Author Topic: Awesome freaking Il2 screenshot  (Read 400 times)

Offline jbroey3

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Awesome freaking Il2 screenshot
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2002, 01:44:34 PM »
Il2 is simply the best WWII simulation to date. The physics engine, the graphics, the amount of flyable (hi fidelity) aircraft are amazing.

On the "to-do" list for the future with il2 involves online play.

Once oleg creates a dedicated server that handles the networking aspect of multiple players, i think we will have a new online king.  

Only time will tell though.

Im not being a cheerleader, just a watcher of trends. Il2 has definately sparked a new revolution in combat flight simulation technology.

Along with an already excellent product, Oleg's team has shown that they are Extremley dedicated to their product as well as the hardcore simulation fans from around the world. I have not seen a SINGLE company go as far as to support and allow after products for future additions.

The up and comming Forgotten Battles looks to be as magnificent as when Il2 first came about.

as time goes on...

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2002, 02:06:55 PM »
Il2 has the best graphics of any WWII simulation to date.

Has a pretty good FM and DM- but both are deficient in their own ways.

That's about where it ends.

Hopefully FB will be the best WWII game... but Il2 is deficient in many areas for a boxed game.
-SW

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2002, 02:13:49 PM »
Originally posted by Hristo

Please elaborate

IMO, it is the best and so far never modeled in any sim. Watch the target while approaching through glass window on bottom of your cockpit. At 1500 m cut throttle and engage airbrake. The plane enters a dive. Check angle on side of your canopy. At 600 m the warning sound tells you to pull up. Drop the bomb and autromatic leveling system will pull you out of your dive.

All of it is historical, I even heard that auto leveling system was limited to 6gs, didn't check that in the game.

the stuka is cool, can't hit much with it but the sirens are awesome

thanks for the info SW & co
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Viper17

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2002, 03:54:44 PM »
YEA LOOK AT EM COMMYS RUN:D

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2002, 04:09:09 PM »
mih il2 = eycandy PERIOD. not much else good about it. AH doesnt lag by much and who really cares what your cockpit looks like when your in the middle of a dogfight anyway. cockpits are about being able to understand what things do and be able to read them. played the demo of il2 and since i have no joystick i couldent fly/aim worth beens had no clue where i was on the map and had no CLUE what my altimeter and speedomter were or said.

and it takes forever to load and is a little laggy on my rather good machine

1.2ghz amd athlon xp
256 mb sdram
nvedia geforce2 graphics card

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2002, 05:52:09 PM »
i dunno hristo i am annoyed i cannot drop all ord at once, or even select that which i want to drop.
As soon as you drop any bomb the pullout sequence initiates.. dunno if thats realistic or not..

I'd rather the system wasn't there +)

SKurj

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2002, 01:00:14 AM »
I think one way to go around that is to turn off speed brake, release bomb, turn on speed brake and drop last bomb.

cockpits do look very nice