Author Topic: New Server  (Read 129 times)

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
New Server
« on: September 24, 2002, 07:49:54 AM »
Man, no disscussion regarding the soon to be installed new server!  I thought for sure there would be all kinds of comments about how it just couldn't work.  I thought there would be post after post about how each of us think it should be set up:)

Skuzzy, ya just don't have the touch to set off an explosion of posts when ya post in the announcements area heheeeee:)

I for one am really looking forward to the new server.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
New Server
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 08:02:39 AM »
Hopefully maybe if they get a new server for the SEA too we'll be able to host events with as many people as can sign up :-D
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
New Server
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 08:33:17 AM »
If the MA works out maybe we can shut down the MA when SEA is up and have huge attendence, heheeeeeeee:)

I have had bad connects since last year.  I am really looking forward to this new server.  I think it can only improve our situation.  

I want to HTC for their understanding of this problem.  When the connect to Airwarrior started to degrade Gamestorm never listened to the users and it only got worse.  I discovered AH in 1999 and when beta started I couldn't believe how good the connect was.  I hope the new server will bring back the "good old days of AH" with our larger numbers.  If it does and thousands can be on at the same time can you just imangine..........Ya, really looking forward to the new server:) :)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
New Server
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 09:10:13 AM »
Hitech talked at con about this.

#1 Build & test new server (remember that test arena last week?)

#2 Once happy its stable & fully loaded ship to new home. (Believe Kansaw city area was mentioned.
This new location should take at least 2 hops off most peoples connect, possibly 3. Once its up and running as new main, repeat process.

As I remember the other advantage of this plan was that the arena size the server could handle would go up exponentially.

So #1 for MA, once bugs out of it,
Skuzzy will be building #2 for SEA,CT, Etc.

Patience guys  :)