Author Topic: Please Make the Strategic System More Important & Reliable  (Read 98 times)

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
Please Make the Strategic System More Important & Reliable
« on: September 10, 2002, 02:57:34 PM »
Last night a Bish Lancaster formation bombed our HQ, knocking out our radar completely.  Within minutes, 2 Knight resupply goons were on the way to the HQ from a nearby base.  Within 15 minutes our radar was back up.

Fortunately for the Lanc pilot, wcr (?) in a C. 205 shot all three of the Lancs down minutes after they dropped, sparing the buff pilot a long trip home.  How upset he would have been to realize the radar was up again before he even left our airspace!

Maybe the last patch fixed it, but too often I hit cities and factories, but the buildings prove to be indestructable.  And, no, I'm not bombing Knight targets by mistake!

The other day I flew a formation of Ki-67s on a lengthy mission to bomb a city.  Despite that I was on radar for quite a long time and there were quite a few people up, no one bothered to even try intercepting me.  I clobbered the city and went home.  No one cared.  

I hope v1.11 will make the strategic system more reliable, and its preservation more crucial to each country.

*When strategic stuff gets destroyed it should stay down much longer.

*Resupply should help, but not as much as it does now.

*To balance these two suggestions, there should be far more strategic targets, with more realistic and challenging layouts for the bombers.

MRPLUTO  VMF-323  ~Death Rattlers~  MAG-33

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 10:26:31 AM »
Another example of how pointless strategic bombing is:

Last night, hazed led a large raid on the Bish HQ, causing all the Bish radar to go down.  At the time, the Bish cities were at 76% and their radar factory at 91%.

Within 15 minutes the Bish radar was completely back, even though the cities and factory were still damaged.

Perhaps resupply should limited to tactical drops at fields and to GVs.  Instead of lengthening the downtimes, just assure buff pilots that if they destroy a city or factory it really will be down for 3 hours.  Or, in the case of HQs, 2 hours.

What exactly is the formula for the chain-reaction effect caused by destroying cities, factories, and the HQ?  Are the given downtimes maximum ones, if all factories/cities up the chain are completely destroyed?

I think the zone system is a needless distraction.  If each country had five cities, the total destruction of any one would reduce the country's city value to 80%.

There could be two or four of every kind of factory, and they, too, would just have a cumulative value for the whole country.

MRPLUTO

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 11:34:07 AM »
The trick to killing an HQ is to only hit it with about 17000lbs of ordnance.  It leaves only the friendly bar dar on, and resupplying does nothing.  It's  the people who finish off the HQ that let em rebuild it.

HQ's are really the only target worth bombing.