Author Topic: Reagan/BushDaddy gave him these weapons!!  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Reagan/BushDaddy gave him these weapons!!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2002, 12:43:09 PM »
Easy- You purposely biased your comment to sound as though America alone was at fault for handing banned material to SH. To mention that Britain had a hand in doing the same thing would have gotten in the way of the typical "you Americans are hell-bent on blowing up the world" line of comments, and would have also gotten in the way of any British complicity (and therefore responsibility to do something about it) in the same act. As you say, to mention this little fact would have "spoilt the sound" of your post.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2002, 01:12:54 PM »
No, Kieran. You see this >>>>> :D I take it as meaning a J.O.K.E. You seemed to overlook it and miss it in your quote of me. Check my post - there's one right at the end of that paragraph. I was taking the piss, out of myself. So chill. Or go and continue your 'little' discussion over some dire, pointless computer game. Either way, I'm not interested.

Toad - no-one is denying it is a fact of life. I've not said it's unneccessary. But responsibility is the key. You have to take responsibility for your actions. It's the downside of the policy - but part of it nonetheless. I don't know how I can re-state my case any clearer than that. :)

Like I said it's our mess to clean up. Get the inspectors in with unrestricted access. If there's obstacles or restrictions of any unreasonable kind, then conflict it is.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2002, 01:36:17 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Like I said it's our mess to clean up. Get the inspectors in with unrestricted access. If there's obstacles or restrictions of any unreasonable kind, then conflict it is.

I agree 100%.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2002, 01:55:30 PM »

that's all Bush has been trying to do from the beginning

just had to threaten to blow up bighead & half his country to get this far, few more threats and the inspectors should be in <- if the dumbacrats and other limp wrists around the world don't screw it up

then it'll get real interesting
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2002, 02:14:15 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

that's all Bush has been trying to do from the beginning

Bush doens't have any right to demand any action on the part of Iraq that is not covered by UN resolution.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2002, 02:18:54 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

Bush doens't have any right to demand any action on the part of Iraq that is not covered by UN resolution.

Yawn!!

which one?

the resolution signed at the end of the war or one of the modifications btwn then and 98 when the non-inspecting inspectors left?

At least Bush is holding Saddams feet to the fire. More than can be said about our previous admin and the rest of the world..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2002, 02:37:05 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

Yawn!!

Jeesus, it's on 3:45 pm.  Grab a coffee will ya.

which one?

the resolution signed at the end of the war or one of the modifications btwn then and 98 when the non-inspecting inspectors left?

Whichever resolutions are currently in effect.

At least Bush is holding Saddams feet to the fire. More than can be said about our previous admin and the rest of the world..

Like Clinton or not.  He was still the leader of the US.  And could have vetoed any changes to security council resolutions.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2002, 03:03:03 PM »
Agreed, Dowding. I wouldn't want to get in the way of you wagging your finger in our faces. ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2002, 05:05:10 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding

Duck and cover!

Dowding and Toad agree!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2002, 05:10:51 PM »

True.

But if the inspections are hindered, nothing truly gets done and the UN lets Iraq get away with that behavior.........

.....and the US later takes a WMD strike that's even remotely traceable to Iraq......

I think the entire world is going to wish they had backed Bush to the hilt when they had the chance.. which is now.

Because what is a relatively small "conventional arms" problem right now may later turn out to be something much closer to Armageddon.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2002, 06:02:14 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

True.

But if the inspections are hindered, nothing truly gets done and the UN lets Iraq get away with that behavior.........

.....and the US later takes a WMD strike that's even remotely traceable to Iraq......

I think the entire world is going to wish they had backed Bush to the hilt when they had the chance.. which is now.

Because what is a relatively small "conventional arms" problem right now may later turn out to be something much closer to Armageddon.

I think we are, more or less, in agreement.  If the inspector's are hindered from doing thier duty, as laid out in UN resolutions, then invade an replace the govenment.

However, you can't justifiably attack a country for what they MAY do, IF they get WMD.

Offline Mr. Blonde

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2002, 07:04:28 PM »
However, you can't justifiably attack a country for what they MAY do, IF they get WMD.

why not?  if a country has a rap sheet as long as the one in question why would anyone wait?

It took a a good President to shame a un into action and scare the pants off a dictator.  We have a history if we forget it we're bound to repeat it.

What should be done? All I've read is complaints, pissin' and moanin' from self rightous ninnys.  

Try building the barn this time

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2002, 07:10:49 PM »
Originally posted by Mr. Blonde

why not?  if a country has a rap sheet as long as the one in question why would anyone wait?

Can you please list some items on the rap sheet.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2002, 08:45:26 PM »

I think we are, more or less, in agreement....

Yeah, we're in agreement.

I just think the entire world may wish the UN had acted forcibly now for "what they might have done" after they've actually done it.

There'll be no mercy in that event.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2002, 09:00:51 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I just think the entire world may wish the UN had acted forcibly now for "what they might have done" after they've actually done it.

There'll be no mercy in that event.

I think that if a nuke goes off in the US...well I think it would be the worst thing possible for the world as a whole.  I could see the US attacking just about whoever they wanted to and quickly becoming a facist state.  I could see Canada losing just about every bit of soverignty we have.  I think it would be truely a dark age for most of the world.  Although I bet China would do just fine.