Author Topic: Hitech, Read this:  (Read 249 times)

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Hitech, Read this:
« on: October 15, 2002, 02:21:42 PM »
WEP in AH models 2 separate things: boost from closing the waste gate and boost from injecting a second (or third) fluid into the engine.

So, why not separate all these functions? The waste gate would be fully proportionally controlled, like the propeller pitch, and any fluids would be injected by pressing P.

When the waste gate is closed over a certain amount, the temperature begins to creep upward faster as the waste gate is closed more. Once it is opened, the temperature would begin to drop slightly, then more rapidly as it is successively opened.

The aircraft equipped with nitrous oxide, water/methanol, or some other boosting fluid would have a tank of it, like a fuel tank, and when it's gone, it's gone. You would have to land to refill it.

What do you think?

(Now, if you didn't know that WWII aircraft had turbochargers, think again...the T on BMW 801T stands for turbocharged)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 03:22:57 PM »
Gosh, is 'Hitech, Read this:' the best you can do?  Whenever I get email that has the subject 'read this now' or something like that, I'm immediately prejudiced against it.

Perhaps Mr. Hitech doesn't like people telling him what he should read?

More flies w/ honey, my friend.

IMHO
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 03:46:26 PM »
Surely not the best way to get things as u want.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 01:16:37 PM »
The premise you operated with at the start of the thread is incorrect. The wastegate closure is not related to overtemp. For the most part it is transparent to the pilot. In otherwords the stick actuator doesn't have to monitor it, it monitors itself based on manifold pressure, throttle settings and altitude. The two stage supercharger did have a select switch to move from low (1'st stage) to high supercharger (2nd stage) on some aircraft. In others it happened automatically. In the game it is handled fully automatically. The only boost modeled that is player control is the war emergency power (WEP) and that WAS pilot controlled, usually by moving the throttle past a safety wire detent in the quadrant, hencew the extra key stroke.

As a matter of game play it is best left to the game code rather than requiring the player to switch a control from one position to the other. If you need this for "immersion" you'd be better off playing MS flight sim #whatever, where the game is playing with the knobs. IMO
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 01:27:31 PM »
What a bunch of voyeur dweebs. It didn't say "Maverick read this" or "Chairboy, read this". It said "Hitech read this". Y'all should have done like me. It wasn't addressed to me so I didn't read it.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2002, 01:29:32 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

]

i hate it when people start posts with please read this....

they dont get anywhere

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2002, 01:37:59 PM »
Well golly, Arfann, I done suppose he musta meant to send it as an email then.  Seems kinda silly postin' a private message to some fella on a public message board....
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2002, 01:49:40 PM »
heheheehe... did you guys miss the part where he asked HT if he knew WWII aircraft had turbochargers??  

ROFLMAO

:D :D :D

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2002, 02:17:22 PM »
Originally posted by Arfann
What a bunch of voyeur dweebs. It didn't say "Maverick read this" or "Chairboy, read this". It said "Hitech read this". Y'all should have done like me. It wasn't addressed to me so I didn't read it.

You sure? Seems like you did not read it. Stop saying you did not, when you actually did not.

I did not read it either btw.

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2002, 02:58:09 PM »
Originally posted by Fariz

You sure? Seems like you did not read it. Stop saying you did not, when you actually did not.

I did not read it either btw.

Nor did I read this.  

So there.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2002, 03:00:08 PM »
i didn't read anything either, so i gave it a one-star rating.

how can i give it 5 stars if i don't read it?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2002, 03:05:15 PM »
I hate to break to you guys the sad news, but HiTech only listens and implements MY suggestions.

Just enjoy the game.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2002, 03:18:10 PM »
I never read it, and I will never read it again.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2002, 03:26:41 PM »
I didnt read it either..
But I wonder. Does the T in Bf109T stand for Turbo charger?

Offline marauder

• Copper Member
Hitech, Read this:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2002, 03:31:50 PM »
Read what?....

;)
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am SO far behind, I will never die!