Author Topic: Vsi  (Read 288 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Vsi
« on: October 10, 2002, 05:18:04 AM »
I need to remove the indicator needle and recalibrate for a maximum of 4k/min, but once that's done...

If you replace the gauges, will they come forth in the new terrain as well?

Offline crowbaby

• Copper Member
Vsi
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 05:26:01 AM »
If you replace the guages, yes they will apperar in a new terrain. However, at the moment, all planes use the same set of guages. If you replace with metric then everyone has to use metric - which will obviously be hell for people used to imperial....

Also, looking at your variometer: while larger bmps may work for some pople, Htc have said that they will not allow them in official terrains as not all graphics cards will support them.

This is something close to my heart as well, i'd love to see support for plane-specific guages.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Vsi
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 07:03:01 AM »
Yes, Voss.

Literally, everything can be changed.

Since the guages use a simple mix of graphic files for depiction, they can be placed in the texsrc folder and be "built in" to the terrain just as any other exterior paint scheme. Consider it as a "interior paint scheme" ;)

By the way... the guages look FANTASTIC!! WTG!!! :eek:

ps) crow.. have you given any thought that images are edited in large scale for more delicate production, and than reduced in size later? ;)

Offline crowbaby

• Copper Member
Vsi
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2002, 07:10:31 AM »
Kweassa, i know, it's just that because larger bmp's will actually work that it's easy to make the mistake of trying to use them in a terrain. I didn't mean to come acroiss as negative: that's a hell of a beautiful gauge!

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Vsi
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2002, 11:54:16 AM »
looks really nice voss. when you have an in game screenshot please post

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Vsi
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2002, 12:36:53 PM »
I will, but I'm going to change *everything* first, and I'm having trouble tearing myself away from flying. :)