Author Topic: Lines  (Read 559 times)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Lines
« on: October 08, 2002, 09:53:17 PM »
Question.  I tried skinning a plane today and it did very very bad.. but thats not the point, what i have a question about is I use just the regular paint and paint things that i want colored, now when  i paint over these things the lines that are on the original are gone.  Is there a way i can paint over them without erasing the lines that go around the whole plane?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Lines
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 11:22:28 PM »
with just regular ms paint I would have to say no. unless maybe you first go through and re draw all the lines but you wont get a natural look.

Theres several free programs you can down load.

Gimp is free and a great program. Innominate linked it in another thread.

These 2 took less then 5 mijn for both. I did these with paint shop pro (which has a free demo). Do a search.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Lines
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 01:24:39 AM »
The best way to simply re-color a plane is to use the basic texture thats there now, just redo the colors.

Convert the texture to greyscale and play around with layers and masking, and throw the new colors in a seperate layer.

To do this you need some kind of real image manipulation program, photoshop, PSP, or the Gimp all work.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Lines
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 03:18:19 PM »
Yup i got Photo Shop 7, and Gimp, but i guess i still need to play with it.

And 1 more question when you make a skin and u go to H2H and fly it... How can u make the plane available so other people that are in the same arena can fly the skinned plane?

And another thing i noticed was that it doesnt let me use green or Yellow colors when i try to paint over the plane.

And 1 more thing Innom from Cleveland? lol i was there couple days ago spent a day there.  

From Erie :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2002, 03:21:54 PM by WldThing »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Lines
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2002, 03:45:08 PM »
everyone in your h2h using the plane you skinned, will see that skin.

So if you use your 51 skin then everyone in your h2h session will have that same skin.

To enable the plane go into clipboard/field settings and go through each field and enable that 1 plane or the easiest way is to enable all planes.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Lines
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2002, 04:32:31 PM »
Kool Kool thanks!

And would u happen to know anything about the reason why Green and other Bright colors wont show.  I paint the Wings green and i save it in the texsrc folder, i open TE and hit Build and TE closes down... What kind of problem?

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
Lines
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2002, 05:39:40 PM »
It sounds like a palet problem. All AH textures are saved as 256 colour.

If you open one it will not let you use any colour not already in the pallet. Solution is to increase the colour depth to 16 bit colour and then reduce to 256 8 bit colour when finished with your skin.  It is a good idea to work with images 512x512 (1024x1024 is even better) and 16 bit colour and then reduce to 8 bit and 256 colour when your done.  This means you won't have to re-do any skins if/when HTC starts accepting 512x512 textures.

Gatso

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Lines
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2002, 06:04:40 PM »
It worked thanks Gatso!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Lines
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2002, 07:06:33 PM »
sry late to check thread but gatso is correct good luck :)