Author Topic: GhostH  (Read 578 times)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
GhostH
« on: September 19, 2002, 05:31:35 AM »
I had respect for you before last night.
Now I see your nothing but a bully who abuses his  privs.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
GhostH
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 06:42:57 AM »
Nice, post a slam on one of the most respected fellows in the game, then don't back it up with any facts.  Classy.  :rolleyes:

GhostH has a lot a patience, and has helped a lot of folks in this game.  Until proven otherwise, I'll still respect him for the great guy he is.

Well, I least I know which column to file you under, thanks for the info.

Lephturn

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
GhostH
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 08:24:19 AM »
X2lee I came into the arena and got a complaint about you on priv msg. I popped into CM Eye and warned you just as you were hovering over the Buccaneers takeing off. I asked you very nicely to go elsewhere, you said no.

But it was when you took the verbal sparring match
a step lower by insulting me that I booted you.
I'll do it EVERY time.

Fact of the matter is I lost respect for YOU last night. You were a lone F6f over a base with tons of enemy activity. WHY?
When I asked you politely to go elsewhere why didn't you?????

When I reminded you that you MUST have permision to engage before shooting all you would say is you didn't shoot anyone. Yet at the same time I saw you setting up to shoot a spitfire.

All of those plus the verbal insult signeled that you were a problem looking for a place to happen.
So I dumped you. Didn't get any jollies out of it,
actually bummed me out so I logged off.

It cost you a whole hour of your time, time to contemplate where perhaps you may have made a mistake? Instead you come here and slam me again.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
GhostH
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 02:24:07 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

All of those plus the verbal insult signeled that you were a problem looking for a place to happen.
So I dumped you. Didn't get any jollies out of it,
actually bummed me out so I logged off.

Ok fair enuff. I cant imagine who would have complained about me last night. I came in 2 hours earlier specificly to help newbies. I had gotten a 10 dollar credit on my account from HTC this month and figured I would help out to earn it. I was being a target drone for most of the time I was in the TA. The flight leadr of the p47s was Jarbo? He came on and asked me not to engage the Jugs.
I said NP. I didnt engage them at all. It was a good 15 minutes later when you said not to engage them, again I said ok. When you said you had gotten some complaints I didnt know you meant with me, as I said, I had been helping out in my mind.
I had been sparring with that spit14 for over an hour that you saw me shoot. When you told me to leave the area I thought that was out of line and said so. It made me a lil mad. Hence the "bite me" remark.
FYI I was an AW game op for over 3 years and helped extensively with the training program there. In all my time there I never booted over 5 or 6 folks, and always I told them I was going to in advance. If I could have gotten back in to speak with you private I would not have brought this here.
Anyway, I think this was a misunderstanding and I wish to put it behind me.
So, I extend you an apology.
I'll  keep me arse outta the training arenas from now on.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
GhostH
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 07:07:16 PM »
Don't leave the TA completely, we DESPERATELY NEED all the help in there we an get. Especially with the new flood of nOObs incomming with AH advertising. That place is mass chaos at times and needs as many 'Rule Followers' as it can hold to prevent the chaos and help people.
Now I have no specific details of this situation, but in my experience there, Ghosth has been 'on the level' with people.
On the other hand, I do feel a 'do it one more time and you wont be flying AH for one hour' should always be announced to the offending person and he should have time to explain his actions.
However, you can't keep giving them chances because the ones that do not follow the rules tend to continue doing it.
I've unofficially become one of the Traininng Arena's 'Rule Police' with no power to enforce anything and can't count the number of times I've been told to 'leave me alone' or 'bug off, you don't work for AH'. I'll still continue to 'bang my head against the wall'  trying to 'inform' the people there that you need to ask permission and that 'check6' is not used in that fashion.

It'd be nice to have a badge and one bullet at times though,
just like Barney Fife :D

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
GhostH
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 10:21:16 PM »
I'll second fuzes statement.

Misunderstandings happen, sorry this one had to happen to us.

Hatchet long since buried on this end.

Stick around we need all the help we can get.
Sorry for the too quick boot & the misunderstanding.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
GhostH
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2002, 05:25:30 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
I'll second fuzes statement.

Misunderstandings happen, sorry this one had to happen to us.

Hatchet long since buried on this end.

Thanks, thats very gracious of you.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
GhostH
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2002, 06:24:36 AM »
WTG guys.... . Its nice to see two indiv able to see possiable flaws in thier logic/reactions and then able to show some humiliaty.

This ALONE shows alot more character than one expects lately from most.

xBAT

P.S. Its damn good to have guys like you training "noobs" as well.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
Good to see
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2002, 03:19:37 AM »
Hi guys I'm fairly new to AH, yes I'm addicted already.
What I wanted to say here is that it's great to see
the two of you guys settle this missunderstanding
in such an adult fashion.

xbrit

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
GhostH
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2002, 01:49:06 PM »
Nice Job Guys,
              I wish everyone could settle this as well as you two did. I didn't expect anything different from ghosth but X2Lee nice to see that you can respect somebody elses opinion, apologise and come to an amicable mutual conclusion :)

WTG :)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
GhostH
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2002, 02:26:03 PM »
Betown, ever notice that the shadow never changes aspect regardless of the angle of the sun? ;) In other words, it's always directly below you even if the sun is but a few degrees above the horizon.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Bolt45

• Zinc Member
GhostH
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2002, 04:48:53 PM »
I think some of you just need to get laid more than once a year
this would eliminate alot of the cocky attitudes & spats .

Love , Bolt45 ;)

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
GhostH
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2002, 06:23:02 PM »
I love stories with happy endings...

When are you two planning on getting engaged ?

;) ;) ;) :D

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
GhostH
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2002, 06:14:06 AM »
Group Hug! :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
GhostH
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2002, 06:43:01 AM »
I meant to follow my smart alec comment with another post and forgot to do it....

I want you two guys to know how much I respect the way you both handled this situation.  

You two Gents have CLASS.