Author Topic: whaaaaaaa I want my 262 working again!  (Read 319 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
whaaaaaaa I want my 262 working again!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2002, 09:09:07 AM »
hmm mwhat is the MA peoples attraction to the 262 its only good point is speed everything else about it sucks.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2002, 09:22:56 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
pilots were not routinely pulling 10 G in the 1940's!

if it only occours at 9 / 10 G then id say its a good thing.

seems to me anythingthat stops players pulling rediculous G's is a superb implementation.

Id like to see total loss of input once a pilot is blacked out (totaly),as in the joystick does nothing as the pilot is slumped in the cockpit passed out.

Continuous blackout isnt something to be used to evade it should cause you to become a sitting duck.Your knocked out for gods sake :D

thats my veiw

Fester is not talking about sustained G loading here, he's talking about momentary peak loads that should not injure the aircraft or the pilot. It's a bug, plain and simple.

I've seen myself several times, in the FM-2 and SBD. Grumman stressed the Wildcat to survive sustained loading up to 12.5 G. This has been confirmed by their former Chief Test Pilot. The human body can survive momentary G loadings up to and exceeding 40 G. So why are we getting blown into the tower for relatively low G, short duration, maneuvers? Answer: Bug.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2002, 09:31:42 AM »
Maybe the top of the pilots head explodes?  Or maybe his feet pop and all the blood falls out real fast so you die instantly.

I don't think it has happened to me yet :).

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2002, 09:36:53 AM »
Originally posted by Lazerr
Wish there was a bug responsible for me ripping the fekin wings all the time :D

It is a bug Lazer, the one humming 20mm up ur arse :D

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2002, 09:37:13 AM »
Originally posted by vorticon
hmm mwhat is the MA peoples attraction to the 262 its only good point is speed everything else about it sucks.

The 262 is the best buff hunter in the game, hands down.  Except for those strato buffs, then it's the 152 (though that's marginal because 30k+ the buffs can out manuever any fighter).

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2002, 10:39:45 AM »
I've flown the FM2 a lot, and never died from Gs.  Maybe it only happens when you toggle your engine while hiding in friendly ack.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2002, 12:02:35 PM »
Lol Popeye :)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2002, 01:03:32 PM »
cavemanj

the hurc2lese is quite a bit better as a buff hunter (depending on whos flying the buff) and what buff your attacking. maybe its good for hunting down ar234s (only thing that can keep up really) but for planes like the b17 and b26 the hurc2lese is a lot better...due t obetter pull out rate as the only way you can get a good pilot in em is by bnz from the front...in 262 you will end up either under doing it or smashing into them before they make a large poof.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2002, 01:37:37 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-
pilots were not routinely pulling 10 G in the 1940's!

if it only occours at 9 / 10 G then id say its a good thing.

No one routinely pulls 10G's, however the accelerometers of the day (late 30's-mid40's) were designed to read -4 to +12 G's, and even when the stress warnings were listed at -3 to +8 the pilots often reported momentary G's in excess of the gauges range

No, this is a bug and it's not gamey to pull to the blackout point. In WWII it was a measure of experience versus youth (largely because the variables of gravity induced loss of consciousness, or gloc, were not yet known) as to who would wake up first following a high G pullout.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2002, 06:24:23 PM »
so this is what happened to me.....
 it's not only the above mentioned planes .... i had it happen in the Dora (FW190-d9)
pulled back on stick to blackout and rolled ... POP in tower :(
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2002, 06:40:27 PM »
vorticon,  MA is quite different from H2H, thus different tactics/planes are needed.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2002, 08:35:13 PM »
lost another one.

262 cant do anything now except fly like a pony and run away
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2002, 01:08:36 AM »
I have never lost a 262 to Over G Bug..Or whatever your calling it.

I have lost 262's to rammings though. You know, you sneak up on unsuspecting target and you think youve got perfect solution and you fly your 262 right up your enemies ass. Thats the only problem I've ever had in it, then again I rarely fly it.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2002, 02:49:06 AM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
I have never lost a 262 to Over G Bug..

It happens when you try and move your nose very far, very quickly.  i.e. a momentary 10+G's or so.  Several planes can do it, mostly at high speeds.

Get a p40E to about 410mph or so near sea level, level out, roll 90 degrees, and pull back all the way on the stick quickly.  You only need to hold it for a second or so.  The screen will flash red(pilot dies) and you'll go back to the tower.

It's not a bug, HT has said it's supposed to work that way, but I don't think anyone has ever killed themselves by pulling 10g's for a moment.