Author Topic: How about a Bigweek Reserve / Swap / Walkon group ?  (Read 228 times)

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
How about a Bigweek Reserve / Swap / Walkon group ?
« on: November 10, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
This would be for people who

1. Want JUST a specific plane but all spots are filled. They got into a RESERVE Pool. If a CO or a GL finds they have a spot open up they can draw from that group.

2. Can only walkon but want to be on a list to be considered on or before frame day.

3. Swap list - for people who are registered and in but want a different ride. This way CO's or GL's can swap with other CO's or GL's to satisfy those that want to move.

Any other additions ?
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2001, 03:22:00 PM »
Ok... I might as well be totally open about this. We're working on implementing something like that right now. I told the guys I didn't want to announce it because I feared that people would, instead of biting the bullet for this scenario and filling up the buff slots, would instead decide not to register and take their chances with the reserve list.

And the buff slots would be left unfilled... and we'd all be screwed. Am I right?

But whatever... I've let the cat outta the bag and I sincerely hope it doesn't bite us in the arse. And frankly, at this point I'm starting to think about some ways of allowing walk-ons... maybe, maybe not. I really don't like that system for a number of reasons... but I dunno... a neccessary evil perhaps. Though all the slots have to be spoken for and confirmed before I entertain that idea further. IF that happens - does anyone wanna volunteer to be a sheep herder? Maybe we put together some kinda crew for this. I believe Hangtime owes me a bit of money from some bet made during another event which I haven't claimed (and probably shouldn't claim now but...  :) )... I'd be willing to donate that to help out with the accounts of the sheep herders. I still don't know if we wanna go in that direction... but we could... it aint too late. We'll see I guess...

I'm totally cognizant of the fact that we aint gonna please all the people all the time. But there's definitely room for improvement and hopefully we'll refine this system to the point where it evokes the least amount of squeaking.  :)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nash:
Ok... I might as well be totally open about this.

Great to hear this!  I am really glad that you have listened to suggestions and are taking some kind of action.  Between us, I am sure we will come up with a viable solution to the walk-on problem and continue to make improvements for future scenarios - thanks for listening!   :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline DamnedATC

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2001, 08:01:00 AM »
Nash  

Thanks for listening.  :)  

ATC