Author Topic: wouldn't it be more honest...  (Read 220 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
wouldn't it be more honest...
« on: September 18, 2002, 08:50:38 PM »
to just declare war on I raq and take their oil as 'spoils'.

more and more I'm starting to believe that this has less to do with terrorism and more to do with oil.

who are the people in our administration who are for war?  most have worked for, or own oil companys. I'm no expert on the subject (working takes up enough of my time that I can't follow this stuff full time), but it seems that the only high ranking bush official who isn't drooling over war is the most experienced on the subject and the one they should be listning to, Colin Powell.

I'm no fan of hussien (sp?), but it seems that our big squeak was that he wouldn't allow inspections, or full access for inspections.
well he says that we win he will allow full access.  now maybe he's lying, if so we can always drag out the guns when he breaks his word.  

but I'm hearing quotes from bush like-

"he's just trying to avoid military action."- no toejam? huh.  isn't that the point of threating people with military action?  to get them to do what you want in an effort to avoid it?

or my favorite so far (spoken in the tone my kid uses when I punch holes in a lame excuse he comes up with)-
"when will you people understand that this is not a reasonable man!?!?!" (para-phrased)   so who's not a reasonable man? hussein or bush? my bets on both.

seems like bush and his oil buddies just want an excuse for a war so they can put a puppet in who will sell them oil.

seems dishonest and kinda acting like rutabagas.  If your gonna kill some people and rob them of their oil, then at least have the balls to stand up and say thats what you're doing.

btw-  so far I'm doing pretty good at keeping my mind from going in the direction of wondering if 9/11 was allowed to happen as a motivation for the population of this country allowing a war.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 09:30:23 PM »
I think Iraq would be more than happy to sell its oil to anyone if the full UN sanctions and oil trade embargo were lifted. The US government is the most ardent supporter of the sanctions regime in the UN. If Bush simply wanted to buy the oil why not just push to remove all sanctions?  Why go through all this military posturing when unlimited oil sales are just a simple UN resolution away, a resolution France, China and Russia would happily support.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2002, 10:15:29 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 09:43:00 PM »
Apathy-

Tried reading the news a bit more carefully.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 11:55:12 PM »
The scary thing is, Bush knows that if he invades Iraq, Hussein will send a few SCUDS to Israel...which has already stated that if one of those falls into a populated area and causes heavy casualties, they would retaliate with a nuclear assault. And Saddam knows that all other arab nations will then attack Israel (and prolly get nuked too), then China and France and Russia will either have to intervene to make things STOP (they wont join either side anyway)... and we end up in a triangle where the US/UK are stuck in the dilemma of supporting/defending an ally that nuked Iraq in self defense, that is suddenly under attack from all flanks, PLUS have to deal with C.F.R. (China, France, Russia) AND have to somehow finish off Iraq (or whats left of) quickly.

Naaaaaaasty.

Saddam knows it. Bush knows it. Thats why both MUST have the FULL support of the UN...thats the final victory.

Sadly, that fruitcake in Baghdad holds the deciding cards.

Personally, i'd say to hell with them all and develop that neato Hydrogen fuel system. Bankrupt their economies and THEN see if they can finance a WMD development program.

Offline MwRod

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 12:36:12 AM »
You guys are forgetting that Iraq has. Attacked United States and Great britin, Over 2000 times since war ended. It is only country to attack almost everyday. And we have tried to palliate these attacks.  

We have gone to war for  single attacks let alone over 2000.

America wants him out before he gets nukes, Because once he gets nukes, there will be no stopping a nuclear war in middle east which could destory entire world's population.

I for 1 want to make it legal again to remove dictators or any leader by any means including assassinations.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 12:52:49 AM »
Hey MWRod, how did that dispute with Shane end? The one where you had 5k on him in a Niki and he shot you down? I know there was some discrepency over just how much of an advantage you actually had, but I never heard how it ended, other than you died in spite of an advantage, however slight. I'm not tryin to be a smart bellybutton or nothin...

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 03:42:44 AM »
Ah I'm not Winston after all!

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 08:33:34 AM »
You guys are forgetting that Iraq has. Attacked United States and Great britin, Over 2000 times since war ended. It is only country to attack almost everyday. And we have tried to palliate these attacks.

huh?

America wants him out before he gets nukes, Because once he gets nukes, there will be no stopping a nuclear war in middle east which could destory entire world's population.

Hmmm, cause theres no nuclear power already willing to drop the bomb in the Middle east now right?

Yes, can we please only just have the one nuclear power holding all the cards in the middle east please...It's far more orderly that way

I for 1 want to make it legal again to remove dictators or any leader by any means including assassinations.

Yup...lets start with Saudi Arabia, then Kuwait...Pakistan..........oo ps, wait did you say remove dictators...who doesn't have bases that are needed again??  :rolleyes:

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 08:58:11 AM »
Yep Tac

thats why we need to keep our ground troops way away from Iraq, don't think they will be needed :)

but really
I think Saddam ain't the martyr type and will not fire on Israel. Given a reason, I am sure an Israeli sniper bullet will find Saddams skull way before an Israeli nuclear device finds Iraq soil.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder