Author Topic: Hitech, Read this:  (Read 250 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2002, 09:17:54 PM »
(Now, if you didn't know that WWII aircraft had turbochargers, think again...the T on BMW 801T stands for

Gee, I wonder what those spinning things are on the P38, top of the booms aft of the engines, just outboard of the pilot?  And what are them spinning things on the B17 under the nacelle engines, very similar looking to the P38 spinny things, ya know, those things hooked up to wastegates?

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2002, 09:30:06 PM »
Hey, I'm giving a suggestion here for better modelling of WEP.  I'd like some other suggestions, if you don't like it.

I apologize if you take offense to the way I worded the subject; I could have done better.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 09:59:43 PM by DingHao2 »

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2002, 10:15:33 PM »
WEP modeling is not much of a big deal really, especially when considered in the context of all that they have to model in this game.  Do we really want alot of time invested changing WEP modeling to take away from development time?  Is it that important?  Probably not.

WEP on most aircraft consisted of a water mix injected into the the intake to cool the combustion chambers at highest power settings to prevent detonation.  This also caused a slightly higher density of intake air, and both combined allowed more fuel to be burned for more power without the resulting detontation.  Time limiting WEP might be more accurate as the time the water mixture would hold out is probably more realistic.

Thats how I remember HT and the boys doing it in WB.

Once had a guy try and tell us that WEP was water sprayed on the outside of the cylinder to cool it. Pretty funny that one.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2002, 12:42:20 AM »
I cant even read.