Author Topic: fellow countymen bashers  (Read 225 times)

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
fellow countymen bashers
« on: March 17, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
Lately I've been chewed out by fellow countrymen at least 5 times (will not divulge names as I WILL NOT bash my countrymen)
Some say they called me off in text , well, when I'm in a dive I try not to read so SORRY BOUT THAT .
Now ,, when I'm 300 on a red 6 and someone calls me off ,, too late dude I'm engaged and not reading again
today a guy said he cleared my 6 and I cut in front of him . If he in fact did clear my 6 , I got NO 6 call , If I had of I would have broke , but I guess I was just his BAIT . To scream at people on your own team does not make sense ,, or maybe I'm missing something here /

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
fellow countymen bashers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Hell I only listen to 2 things...RW and the squad channel. If someone calls me off of a non-damaged bogey that they "saw first" I don't care. I fly my own way. <G>

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"
In arena: semperfi

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
fellow countymen bashers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by texace:
Hell I only listen to 2 things...RW and the squad channel. If someone calls me off of a non-damaged bogey that they "saw first" I don't care. I fly my own way. <G>

Actually with me its levels of attention. Red text always grabs my attention no matter what. Ill usually watch purple text becuase it usually is people working on something constructive. Green text ill watch for a while but when degenerates to "why are you morons attacking so and so" and such ramblings ill tune it out. Grey text i hardly ever notice, except when a familiar handle scrolls by that i assoicate as somebody who has something intelligent to say.

Sometimes I think about tuning out RW. Usually when Beef starts brodcasting his heavy metal music  

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
fellow countymen bashers
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2001, 09:46:00 PM »
I was once chewed out over the text buffer because I engaged a P-38. A fellow countryman said he had already "called it".  I typed back "huh?" He basically informed me that to prevent gangbanging that we were now to "Call out" the plane we were gong to attack.  I replied, "Yeah, whatever." I went right on engaging when ever I wanted to and never bothered to "call it".

The only thing that little episode accomplished was for me to have little respect for that pilot. I never did have any respect for him up to the day I stopped flying. I referred to him as the "twit"

Paint, when they start paying your $30 a month on their CC, than you can disenage whenever they ask you to. Unitl then you just fly and have fun!!!

When you are in an attack you cannot be looking at the text thinking, "Oh, I better check the text buffer to ensure nooone "called me off"".

Freakin Dweebs!!

Have a nice Day!!!  

------------------
Swager
On Leave 3./JG2~Richthofen~[/i]

"Enjoy yourselves now... for I'll be back"
3./JG2
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

TheWobble

fellow countymen bashers
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2001, 12:30:00 AM »
Ive been chewed out for hitting a ENEMY FH by someone on my own team because it "plowed up" his/its furball.

Bombers do what bombers do, tough titty      

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
fellow countymen bashers
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2001, 04:16:00 AM »
I haven't had this problem before. Usually, my fellow squaddies will 'steal' my kill, but rather that then he get away!  

I've had a few occasions where I came across a low 1v1 battle and killed the enemy in passing. I haven't had anyone get upset, yet. If, they did, I would ignore it anyway.

When the 13th is mixing it up, I almost never read the buffer and, in fact, normally have channel 1 and channel 6 squelched. I would squelch channel 2 if I could get away with it.

This sounds like a TA mentality. In the MA almost anything goes. Car bombing anyone?  

------------------
Voss
13th TAS

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
fellow countymen bashers
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2001, 07:54:00 AM »
I cleared your six, 'cuz chasing the other guy off ya is much more effective than telling ya he's there.
I yelled at ya for the simple reason that you didn't maintain SA, ya flew in front of me and killshooter gave the enemy a free kill.
If that bothers ya, I don't know what ta tell ya, maybe if HTC would turn off killshooter, folks would figure out what the problem is.
Anything else?

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"