Author Topic: CIA Says Iraq Deterred From Conducting Terrorist Attacks  (Read 436 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CIA Says Iraq Deterred From Conducting Terrorist Attacks
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2002, 02:21:35 PM »
If the bubble reputation can be obtained only at the cannon's mouth, I am willing to go there for it, provided the cannon is empty. If it is loaded my immortal and inflexible purpose is to get over the fence and go home. My invariable practice in war has been to bring out of every fight two-thirds more men than when I went in. This seems to me Napoleonic in its grandeur.
- "Mark Twain

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2002, 02:42:58 PM »
"Nash, we're not particularly worried about Iraq striking, its the puppets they supply weapons, money, WMD to that worry us (Al Queda for instance)" - Ripsnort
Oh, you mean like attacking the actual people who are wanting to attack the US.

Sorta like that thing... what was it called? Ah, the war on terrorism. That's so yesterday though...

I guess the policy now is attacking anyone with the potential of supplying WMD to puppet regimes... Gulp

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2002, 03:04:52 PM »
Beats sitting around waiting for yet another 9/11 to occur.:rolleyes:

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2002, 04:04:50 PM »
Have the US sorted out those IRA terrorists arrested for training Columbian guerillas yet?

Britain will just have to go over to the US and get them. And while we're at it, we'll unilaterally snatch a few of the American IRA supporters of yesteryear... afterall we ought to be targetting the people who 'just-might-possibly' supply arms to the IRA in the future. That will get your support, right? Isn't that action in the 'War on Terrorism'?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Mr. Blonde

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2002, 04:09:44 PM »
Hey I got an idea.. lets poke this rattle snake with a stick and see if it strikes

yep and when it does shoot the sumgun and makes some nice boots out of it.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2002, 05:53:16 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Beats sitting around waiting for yet another 9/11 to occur.:rolleyes:

Which means... destroy anyone that might hold a grudge or grievance with the U.S.

Compared with the most terrible events of history, 911 wasn't even a pimple.

The history books are full of countries that thought they could control the world.
sand

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2002, 06:02:09 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

Nah, lets wait til it sneaks up on us when we're sleeping, then bites us (9/11)

If we can see the snake, let's grab a shotgun and blow him to kingdom come.  "He who lets rattlers hang around his camp will get his bellybutton bit."

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2002, 08:12:53 PM »
Have the US sorted out those IRA terrorists arrested for training Columbian guerillas yet?

Britain will just have to go over to the US and get them.

I'd love to see them try this :)

"The RedCoats are coming!"  

LOL
« Last Edit: October 10, 2002, 08:15:50 PM by NUKE »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2002, 08:50:13 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
Hey I got an idea.. lets poke this rattle snake with a stick and see if it strikes

Why not? its going to strike anyway. You think he loves us?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2002, 09:54:46 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding

Britain will just have to go over to the US and get them. And while we're at it, we'll unilaterally snatch a few of the American IRA supporters of yesteryear... afterall we ought to be targetting the people who 'just-might-possibly' supply arms to the IRA in the future. That will get your support, right? Isn't that action in the 'War on Terrorism'?

How about Britain sort out the IRA terrorists?  Your more than welcome to invade the U.S. (ROFL).
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2002, 12:21:08 AM »
I was taking the piss, you pair of dolts. :rolleyes:

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2002, 08:17:05 AM »
Will invading Iraq prevent another 9/11?  Would 9/11 have happened had we invaded Iraq 10 yrs ago?  Should we invade every country we 'suspect' may have something to do with 9/11?  Will the arab world stop terrorizing the west if we invade one of their countries?

We seem to forget all the people we have been pissing off with our airstrikes and cruisemissles for the past 2 decades.
JG11

Vater

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2002, 08:21:44 AM »
Originally posted by Virage
Will invading Iraq prevent another 9/11?  Would 9/11 have happened had we invaded Iraq 10 yrs ago?  Should we invade every country we 'suspect' may have something to do with 9/11?  Will the arab world stop terrorizing the west if we invade one of their countries?

We seem to forget all the people we have been pissing off with our airstrikes and cruisemissles for the past 2 decades.

When Jimmy Carters quick strike force failed in the desert in Iran in 1979, in the eyes of the extremist Islamics, there was a crack in the foundation....when 250+ marines died in Beirut trying to restore peace to the region, and we pulled out our troops, that crack, in the eyes of the extremist Islamics, widened.  When we failed to bring Saddam out of Bagdad in 1991, they pointed to us as weak again. When the WTC was bombed in the early 90's, they said "See, they rutabagas, vulnerable rutabagas".  When we tried to protect food shipments in Somalia, and subsequently pulled out after a thwarted attempt, that gave them more ammunition for showing what cowards we were in their eyes.

They only understand one concept. Fear. In their eyes, you either give fear, receive fear or understand it and leave it alone.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2002, 09:26:46 AM »
"See, they rutabagas, vulnerable rutabagas"

Unfortunately, Rip, they seem to be right. Even if the president tricks the country into assuming a brave posture this one time, it will not change the underlying nature of the people.

miko

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2002, 10:58:56 AM »
I like to think of the U.S. as the grumpy old man on the easy chair trying to watch the game...

"If you make me get up, I'll whip your ass."

Kinda like Afghanistan... Dubya had nearly complete and total support for that campaign.

Our history is pockmarked with a few instances where the U.S. decided to strike first. Not a single occurrence has become something we're proud of.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2002, 11:01:08 AM by Sandman »
sand