Author Topic: Reflecting on 1 year of Aces High  (Read 413 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Reflecting on 1 year of Aces High
« on: December 26, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
It was almost one year to the day that my wife handed me a card with a “gift certificate” for two months of AH.  It was probably one of the best Christmas presents I have received since childhood.  With one year down what do I have to say, in a word, wow.

I don’t play any other computer games, I don’t own any sort of gaming box, and most of the online time I have is spent in AH.  Being part of the AH community has been one of the most memorable and fulfilling experiences I have had.  Most of the individuals I have encountered in the air, friend or foe have been genuinely nice with a few exceptions.  It’s those exceptions that add some flavor to the environment and surroundings.  However it does on occasion make me wish I had a “give wedgy” command I could map similar to check-6.

I’m impressed with it all.  The graphics, flight modeling, sounds (although my wife cringes when the rattle of .50’s go off), game play, and customer service.  Probably the biggest strength that AH has is its ability to be flexible and incorporate change.  Since my account opened I have seen new aircraft, new terrain, a new strategy system, implementation of limited weather, and the inception of regular night and day operations.  I sometimes believe that we, the AH community, are too quick to point out flaws and problems because of the somewhat regularity in new releases, patches, or enhancements.  The game is constantly evolving and that in it self seems to spoil us.

I have never been apart of anything that affected so many people and at the same time had an almost “open-door” policy with the creators.  I like seeing the staff at HTC up and running around the MA.  I like seeing responses on the BBS from them.  Even a response to a troll shows that someone is keeping an ear to the ground trying to feel out what’s going on.  I sometimes laugh to myself as I get the vision of Bart Simpson (AH community) in the back of Homer’s (HiTech’s) car repeating over and over “are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet”.

<S> to everyone I have winged with or fought against.  I’m finally starting to get my sea legs so to speak and believe I may have moved up a notch.  I found myself getting upset the other night because I only returned to base with 4 kills.  Damn them vulches are getting easier  ;).

C’ya up for another year!

Zippatuh

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
Well said, and a good one too.  Glad yer here instead of out on the streets  :D.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
What you said :)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2001, 04:27:00 PM »
What Rude said  :)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
Haden't logged-on for about 3 months, I did tonight, and well... just like 2+ years ago...same sh*t(positively said), great fun !

oh, and what they said too  :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2001, 05:22:00 PM »
LLB<-----[reaches up HT's butt to pull Zapattah out....]  :D

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING!!!! but someone was gonna say it....

What Zappatuh said.....except I've been at it for four or five years. OH Zapattah! If you REALLY want to top it off finish out your AH experience then you have to come to the CON. Till you see HT curled up under a table hugging a bottle of good Scotch you just aint lived!   ;)

LLB OUT!!!!!!!

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »
Not too bad Pizza Hut!  ;)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2001, 07:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ozark:
Not too bad Pizza Hut!   ;)

Thats it!!  good call, I would have never guessed it!
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2001, 07:43:00 PM »
wtg Ozark, you should be a code breaker

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2001, 08:20:00 PM »
They make gift certificates?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2001, 09:53:00 AM »
Come To Papa Zippa!!!Wait..err..Uh oh...must..shake..off..six..A AAHhhhhhh!!!>>>Taka-Taka-Taka..CRASH!!!...Yeah,I'm REAL glad you've taken so well to AH..  ;)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
LOL – LLB

Damn, the key to the universe has been unlocked by Ozark.   :)

SirLoin in a 190?  Not a problem, uh, wait, he’s still turning inside me.  Friggin hacker!   :p

2Late4U - No, not really.  It was something my wife worked out with Joanne(sp?).

Zippatuh

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Zippatuh ]

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Pizza Hut..Lol!!!  ;)   ;)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2001, 09:28:00 AM »
You don't play any other game? I feel sorry for you. You are missing out on many good ones.  ;)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
I have to hand it to ya, FDSS; no one quite misses the point of every thread the way you do.  ;)

Pizza hut, that is funny!