Author Topic: WW2OL Revisited  (Read 5883 times)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2002, 03:43:11 PM »
Why would I cheat Dale? Since CRS cant sell key codes, you must buy the box. SF  would make no money that way. I agree using a publisher as an error, but they did front the money.

Yep, players are down, so? 300k play EQ. Is EQ something worth playing to you? Numbers are a measure of commercial success. Killer never thought it would be a 300 K success. All it needs is what it needs. Maybe numbers will come up with the Mac release and more Euros. Euros can play from a CD in game mags and buy CD key codes online, bypassing SF.

hardcase

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2002, 03:44:05 PM »
Geesh you even spin what some else says,

He didnt say he wanted wwiiol to fail, He said the same thing I did.  That is we really dont care if they stay in buisness or fold it would make no difference.

I dont feel its up to me to prop their crappy product up. Build it, they will come, if its good they will stay.

It wont mean an end of the world if they close shop. As a matter fact they can make a good case study on what not to do should someone else try.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2002, 03:46:49 PM »
Tardcase wrote:
Point, Match, Game

Gee! What did you win! A clue maybe?

Well Tardcase this has been fun and all but your arguments have gotten boring so I'll leave you to you wondeful POS(which I'm sure your playing as you read this since you have to wait forever for a fight).

I hope you and the other 2 guys enjoy playing while you can.

I be gone!

P.S. STFU!
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2002, 03:47:28 PM »
No I DON'T think people should try it and YES I AM trying to turn people off before they look

What am I missing if that is not wanting a sim to fail?

hardcase

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2002, 03:49:42 PM »
naw..i know how to find a fight,type in the text..where is a fight..and click on the city or fb. Get something to move in, and if needed grab a ride, in a truck, on a tank, or fly.. Waiting on the beta coming this afternoon. I'd hoped for yesterday.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2002, 03:51:28 PM »
who said that?

More of your spin. We said its a pos, but that wont stop anyone else from finding this out on their own.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2002, 03:52:43 PM »
Waiting on the beta coming this afternoon. I'd hoped for yesterday.

Arent we all :D

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2002, 03:52:43 PM »
I think I have made some points you are afraid to address, so let me add...

1. Player numbers fell to the point the company filed Chapter 11. Fact.

2. CRS stated on the BBS they needed 1,000 new players a month to survive. Fact.

3. CRS has subsequently laid off employees. Fact.

4. Players on the BBS are beginning to more and more frequently complain about not being able to find a fight. Fact.

5. You show up here and spam looking for more players to fill the emptying CRS arenas. Conjecture, based on the above observations.

Here's another line of thought for you...

1. You claim you will take interesting over fun... does this suggest you admit AH is more fun oriented and less interesting oriented? Are you suggesting fun in a game is a bad thing? It sure seems so.

2. You have so much time to spam this BBS while you are supposedly playing that game and being "interested". Hey, if that game is so enthralling, why are you not there absorbed in your interest while you are playing instead of seeking fun here on this BBS?

Here's another thought for you...

Since it is clear we haven't the intelligence to write a review that will satisfy your "need for the truth", how about you give it a go? Write us an example of a good, hard-hitting, unbiased review of the game- no fair cutting-n-pasting anyone else's work, it has to be your own- and let us critique your review? Do you have the guts to do it? Be careful, I'll be going over it with a fine-tooth comb- that is, if you have the nerve to try it, which I seriously doubt you will.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2002, 03:55:18 PM »
ahh..telling me how is not encourging me..my bad.

hardcase

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2002, 03:58:45 PM »
I wont tell you how to get free time in ww2ol cause you would maybe tell someone else, not encouraging em, but just telling em how and they would:D

btw, have you told many of this?  Glad those  you told didnt  do it

hardcase

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2002, 04:01:58 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
It occurs to me... if the game is doing so well, why the need to spam this board for players?

WWIIOL's gameplay intrests me, it has sort of more chances for different things.. I can't really explain it, but I find it more fun..
Obviously it isn't the case with you or with many others.
but thats how it is, one likes, one doesn't.

From the begining I didn't think WWIIOL would get to the player counts it was advertised for (being capable of dealing 10k players) and what publisher seemed to expect.
Simply because it wasn't what the main stream plays - fast action which makes the game more intensive.
WWIIOL simply isn't the fast & intensive action.
plus the bad problems in the begining and when there are still some flaws, although I don't feel like those flaws would be ruining the fun on my part.
Many thinks differently of those.
(thats how it is.. what else can I say :))

WWIIOL isn't doing well what comes to business, but I would say it is improving fine.

but I don't see either reason why not to attempt to get more players to try it.
Games are often 'advertised' in the off-topic forums by the players.

Oedipus,

I have told you why.
It is odd why you haven't noticed it.
Although, I've already made the observation you don't notice other things either.

Wotan,

To me it sounds like many in this thread are trying to get people convinced that WWIIOL has too many flaws to be playable.
Isn't that same as trying to make WWIIOL fail - players staying away from game - game will fail when it can't get players.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #326 on: September 26, 2002, 04:29:01 PM »
if the game was good there nothing us malcontents could say could threaten the survival of that game.

I am not gonna pretend I like it or that it even half way good.

I call it like I see it and you do the same.

Its doesnt bother me when folks say they dont like ah or that they find ah boring. Why should a few guys  opinions on the board, who you say are biased wwiiol haters, effect the the success or failure of such a "fun" game as wwiiol.

We dont spam other boards. We certainly arent lying about the reasons we find that game to be crap. Any motive or biased we have is directly linked to the experience we have had with that game.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #327 on: September 26, 2002, 04:42:14 PM »
Wotan,

Nobody's asking you to like it or pretend to be liking it in any manner.
All you're asked, is to be objective, let the people find out whether they like it and not put the words in their mouth already before they've tried it.
Neither are we objecting to someone saying their opinion, only the way it is said.
(like for example theres no reason to exagerate, put unreasonable expectations on the developers which you don't expect from other game or remind about the year before which is far in the past)

Hardcase posted this topic in the off-topic forum and I don't see what is the problem with it.
He is trying to tell it to people who might care and this kind of games off-topic forum is the best..

That has been the practice for over the years already.
WB was 'advertised' by the players in AW boards (well, more like news groups back then), AH has been 'advertised' in WB boards...
Also many other games has been 'advertised' in AH off-topic forum, not just WWIIOL.

Alot of totally unrelated topics are discussed in off-topic forum of AH - but isn't that the main reason for it?

I wonder how many players in AH also plays WWIIOL.. I'm sure you're not talking for all the players yourself, that would be stupid, wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 04:45:24 PM by Fishu »

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2002, 04:44:56 PM »
Objective?  I keep seeing that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2002, 04:48:53 PM »
AKdejavu,

The words "Object" and "Objectively" are two different words.

Objectively

\Ob*jec"tive*ly\, adv. In the manner or state of an object; as, a determinate idea objectively in the mind.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Objectively

adv : with objectivity; "we must look at the facts objectively" [ant: subjectively]
Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University