Author Topic: Alternatives to buying a Deer hunting license  (Read 1854 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Alternatives to buying a Deer hunting license
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2002, 11:04:20 AM »
I knew it was a baby something... veal, venison... they both got ve in it!

How about ostrich burgers, anyone had those?
-SW

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2002, 11:09:32 AM »
lol   nope. .not ostrich but buffalo is pretty good.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2002, 12:01:13 PM »
Good points Rosco, Shuckins and AKSWulfe.  I think this thread was intended as a warning to motorists to be careful driving....in this case the driver hit a deer.

The deer hunters among us have seen so much, that this picture doesn't bother us much, as far as the deer is concerned.  After all, we hunt them and have seen many deer.

I completely understand how some may be offended at seeing that picture, especially if they had little kids and they saw it and started crying.

............................. ............................. ............................. ...............

About hunting:

Modern day hunting is not so much a sport as it is a exercise in tradition, and a rite of passage.  Fathers take their children hunting to teach them respect for nature, to be responsible with a firearm, and to learn right from wrong.  It is quality time.

Lessons learned from hunting include never pointing a gun at something you don't intend to shoot, and don't just kill something to be killing it, but instead go through the preparations of cleaning and eating what you kill.  This is often enforced, so you learn not to kill possums or songbirds, etc...

Hunting does involve killing an animal with one shot, so it dies quickly without suffering... And, imo, is only justified when the animal is eaten.   Hunting is hard work, and successful hunts, where you kill a deer, are not an everyday event.  If it was, it would be called killing instead of hunting.

Les

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2002, 01:10:51 PM »
Shuckins,

I understand what you are saying, trying to graft human emotions
on a natural system.. are ill conceived.

I agree.

As long as immensly pleased isn't a human emotion it's all good =)

Originally posted by H. Godwineson
Kanth,

Sorry friend, but after spending a good portion of my life in close proximity to wildlife of all kinds I can state the following without fear of contradiction:

Predators enjoy killing their prey.  I have witnessed several kills by predators and, believe me, they appeared immensely pleased with themselves.

The attempts by our modern society to graft human emotions and concepts of right and wrong on a natural system that is totally amoral, are ill-conceived.

Regards, Shuckins
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2002, 01:14:32 PM »
Rosco, look at picture 3 and tell me what exactly is hanging from that deer touching the passenger side floor.

It's red and purple and pinkish and resembles a thick rope.

Originally posted by rosco
I dont see anything in this thread gory or gross, there arent any blood and guts strewn about, so other than the sight of a dead animal there is nothing to be offended about.  
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2002, 02:03:56 PM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng

aeren't we a little senstivie?

If you can't discern the difference between human and animal.. well..(not counting the FDB's)

we have no common ground to speak on.

Uh, humans are animals.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2002, 02:25:45 PM »
Originally posted by Kanth
really ammo?

turn them both inside out and post them on this bbs then explain to me exactly what the difference is.

Yessir.  I dont have to show you the guts of both to prove a point.  God created man in His own image, and created the creatures of the earth.  God then gave man dominion over them.  They do not have  a soul, and are a resource for mankind. Mankind have souls and are held accountable to God.

Well... You asked:)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2002, 02:28:31 PM »
Originally posted by -ammo-

Yessir.  I dont have to show you the guts of both to prove a point.  God created man in His own image, and created the creatures of the earth.  God then gave man dominion over them.  They do not have  a soul, and are a resource for mankind. Mankind have souls and are held accountable to God.

Now THATS how you troll!

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2002, 02:37:20 PM »
sry man but I can tell the difference between human and animal despite your play on words.
I certainly wouldn't put the value on an animal's life over that of a human's.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2002, 02:40:55 PM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng
sry man but I can tell the difference between human and animal despite your play on words.
I certainly wouldn't put the value on an animal's life over that of a human's.

Dude, your not thinking about this right.  You can't tell the difference between animals and humans.

Humans are a sub-set of of the super-set animals.  Therefore Humans are also animals.  It's not word play it's fact.  I suggest you aren't saying what you mean to say correctly.

I bet you mean to say, "I can tell the difference between humans and OTHER animals.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2002, 02:43:30 PM by Thrawn »

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2002, 02:47:03 PM »
I stand grammatically corrected !
:)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2002, 03:02:34 PM »
I certainly wouldn't put the value on an animal's life over that of a human's

Some things that pass for "human" these days aren't even worth the bullet it takes to put 'em down....

I value SOME human life over animals... others, well....
-SW

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2002, 03:14:11 PM »
Ammo we simply have different beliefs, that's kewl man, to each their own.

you understand maybe where I'm coming from and I think I  understand where you are coming from.

it's not a problem.

This goes towards explain why you don't have a problem seeing that deers guts on this board. (that's not a slam I'm simply saying that I understand why you don't have a problem from your perspective)

eh, I wanted to add while were all going off track about our beliefs and such, that my only point was that the innards made me uncomfortable because (we have different beliefs AND) I wasn't expecting to see them, and I asked nicely for some sort of warning to be displayed.

Originally posted by -ammo-

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2002, 03:26:26 PM »
Some things that pass for "human" these days aren't even worth the bullet it takes to put 'em down....

I was going to add to to my post but decided to not give Kanthany more ammo :)

Offline rosco

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2002, 03:59:31 PM »
I know what it is,  but id hardly describe it as graphic or gross. If I did I wouldnt ever be able to watch the evening news, go to the movies or do my job for that matter  :p  If you think thats gross I could snap a few picts of a holstien heifer with a sever sun alergy.

I think there are a few cityfied people in  the world who should visit  country more often...wait no I dont :D

Originally posted by Kanth
Rosco, look at picture 3 and tell me what exactly is hanging from that deer touching the passenger side floor.

It's red and purple and pinkish and resembles a thick rope.