Author Topic: Airplanes vs Eye Candy  (Read 124 times)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« on: October 22, 2002, 06:37:58 PM »
I rather see HTC concentrated on adding mo planes to the set than eyecandy.  However, I realize the Aohellers and Quakers would get bored.

It is a fine balance that must be struck, but planes should rule over all else :).

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 07:07:53 PM »
Would rather see them fixing old planes before they add new.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 07:28:01 PM »
I am happy with the way they are already doing it:

A lot of new planes plus fixing some old planes as time permits. Seems fair to me. That way people bored with the old flight models get a taste of something new and people are dedicated to one type get to look forward to progress as well.

Seeing as how they redid the Spitfires when the Spit XIV was done, it seems practical to redo old types when variants are being done.

With the P-51 being the focus... is there an A-36/P-51A or P-51H coming soon? May the P-38 crowd will get a double whammy: new P-38s plus a reworked L model.

I am curious to see if the P-61 ever makes it to the planeset. I think, as Mitsu pointed out, there need to be a whole lot more Japanese aircraft done. I would also like to see some of the lesser known but significant aircraft like the French fighters, the biplanes, etc...

So much to do and such a small workforce. But that is good for HTC. It means they can earn a lot more money over a much longer time instead of finishing the game as quickly as possible and moving on the way most box sim developers work. What's good for HTC is good for me since I am generally very happy with their product and the direction it appears to be heading.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 07:33:26 PM »
A lot of new planes plus fixing some old planes as time permits.

"if time permits", this is what I think is bad. It should be "fixing old planes and adding new ones if time permits".

With this rate, 1 porked plane in every new version (109 E roll rate is porked, P38L dive flaps doesn't work etc etc) we'll soon have a whole nice setup of half finnished or porked planes.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 08:42:15 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Would rather see them fixing old planes before they add new.

That is fine too, as long as the eyecandy doesnt supersede the fixing.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 09:17:42 PM »
There's never been an update that's had just eye candy and no planes. There's never been an update that's had just planes and no eye candy. Plus there's never been an update that didn't include updating the strat. And other stuff. :)

Ya usually get the whole ball of wax in each. Sometimes they lean more heavily in one direction, and sometimes they lean more heavily in another. But it's all there. With a new version every 3-4 months, it winds up to be a pretty balanced evolution.

I'm sure HTC appreciates your concern nevertheless Rotorian.

:D

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 10:01:35 PM »
Originally posted by Nash

:D

None.

Err, you didnt see that.

Anyways, I figger a little balance over the "oooh, aaaah, neato flashes" crowd :).

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Airplanes vs Eye Candy
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 10:09:56 PM »
I'd prefer a mix of mostly new planes, and fixes to bugs in current planes.  The redo of a current plane that badly needs it being thrown in is good as long as it doesnt take priority away from fixes and new planes.

Something like
two or three fixed planes, two or three new planes, and one or two redone planes.