Author Topic: Welllll GOooooood  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2002, 02:46:07 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Horn - is that dissent? In America? In 2002? Barely one year after 911?

Surely, you're a traitorous dog for expressing opinions contrary to the appropriate current affairs viewpoint, as laid down from high. :D

I'm being sarcastic, of course - but it's hard not to form the opinion that America is inhabited by 'raghead' hating, armchair war-mongers, flicking between News services for any glimpse of the 'fireworks'.

I know it's not really like that. I respect greatly those Americans that want to see a rational response, uncoloured by the events of Sept. 11th.

Yes, I seem to be the one of the few whose life wasn't "changed forever" by those a-holes running planes into buildings--except perhaps to be more watchful and simultaneously more irritated while at airports as they strip search some poor octogenarian.

A horrible tragedy? Yes. Shall we kick some bellybutton back? HELL YES. Have we? I think so. Could it happen again with the new security? Absolutely (think shards of glass, porcelain blades). Is our awareness heightened? Yep, and I think that's a good thing--complacency is not a good habit.

Iraq, however, is a whole different story, and should be treated that way instead of rolled up into the all encompassing "War Against Terrorism"

dh

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2002, 02:48:59 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
psssssst... there's no such thing as a "Clinton inspector"

Look, if we find that Saddam is behind 9-11, or supporting terrorism with the goal of inflicting harm on US, then I say squash him like a bug!

Otherwise lets try to protect what America is all about, and quit trying to become some kind of western Taliban.

Let's see just this weekend they find weapons grade uranium in Turkey  which is right next door to Iraq  Come on guys I no you're not stupid are you?  Surely you have learned from history?  The history of the past 11 years?  This has NOTHING to do with 9/11 never did.  This was part of the campain in 2000.  This has needed to be done since 1991.

Ditto to what Eagler said, but I swear my glass is half empty after this weekend.  Why people continue to pander to this murdering maniac I'll never understand.  We're going to lose this war at this rate.  Say goodbye to NY or LA or DC or Houston or Seatle or London, or all of them.   If they were smooth enough to hijack 4 planes at the same time, surely they can set off 4 or more nukes at the same time.

I pray to God that I don't have to say "see I told you so"

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2002, 02:51:42 PM »
C'mon Udie!

Houston looks like its already been hit.

;)

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2002, 02:55:21 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

no toejame

then when they aren't allowed to "inspect" what then?

"talk" some with the "leaders" of Iraq?

you need a plan "B" ready to go & willing to implement, can't start planning then. that'll be time for action not hand wringing

some of you forget it was Iraq that screwed the pooch first. They interfered with clintons inspectors to the point clinton got tired of hearing about it, took away from his oral office duties, & he pulled the inspectors out instead of standing up to the country which LOST the war and agreed to cease fire terms & then refused to follow them.

Iraq is the baddy here. Not the US as some dems/libs and hollywood heroes would have you believe.

Iraq is certainly a baddie.

The inspections were to start in 1993 or so. Do you really think that no one was thinking plan "B" back then? Do you really think that it's just been the recent Bush administration that has been saddled with this issue? If we don't have plans C-Z already in print and studied then we should fire our entire intelligence staff!

You could be right, but I thought that the UN actually pulled the inspectors, not Clinton.

dh

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2002, 03:01:37 PM »
Bush has said that Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2002, 03:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Udie

Ditto to what Eagler said, but I swear my glass is half empty after this weekend.  Why people continue to pander to this murdering maniac I'll never understand.  We're going to lose this war at this rate.  Say goodbye to NY or LA or DC or Houston or Seatle or London, or all of them.   If they were smooth enough to hijack 4 planes at the same time, surely they can set off 4 or more nukes at the same time.

This is what I was reacting to, Thrawn. "We're going to lose this war at this rate."

What war?

dh

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2002, 03:06:28 PM »
Remember this guy?

He wanted to avoid war just like our dear Senators in Iraq....

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2002, 03:07:56 PM »
Originally posted by Horn

This is what I was reacting to, Thrawn. "We're going to lose this war at this rate."

What war?

dh

Cross communication.  I hadn't read your post before I posted mine.

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2002, 03:12:17 PM »
Originally posted by Udie

Let's see just this weekend they find weapons grade uranium in Turkey  which is right next door to Iraq  Come on guys I no you're not stupid are you?  Surely you have learned from history?  The history of the past 11 years?  This has NOTHING to do with 9/11 never did.  This was part of the campain in 2000.  This has needed to be done since 1991.

Take a deep breath, relax.

The Axis of Terror (Bush/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld) has lowered our DEFCON status from Orange to Soft Teal.

Nothing to worry about big guy.
;)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2002, 03:13:31 PM »
Sure hope that smoking gun isn't pointed at some of you folks. I really do.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2002, 03:14:04 PM »
Massachussets......  :rolleyes:

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2002, 03:15:28 PM »
Remember this guy?

He liked to use preemptive strikes to ensure the security of his homeland.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2002, 03:17:53 PM »
Ohh the Bush Hitler comparison again. A treasure... Hey MT are you that ugly lesbian German government official who was recently fired for that same reason?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2002, 03:20:04 PM »
grun I think mt trumped you, throw your wildcard,  Stalin.....

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2002, 03:20:50 PM »
Boy MT I bet you are going to love the day a nuclear bomb takes out a major US or Israeli city arent you?