Author Topic: I vote to assis the Rooks by...  (Read 606 times)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
I vote to assis the Rooks by...
« on: October 22, 2002, 10:04:51 AM »
Well... I see they seem to be outnumbered and banged quite often. I'm think some vet sqauds should perhaps head overthere.

I'm gonna approach my squad about this. Hopefully some others will do this as well.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 11:17:32 AM »
BUMP.

Any squads out there willing to do this perhaps?

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 11:18:19 AM »
Actually some squads just rotated AWAY from rooks :)  Probably alot of their trouble right now.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 11:31:43 AM »
I rotated JG2 from Knights to Rooks, it broke our squad up.  Nope, won't make that mistake again.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 11:35:51 AM »
Care to elaborate Rip?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 11:38:27 AM »
JV44 had the same kind of problem a while back.  I was sick and tired of fighting on Knights, thought we should move to Rooks or Bish.  We ended up trying both out, but we did almost break up because of it.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 11:51:20 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Care to elaborate Rip?

No. Lets just say its not a good thing.

When Knights were the red-headed stepchild of AH, I whined in a thread about numbers, basically I was told to STFU.

Many squadrons including my newly formed VMF-323 just went on a recruiting drive, eventually the knights built up numbers.  SOunds like Rook squads are alittle too lazy to do that...they want AH Welfare? ;)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 11:52:04 AM »
Nash,

Nothing to do with the "Rooks" themselves. The squad was very large.. some were very attached to being nit, and stayed while the others went to rooks. Hence, the breaking up.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2002, 11:52:56 AM »
I vote to assist the Rooks by beating the snot out of the Bishops.  Its easier than changing countries.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2002, 12:05:58 PM »
Understood Rip and the rest. I for one have no true attachment to "chess" pieces. I do enjoy hanging w/some other indiv's besides my squadies on the Bish side. I have come to know who I can count on for check 6's and saving my bacon. The thought of moving doesnt REALLLY appeal to me BUT it COULD be fun.

xBAT

AKDejaVu

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
LOL AH Welfare.... good one
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2002, 12:13:33 PM »
nah, we don't need no steeenking welfare.

When we run our "special ops" we have decent numbers. I kinda like being the underdog anyway.

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2002, 12:21:58 PM »
My squad came rook and it was tough at the start. We did lose some players, but the fact of giving up just because "it's too tough" dosen't make sense. We're adapting and learning to fly in a new type of environment. I'd like to see more squads doing it, but they'd have to be very strong willed to succeed at it. If your squad isn't strong, you'll find it out in a real hurry.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2002, 12:22:52 PM »
Here's a novel concept:

Fly in the CT or Scenarios.  Country's (Knights, rooks bish) don't mean squat! :)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2002, 12:50:07 PM »
It's not that the rooks don't have the numbers , they do , on the "special ops" nights they have over 200 online, but for some reason they don't log on every night.
From what i understand they only do this once a month, maybe the rooks should have a "ops " night once a week.

44MAG

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2002, 01:07:47 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

No. Lets just say its not a good thing.

When Knights were the red-headed stepchild of AH, I whined in a thread about numbers, basically I was told to STFU.

Many squadrons including my newly formed VMF-323 just went on a recruiting drive, eventually the knights built up numbers.  SOunds like Rook squads are alittle too lazy to do that...they want AH Welfare? ;)

Actually, some squads, like the =Ghosts= are expanding all the time. However, we just had the 81st move over to the Bish after a loud pissing contest with some other squads. Due to that, the Rook numbers dropped by about 30 in the span of 5 minutes, right in the middle of the peak hours.

I understand that emotions tend to run high, especially among the strat players. However, I found the whole thing rather distasteful school yard antics. Seriously, if the majority of the country doesn't want to play your way, simply take your squad to one corner of the map and do your own thing, but when you just pack up and leave, that's not good. Yeah, there was considerable justification for being angry. It's sad for me because I have several friends in the 81st, who I really enjoyed flying and working with. Maybe they need a break from the constant bickering. However, why not talk to Bish squads and see if they can work out a squad swap for a few weeks? Indeed, maybe there's a Bish squad that could use a break too.

I think the problem stems from the fact that too many people feel the need to be in charge. I watched a pissing contest in the country channel about the use of a CV group. Both groups had good points, but neither were willing to reach some middle ground. Not good stuff ladies. Such stubborness will drive more individuals and squads elsewhere. Knock it off please.

As it stands, this sort of internal conflict results in lopsided numbers like last evening, where the total Bish/Knit numbers added up to something over 300, against which we had just 58 Rooks. I am rapidly becoming convinced that the Rooks are their own worst enemy. That needs to change.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.