Author Topic: bishops numbers are a gameplay problem  (Read 760 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
bishops numbers are a gameplay problem
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2002, 02:19:30 AM »
Originally posted by PvtPyls
Perk multiplier wouldnt work. People would hop to least populated country and dweebs would jump back and forth chasing best multiplier.

Sounds to me like you are describing how it work to even out player numbers. :)
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2002, 03:44:06 AM »
Today's problem.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2002, 03:13:53 PM »
A day or two ago:
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2002, 04:26:27 PM »
Last night I logged on at about 8:00 PM mountain standard and saw the bish were outnumberd almost 2 to one by the nits and down to 2 fields, both of which were porked. Yeah the numbers are a REAL bad problem  :p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2002, 09:29:32 PM »
Counterwhine deployed!

about 8:45 CDT
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline mkuebeler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2002, 09:53:06 PM »
323 to 180.  What's your point? :)

Offline MAC

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2002, 05:58:07 PM »
LOL!

Also note that Rooks only had 10 bases, prior to all the Bish leaving the arena.

It's either a conspiracy for all the Bish to log out for 1 minute to take snapshot of the numbers or:

Monday Night Football, Survivor, The Bachelor?, or Spongebob Squarepants came on the TV so the other 200 bish that were on prior to screensave logged.  

:D

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2002, 07:20:15 PM »
waaaaa

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2002, 07:21:30 PM »
kill barraks if you are out numbered........... ever hear  of a suicide jabo run for Troops and supplies??

waaaaaaaaa

Offline MAC

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2002, 08:01:45 PM »
E A S Y General BGBMAW! Calm down.

Just a lighthearted jab

;)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2002, 10:43:16 AM »
I challenge anyone in this thread to post a solution to the supposed balance problem.  Go ahead,..make my day.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2002, 11:20:44 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I challenge anyone in this thread to post a solution to the supposed balance problem.  Go ahead,..make my day.

I see the problem not being a numbers thing as much as a fun factor thing. When a country is down to just a few fields and those start getting porked a lot of people just log off because of the situation causing an even greater imballance for the moment.

It happens EVERY time a country gets down to just a few bases.

The fix, to me, seems obvious.

For each map make it so there's atleast 4-5 bases that are uncaptureable and the strat for them ALMOST unporkable, maybe down to 50% but not totaly porkable.

It's not a complete solution but it would go far in reducing the very loopsided condition you get when a country is down to 2-3 porked bases.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2002, 07:30:37 AM »
Another idea: a zone at the farthest size of the map of each country used as an aerial spawn zone.

The zone may be a box of 10000 feet tall between 5000 and 15000 feet, 10 miles long along a map border and 2 miles width. When u spawn there u are placed heading towards your closer surviving base, at a random altitude and position inside the box and at 2/3 of your maximum speed for that altitude, WEP off and max man and rpm.

If your plane can load drop tanks, that loadout will be selected automatically and u will spawn with the drop tank/s empty and the selected internal fuel till 100%.
   If the selected plane can't use drop tanks, you will spawn with a maximum of 50% of fuel.

That spawn zone is deactivated untill your country is reduced to three airfields. When your country is reduced to less than 4 bases, the zone is activated and placed automatically in the border of the map closer to the surviving base farther from the centre of the map.

This feature may simulate reinforcements comming from outside the map.