Author Topic: UBER CHUTES  (Read 306 times)

Offline PC

• Zinc Member
UBER CHUTES
« on: March 17, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
Now that Perk Points are here, I find the relative hardness of chutes to be most annoying. Part of the fun in the Perk points is denying them to others. I mean if some guy is going to bail, does that mean he is no longer in the game and a valid target?

HT has done such a fine job, IMO, on modeling this stuff but I must say on the chutes they have really dropped the ball. Now I do not think we really need test data on the hardness of silk, but I can go test out how nylon does against a 7.62 NATO or a 40SW if posting this data will help, let me know.

Please bring the fun back into shooting chutes!

PC

------------------
Fat Drunk Bastards

PakRat

UBER CHUTES
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
The fun left???  

---
PakRat
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

"Juggies, dance us back in history!"

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2001, 10:34:00 PM »
<SALUTE> you have a problem, admit to it!!! "Yes I am a Chute shooter" Oh BTW aim for the body not the chute , they pop like a used rubbers ( not that I use rubbers more than once but)
    Signed Paintmaw , chute shooter

chuters are spys giving 6 calls ,, all chuters must die!!

[This message has been edited by paintmaw (edited 03-17-2001).]

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2001, 10:39:00 PM »
He blowed up REEEEEEELLLLL good!!!!  

Offline PC

• Zinc Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2001, 10:52:00 PM »
Please do not take it like I do not have fun doing it anymore, I do. It's just that the dang things are tougher than a P-47 and that just isn't right.

PC

------------------
Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline PC

• Zinc Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2001, 10:59:00 PM »
So you think it’s my technique? I need to work on my game.

PC

------------------
Fat Drunk Bastards

funked

UBER CHUTES
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2001, 11:09:00 PM »
We need perk chutes, something indestructable.  Maybe the Ostwind turret dangling from a chute?

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2001, 11:44:00 PM »
I use w363 wav that came with CFSII  

I stuck it in that explosion/hit sound thing I put togather, under explode4 (plane/ground explosions)

[This message has been edited by Jigster (edited 03-17-2001).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2001, 01:21:00 AM »
Bah, people has no honor in this game..  "shoot the chute shoot the chute" .. bastages.

Offline Dmitry

• Copper Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2001, 01:29:00 AM »
what possibly fun do you see in a shoting a chute?????

------------------
Best regards
Dmitry aka vfGhosty

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2001, 04:48:00 AM »
they are quite a bit harder.....weren't the human models 1939-45 a bit more squishy and soft? i have hit them dead on with my cowl guns on two passes and still no happiness - am i missing something or should people not be able to take 100 rds?

lazs

UBER CHUTES
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
Well... If we are going to have the perk system then shooting a cowardly bailer makes sense.   It will be just that much longer before he will be seen in a Tempest shooting at you.  

If we want realistic flight models and gunnery then 1 0r 2 bullets should indeed kill a person in a chute.  
lazs

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2001, 02:26:00 PM »
The bodies are still soft.  The "shell" (chute itself) is actually quite hard, if you've less than .50/13mm you can't get it, but the guy underneath (the one to spat in the face of his mechanics and countrymen who built him that plane by jumping out of it just because it was scratched a little and contributed directly to the exploitation of the silkworm) is still squishy.

Frosty1

UBER CHUTES
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
ROFLMAO!!! Where did this PC guy come from? You rock! Fat Drunk Bastards for everyone!  

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
UBER CHUTES
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2001, 05:24:00 PM »
The Austin boys found him still drunk and passed out one morning behind BW3s.  After kicking him a couple of times and giving him a beer, he helped Fatty rummage through the dumpster to find the leftover wings that had been thrown out the night before (they weren't open yet, and Fatty wouldn't be denied his wing fix).  After that, he just kind of stuck around...his constant odor of beer and piss reminded most of the guys of home, so they didn't have the heart to run him off and just asked him if he wanted to join the squad and sleep in the latrines instead.  He's been an outstanding member of the squad ever since  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!