Author Topic: Cockroaches Love Pizza! Remove the Far GV Spawn Points.  (Read 132 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Cockroaches Love Pizza! Remove the Far GV Spawn Points.
« on: September 13, 2002, 08:20:27 AM »
I like the size of the AKDesert and enjoy flying in it, sometimes.  Yesterday afternoon though I found myself saying “man I’m not having any fun here”.  I wasn’t flying to bad, my JABO’s were good, and had a few 1v1 and 1v2’s that were pretty fun and well fought.  For the most part though it wasn’t fun and I think I figured it out.  There’s too much to keep track of or try to.

There are too many front lines.  That in it self is difficult to control but for the first time I hit the tank icon to see spawn points.  Holly spawn point Batman!  In my opinion there are too many GV spawn points.  There were at least 4 bases I was keeping track of yesterday with no DAR bar but flashing attack.  I up to find either Panzers or Ostwinds attacking the base.

What’s the easiest way to fix the situation?  Take out all of the far GV spawns.  Yes, I said all of them.  Make GV’s available for base defense only in the Desert terrain.  The only exception I would make are the VH bases in the caverns and I would only let them spawn to the other VH bases.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 08:31:32 AM »
No!  The AKDesert map is spread out too far as it is.  The distant spawn points help "close the gap".  GVs on base defense are targets, not weapons.  

Its too easy to take down the vehicle hangars at a base on the first JABO run, and the distant spawn points help reinforce a base that's under attack by using the vehicle hangar from another base and spawning closer to the base under attack.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2002, 08:35:57 AM »
I didn't realize just how close the vehicle spawn points are until last night.  I figured I would log a bit of Lancaster time and once at altitude, headed for a base to hit....almost there, we capture it.  Our guys report that its easiest to grab GVs and go like a bat out of hell down hill and capture.  Hmmmph.

Turned to a different target...again, almost there, when voila, that's captured now too.  Grrr.  Out of frustration, I dropped my eggs on MY base... LOL ... that and to see if my bombsight was lined up right while at it.  :)

Pizza map isn't among my favorites, I have a difficult time finding out where everyone is at.  But the high alt fields are nice if you want to up a buff....assuming the enemy bases remain that way when you get there  :)