Author Topic: AH getting boring as hell !  (Read 1293 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2002, 08:43:36 AM »
Lazs said
The whole point is.... A description of one of beetles sorties is very much like a sortie in WB... They are pretty much... watching paint dry. You won't get new blood (any worth having) by designing an arena around what beetle likes.
 I think Lazs is right. I got a 13 kill sortie in a F4U-1C a few days ago. Boring as hell. Especially as at least 5 of those were not vulches. I would rather have captured a field.

A much more satisfying sortie came last week. I was gooning to V6 from A7 (same map as current) but the LA7 reception committee was waiting. (He took the trouble to show up as it was only a five minute flight) I'm as good as dead and I know it. The map is flashing for V6, and Mr. LA7 thinks that's because of me. Well it is. But what Mr. LA7 didn't know was that we also had an M3 ib. I was talking to the M3 driver - yes he had troops, so rather than try to drop mine, I led the LA7 on a merry dance off the shoreline. Hehe, he missed me on the first two passes but wounded me on the third, so I bailed, and Mr. (should I say Master?) LA7 shot my chute. A moment later the M3 made the capture. :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2002, 09:08:00 AM »
beetle said... "I think Lazs is right. I got a 13 kill sortie in a F4U-1C a few days ago. "

glad to give you a chance for a little more selective bragging..  Keep it up...  more sorties like that and you might get into that  2/1 kill death ratio in a few years.   How many kills per hour was that BTW?
lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2002, 09:46:42 AM »
ROFL - Lazs is like a ladies travelling alarm clock - go anywhere, and dead easy to wind up. :p

Lazs - I'm interrupting a Goon resupply sortie to read and answer your post.
more sorties like that and you might get into that 2/1 kill death ratio in a few years.
Yes, currently 52k, 12d in the C-Hog, which by your arithmetic is what - 1.7? :D As I get older and my skills decline, I can see that your prediction will come true. I'll be down to 2/1 in a few years.
How many kills per hour was that BTW?
Hard to say exactly. Took off with 50% + a 150 litre drop tank. I had to lose the DT quite early when some cons showed up. I think 50% in a C-Hog is good for at least 10 mins. Do your own math, if it's that important. Which it probably isn't.

Well, my goon should be nearing A45 now. Toodle-pip. :)

PS - flattered that you didn't request proof
« Last Edit: October 25, 2002, 09:50:53 AM by beet1e »

Offline PrillerJ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2002, 02:19:56 PM »
AH is a round and round game.. I feel I do the same things over and over again... but thats what we pay for!