Author Topic: Squad Artwork Request....  (Read 141 times)

Renfield

Squad Artwork Request....
« on: July 15, 2000, 12:45:00 PM »
This may be a dumb request but we just discovered there are a couple of versions of the Checkertails squad artwork. I went to the squad artwork directory and was downloading the .bmp files 1 by one (a pain). I was also apparently missing a number of new files.

Could the art files all be put in a single zip file and put on the downloads page where all we do is pull it down and unzip into the squad directory to update all squad artwork a bit easier?

Also, I tried to ftp into HTC but wasn't able to connect where before I could. Has the ftp address changed or is it still available? Could someone post the proper config for FTP access if we can do it that way? Would make it easy to sort the files to just get the .bmp versions and then download in bulk.

Thx  

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2000, 01:08:00 PM »
Just login into AH and check your Aces high\Squad directory. You should find the current squad logos there, named after the CO.

Az

Renfield

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2000, 09:34:00 PM »
Not so, Aez. It doesn't automatically download the new artwork or at least mine doesn't. I found about 6 new pieces when I was pulling them down from the approved directory and one of them was an update of our own squad art - in fact it came up because others in the squad saw the old artwork in some screenshots I posted - which was apparently an update of artwork another squaddie had. There were three versions in existence and I had to manually update mine as did at least one other guy.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2000, 08:30:00 AM »
If you wish to make sure you have the current ones. Just remove all the files in the squad dir. And the system will refresh you.

HiTech

Renfield

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
Thanks! That's even better than having to download them manually!