Author Topic: Reagan/BushDaddy gave him these weapons!!  (Read 1258 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Reagan/BushDaddy gave him these weapons!!
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2002, 09:12:39 PM »
Read this: Text of the proposed House Iraq resolution

Apparently it's not just about what they might have, or what they might get...
-SW

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2002, 09:13:54 PM »
It will absolutely change the nature of the average American citizen. It will pull this country together as never before.

Therein lies the danger; because I feel certain I know what the common attitude will be.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2002, 09:19:51 PM »
SW,

Well, that's about as close to  proposing a declaration of war as you can get without proposing to declare war.

Still think the Reps are just being chickendroppings. Might as well "can" the BS and put it right out on the table.

It'd probably do more to get the attention of Iraq and the world community that way.

Still, it'll be interesting to watch this make it's way through the House and then see what the Senate does.

Interesting times.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2002, 09:26:05 PM »
I read that during class, pulled it out of this article:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/812825.asp?0bl=-0

Seems to me it's already going to pass in the House... could of read it wrong tho.
-SW