Author Topic: TYAA is a SPY...  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2002, 02:07:04 PM »
Rediculous.  Crying that milkruns are somehow taboo but spies are all right is obscene and hipocritical.  Many of you may remember.  It was last night and bish, I think struck a deep base with a swift capture attack (aka a milkrun).  We upped to retaliate and do the same, putting pressure on their rear to maybe draw the pressure away from ours.  That's not a milkrun, it's called tactics.  And if you poo-poo tactics THEN YOU BELONG IN THE F*CKING DUELING ARENA  plain and simple.  I'm not complaining about spies per se, I'm just doing what I can to combat them--which is little to say the least.  So if spying is okay, since when is calling out a spy bad?

And EvilDingo:  there's no other explanation for what happened.  He was a spy or is in some way in cahoots with a spy.  Do I care?  Well, yes, as far as I'm concerned about the success of my country.  But, let it be known, I'm going to spy in the future.  COMING TO YOUR COUNTRY SOON.  Look for me on your countries roster.  Maybe I'll do a ".wingman leviathn" and make sure there's a furball waiting wherever he goes.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2002, 02:55:17 PM »
Originally posted by Fancy
 Maybe I'll do a ".wingman leviathn" and make sure there's a furball waiting wherever he goes.

uhhhhh the best thing you could to do screw up levi, would be to attempt to make the furball he is heading to disappear before he gets there and disappears it himself.

:p
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2002, 02:58:24 PM »
Maybe I'll do a ".wingman leviathn" and make sure there's a furball waiting wherever he goes.

God, I hope so.  That would save me a lot of flying time.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2002, 03:02:36 PM »
poo poo tactics!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2002, 03:03:24 PM »
Spying is bad and so is anyone who does it, and if you don't agree with me...I'm going to be a spy.

uh, ok.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2002, 03:18:52 PM »
Fancy, it really sounds to me like you could do with taking a break.... you are taking the game far too seriously!  Yes, a certain amount of "spying" may go on, just as "milk-running" or "using tactics" may also go on.  Everybody plays this game in whatever way they wish, and if you are getting so worked up about so-called "spying", then you really need to take a step back and look at what you are doing from an outsider's - or potential new player's - point of view.  It's plain silly.

Have you stopped to think that maybe..... just maybe TYAA upped when he did simply because he knew that particular run was popular for sneak attacks?  After all, you say yourself that you did not discuss the attack outside of your own squad comms, so how could he possibly have known what you were up to?  No.... I think he just upped on the off-chance.... no doubt you took the most direct route between the fields and didn't make any effort to go a more devious route?  All he would have to do is take a direct route himself and Bingo!  He can't believe his luck, but you end up shouting "Spy!"  

Then you come on here and start shouting abuse to anyone who dares to question you?  This is a game for goodness sake!  Most people are playing it to have fun with their friends, and they don't need to have you insulting them in this way.  Please calm down and try to enjoy the game like everyone else.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2002, 03:19:25 PM »
Originally posted by SOB

uh, ok.

SOB

Try actually quoting[/b] my post for actual[/b] validity.

I'm not complaining about spies per se, I'm just doing what I can to combat them--which is little to say the least. So if spying is okay, since when is calling out a spy bad?
Do I care? Well, yes, as far as I'm concerned about the success of my country. But, let it be known, I'm going to spy in the future. COMING TO YOUR COUNTRY SOON.

Basically, I called out a spy and said NOTHING[/b] about the propriety of spying (I did whine that if spying was allowed, then we should have a way to combat it), go ahead an QUOTE any one of my posts where I say or imply that spying is somehow wrong...go ahead.  This is basically a if-he-shoots-at-me-I'm-shooting-back issue.  Until now I have not clearly seen the impact of spies.  Well now I have, so there you have it.  To combat spies I'm doing two things:

1.) Caliing known spies out.
2.) Becoming a known spy myslef in a sort of protest.  This, I believe will help magnify the results of spying and their negative impacts on the game, while also combatting many people's laissez faire attitude towards them.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2002, 03:22:31 PM »
Becoming a known spy myslef in a sort of protest.  This, I believe will help magnify the results of spying and their negative impacts on the game, while also combatting many people's laissez faire attitude towards them.

I don't know that it'll combat people's laissez faire attitude about spies, but it'll sure combat people's feelings that you aren't a complete and utter raving lunatic.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2002, 03:33:01 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Have you stopped to think that maybe..... just maybe TYAA upped when he did simply because he knew that particular run was popular for sneak attacks?  After all, you say yourself that you did not discuss the attack outside of your own squad comms, so how could he possibly have known what you were up to?

Well, while your point is valid that I shouldn't get myself too worked up about it.  Think about how seriously spies take the game.  Defeatists to say the least.  And, in my opinion, this sort of obvious spying (check the Mindanao map, A29 to A21, it's a long and uncommon route and his timing was perfect, we were about 1.75 sectors out.  There are several different angles WE could have come from, but he dove to the deck and made a b-line straight for us.  He was more than a sector away form the base when he encounterd us--how can that be called "defense"? He was also in a Typhoon which could probably not have made it to our mainland from that distance.) detracts from the fun that you speak of.  And he could have known in one of many ways.  First of all, as far as I can tell, TYAA is a fairly new and seldom used account, yet he was obviously something of a stick.  Like I said, this person could have numerous accounts or have a worm on the Rook side to relay suspicious dots over a private channel.  Perhaps this TYAA account is used to mask the real identity of the person as it was a sortie of pretty obvious motives.

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2002, 03:36:25 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

I don't know that it'll combat people's laissez faire attitude about spies, but it'll sure combat people's feelings that you aren't a complete and utter raving lunatic.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Thanks for your constructive and helpful comments.  I enjoyed reading every one of your posts and look forward to more in the future.  It's people like you that should work with children as your bright and open approach to life is like the sun on their skins.  Please continue to contribute to the matter at hand!  Thanks

-- Fancy

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2002, 03:40:01 PM »
Thanks for your constructive and helpful comments.

The most constructive and helpful comments you can take away from this thead are those that point out to you the fact that you sound like a ranting tard who takes this game way too seriously.  Lighten up, Fancy.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2002, 03:45:35 PM »
Well......

Fancy as long as you don't rant and rave in the text buffer in CAPS I don't see a problem with it..

But I got my eye on you..

nopoop
Online CAP'S Police

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2002, 03:45:47 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

Lighten up, Fancy.

I'm perfectly willing to lighten up and the only thing that really got me hot was your arrogant trolling of my thread.  I'm willing to say that I'm taking this a bit too seriously if you're willing to say that you superlative skills as an AH pilot (A GAME) doesn't give you an unfettered right to display your arrogance.

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2002, 03:47:12 PM »
Originally posted by poopster
Well......

But I got my eye on you..

Online CAP'S Police

Don't worry, I squelch 1 anyway.  Abd don't worry, I'm not really that interested in spying as it seems hopelessly BORING.  A Rook I will remain.  The act itself still does get me a bit agitated.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
TYAA is a SPY...
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2002, 03:51:38 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy

Then you come on here and start shouting abuse to anyone who dares to question you?  This is a game for goodness sake!  Most people are playing it to have fun with their friends, and they don't need to have you insulting them in this way.  Please calm down and try to enjoy the game like everyone else.

I think insulting someone for spying (once proven) is acceptable.   It's probably the closest thing to acceptable cheating there is, and it does happen with a fair amount of frequency..... and it shouldn't.

I wonder what HTC would do if someone did it out in the open regularly? (ie: chn1, all the time, every day).  I'm thinking about testing the waters,  I fly Bish right now.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann