Author Topic: Squads  (Read 313 times)

Offline Zipper9

• Zinc Member
Squads
« on: September 24, 2002, 02:42:02 PM »
After flying online for a couple of days it looks like i will be stucked here for a while.

Maybe i am blind or missed something but is it possible to see what squad a pilot/plane belongs to in the game?

I know there is a list of squads but is there many squads flying european time zone? If so, can someone please give me the name of a few.

Not that i am going to apply to a squad until i feel ready with this flight model but it would be nice to know who they are and maybe wing up.

Cheers

Zipper9

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Squads
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 02:48:29 PM »
best thing to do while learning is to join a squad. They can help get into the fm faster then trial and error.

There lots of good squads in ah. I not sure who all is on Euro time though.

Try posting/reading the squadron forums. My squad is currently full but I am sure you will find a home.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Squads
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 03:03:27 PM »
go to the main page (hitechcreations.com) and select
Community
Squads

there's a link to look up player's squads

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Squads
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 05:36:25 PM »
If you mean you want to know a pilot's squadron while in the areana, just pop up the clipboard and select "roster".

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Squads
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 05:52:39 PM »
Originally posted by Zipper9
Maybe i am blind or missed something but is it possible to see what squad a pilot/plane belongs to in the game?

I know there is a list of squads but is there many squads flying european time zone? If so, can someone please give me the name of a few.
Hi Zipper....  :)  If you look at the roster, people's squads are shown next to their name.... if you click the top of the Squad column, players will be sorted by squad names, grouping squad members together.  There are quite a few European squads, the Kraits, of which I am a member, the Wings of Death, 56th Firebirds to name a few.  Have a look at the roster during times you are online to see what squads tend to be on at the same time you are. ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
Squads
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2002, 05:53:13 PM »
Keep an eye on the roster for large squads that always seem to have guys on at the times you fly.

The squad i'm in only has 1 rule for recruiting pilots, we don't take 'number' pilots with handles like 45674

I guarentee if you ask on CH1 if anyone is recruiting you'll get someone offering you a place.  Beware of saying yes straight away though if it's a squad you've never heard of.  Ask who the CO is and check out their squad performance on the stats pages here

http://www.hitechcreations.com/cgi-bin/105score/105sqdscore.pl?sqdid=*CO HANDLE HERE*&tour=tpl.hitechcreations.com:0:Tour32

Inserting the name of the squad CO instead of *CO handle here*.  Don't be afraid to turn down a couple of squads before you accept.  Squad life can be great if you get a good one.

Gatso

99th ASTAG =Recruiting=

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Squads
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2002, 06:47:35 PM »
LOL gatso..

I never felt comfortable saying "Hi, my name is 6549-2"

What's up with a lot of handles out there being nothin but numbers ??

Like I'm going to remember, or seperate pilot 3456 from 4367 :confused:

There's got to be a reason.....

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
Squads
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2002, 07:08:49 PM »
Oh I'm happy with all the new 'numbers' coming in and there a quite a few...

They're usually the ones that get the stupid join requests, top of the roster see  :)

I bet 1/2 of them are flying around with their password as their handle coz they didn't read the instructions.

Gatso