Author Topic: Wulfie's Wingman Of The Day (SAT 28APR).  (Read 179 times)

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
Wulfie's Wingman Of The Day (SAT 28APR).
« on: April 28, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
Alexei.

Over A22. Big sweep of enemy aircraft at 6.0-10.0 alt and 4 or 5 more strafing the heck out of A22 as well.

I catch a Spitfire IX zooming out of a gun pass and knock him down. Check my lo/co/hi 6 and there's another Spitfire IX (isn't there always another Spitfire IX?) and a N1K2, both at about 1.5 and the Spitfire IX is holding position and the N1K2 is gaining slowly. I am at 2.0 AGL screaming past A22 heading 090 at ~450 MPH IAS.

Alexei calls '6' to me. There are 1 or 2 more enemy aircraft appearing over A22 every 45 seconds or so. Some are spotting me low and entering shallow dives for a long pursuit.

Small zoom climb and a 'cheater' (70 degrees bank) split S. The Spitfire IX follows but didn't expect it so low to the ground so he falls out of the curve wide to the right (my 5). The N1K2 has to loop and dive back on me.

Alexei reads the situation perfectly just as I start the maneuver. Normally my maneuever would not set him up well for a shot. But he read everything perfect in a very short period of time and by the time I'm level again the Spitfire IXE and N1K2 are still there and about .5 farther away than they were, but Alexei is right on their collective high 6 with good closure speed.

=============================================

It is *so* much easier to do well and have fun when you have good wingmen, no? 8)

So, today, Saturday - (SALUTE) Alexei (a Rook).

Mike/'wulfie', 2./JG 14 'THOR'

Lazs certified LW Boot Licker Title:

Untersturmlagerslammenfuhrer 'Wulfie', 2./JG 14 'THOR'

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
<S> wulfie.
You allways have been one hell of a FW driver - and teamplayer.Winging you some time ago when 1.06 came out just confirmed that.A true pleasure.

Saw you yesterday at the 22 furball.Fast line up, quick kill and away.Wasnt surprised to see your name in buffer.Didnt try to follow <G>

Now get that RW working..

danish

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
Glad to have you in the game, and flying for the rook country wulfie.

<S>

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2001, 07:28:00 PM »
Welcome Wulfie,and glad to see your a rook for sure!

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

funked

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2001, 08:49:00 PM »
<S> Wulfie
I taught Alexei everything he knows.  

------------------