Author Topic: nVidia Graphic flashes ( Skuzzy )  (Read 279 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
nVidia Graphic flashes ( Skuzzy )
« on: September 25, 2002, 05:51:17 PM »
Kind of directed at Skuzzy, but others can feel free to chime in,

Ok, I did the driver update only because I went from a GeF2 to a GeF4 and needed the newer one to get the most from the card.
My 1st try resulted in some sporadic, fast graphic flashes, similar to the big green triangles others have experienced. Mine were very fast, 1/10th of a second but smaller and not green, but would repeat flash like lightning almost. I noticed some starting from noseart, using external view, and when in the 'Hanger' from the minimized clipboard to the bomb selection area. Some days I would get a lot, and others none at all.
When I did install the new driver I used Det Destroyer, I am running Win98se, and did install the 'Standard Display Adapter(VGA)' when I did it.
However, I noticed in the fine print of the electronic install manual, it actually says to use the 'Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)'.
I did a reinstall of my video diver and today no flashes at all after 3 or so hours flying. I will keep an eye on it to see if it continues.

My question, would using that 'Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)' driver have much effect on the install opposed to the 'Standard Display Adapter(VGA)' ??
The driver I installed is the WHQL 30.82s.

Thanks all for your input on my output,
fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 06:23:02 AM »
Well, that minor change in the install procedure didn't fix it.
I just flew awhile and I started getting them. Back to the drawing board. I do not have 'Fast Write Support' so, of course, it is not enabled.

fuzeman

I do have the list of things to try and will comence shortly.
Shortly being geologic time.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 07:18:23 AM »
good luck fuze,i am a pc tech,let me know if you need more help :)
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 08:45:13 AM »
Try changing your AGP apature size in BIOS.  Try 128 MB and see what happens.  Try limiting your FR in AH's video setup.  Make sure v-synch is enabled for Direct X in your video properties.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2002, 11:02:22 AM »
Well the next thing to try was limiting the frames per second and I set it to 60 and no flashes after a few hours.
I'm not going to say it's gone because everytime I do, Murphies Law comes around and bites me in the arse. LoL

V-synch is enabled and AGP aperature is set to 1/2 ram size. I've got 256 so it is presently at 128.

I'll keep blabbering... er you posted on the results.
Steely, do you do house calls? :)

fingers crossed fuzeman

[ Next item on the list is a lower AGP bus speed, if the frame rate cap doesn't do it. ]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 11:04:49 AM by fuzeman »

Offline Hussein

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2002, 11:30:50 AM »
That was just the LSD wearing off fuze.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2002, 07:15:23 PM »
Na, I never went for that Longterm Sensory Deprivaton (LSD) stuff. Oops, you mean that OTHER LSD. I never did that much to GET flashbacks LoL
Also, it's not because I blink a lot either. I tape my eyes open so I don't.

flashback fuzeman