base.  Base capture should be hard, it should take a coordinated effort to do so.  Right now people milkrun bases all over.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2002, 06:19:16 PM »
Make the towns something that can be fought over, not the fields. When one side archives and keeps air superiority over those towns far away, they can spawn GVs to the fields and take them within 1 minute.

In real war the fight seldom was directly at the airfields.