Author Topic: New Threats  (Read 873 times)

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
New Threats
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2002, 05:33:16 PM »
Talk about Karma- I go out to mow my lawn and a dog has dug a hole in it. So I'm laughing as I'm filling it back in and I see a strange looking rock. I'm not taking any chances here- I called the bomb squad. Sheeesh, I hope I don't have that dream about Lazs in the tractor again tonight. Last night he was chasing me while Leslie was throwing flash bombs at me. I need to quit drinking Crown Royal.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
New Threats
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2002, 05:38:14 PM »
Elfenwolf, it was I who was manipulating your dreams. Thats why I have this picture of laz doing the funky in his tracktor.

Offline VAQ

• Copper Member
New Threats
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2002, 06:18:59 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Here's a little experiment- walk down the streets of Chicago or NYC, and make eye contact with every single person you meet. I don't mean casual, I mean direct looks. Ride the subway, and move your eyes from person to person. What's gonna happen?

Interesting that I should happen to read this.  I performed this experiment a few years ago in Chicago while doing research for a story I was writing.  I rode the trains early in the morning.  I tried to make direct eye contact and engage the other passengers in conversation.  I found it was a very difficult thing to do.  A vast majority of passengers would not make direct eye contact nor converse with a stranger.

They look away.

In contrast, I have always found the people in and around Kansas City, MO to be very open and friendly, easily engaged in conversation and unconcerned about making direct eye contact.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 06:30:16 PM by VAQ »

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2002, 08:36:48 AM »
Originally posted by Oedipus
 Whatever Sikboy. The eronious leap  (and personal mud slinging) that was made here was you with the Nazi death camp baloney.  It was refering to the "internment" camps for the Japanese-Americans in WWII and many of YOU seem to be of the same mindset which put those *US citizens* in concentration camps for years because of thier racism, bigotry and small, narrow blind mindeds.  

ROFL again... this is good stuff. Thank god that finding you funny doesn't make me a nazi, but only a racists lol. I wonder what thinking you're an idtiot makes me? I had a nice long speech about that, but after reading your posts on the subject I just decided I wished you were my neighbor, so that I could have humor on demand.

One of the main east west corridors in Florida gets shut down for a day because three handsomehunkes play a prank and this guy thinks the great injustice is that some hillbilly looked at the guy twice.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2002, 08:58:28 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Here's a little experiment- walk down the streets of Chicago or NYC, and make eye contact with every single person you meet. I don't mean casual, I mean direct looks. Ride the subway, and move your eyes from person to person. What's gonna happen?

What would happen? Would someone pick a fight or something?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
New Threats
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2002, 01:20:22 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

What would happen? Would someone pick a fight or something?

do the evil eye contact thing in large cities in the wrong hood to the wrong one/group of ppl - you'll end up dead

why?

insecure lunatics who don't hold/have any meaning/value to life ... yours or theirs
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
New Threats
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2002, 01:34:54 PM »
Originally posted by VAQ

In contrast, I have always found the people in and around Kansas City, MO to be very open and friendly, easily engaged in conversation and unconcerned about making direct eye contact.

Ahhh, KC. The San Francisco of the Midwest.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
New Threats
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2002, 01:40:52 PM »
Eagler, quit looking at me funny Biaotch.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2002, 01:46:14 PM »
Originally posted by VAQ

Not just Eye Contact, these people will actually stare at you. It's wierd man.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
New Threats
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2002, 03:02:00 PM »
What Vaq and Eagler said. Most people will avert their eyes- others will take it as a challenge. Point is (and Vaq illustrated this beautifully) eye contact means different things in different parts of the country. Our friends in Florida may have found themselves in a situation unfamiliar, and misinterpreted the woman's look.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
New Threats
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2002, 05:16:05 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
Eagler, quit looking at me funny Biaotch.

I would but you are quite funny looking :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder