Author Topic: For y'all perkers out there.  (Read 464 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
For y'all perkers out there.
« on: July 17, 2000, 11:08:00 PM »
I know most of y'all are pissin and moanin about the aircraft for the perk plane system, so here's an idea. All the planes that are supposed to be perks will not be except for 2, the FW-190D "Dora" and the Spitfire Mk. XIV. Here's some examples.

1.)Each country only gets one of each Spit XIV and Dora. Only the top pilot of that country can fly that plane. If they auger or get shot down, they cannot fly that plane again for the rest of the tour. Instead, the No. 2 pilot gets a chance to fly. And so on. It may take a while, but all the pilots of a country get a chance to fly the plane. If you land it, you can fly it again, but only after 30 min. You'll only get one choice, the Spit or the Dora and you'd be notified when your turn came up. After the last one flies it, it rotates again.

2.)Each country gets 5 of each. The top 5 pilots  in fighter and bomber get's a chance to fly them. If you crash one, your pilot cannot use it again as long as he is in his standing place. You'd need to go down a rank then come back up to fly it again. This gives those pilots that just come up a chance to fly it. And with only 15 of the good planes in the air at a time (if those pilots are on) it keeps the arena from being a one plane arena.

These are some of my views that should keep everyone happy. Since the Spit had a mediocre ammo load, it makes pilots extra careful in wasting it, so they won't have to worry about crashing on landing.                         Cause once you crash...end of story. And RAM, I know how you feel about the Spit XIV. It is WAY too good to not be a perk plane. Does this sound like a good idea?

"I mey be 15, but I ain't stupid!"

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2000, 12:11:00 AM »
Ugh.. your 'idea' would mean that LW would have to fight against allies with *inferior* equipment as their default while yanks has P51D and P47D, from the top of the line!
I don't see *anything* special in 190D.. flies about same speed with P51 and is less maneuverable by far.
Why the hell we should then let P-51D in the game, it is even more lethal than 190D!

or are you americans just worried of 190D busting your stangs and bolts?
Come on! you already got those super antitank weapons that 37mm gives no match and also all those most hyped planes available!

Spitfire XIV, as I've read, can turn like spitfire IX, climb up to 109G10s etc. etc.
and thats *way* off from the performance of 190D.

Excuse me, spitfire has mediocre ammo load?
with the performance of spitfire you can take all the day for snap shots and therefore you have plenty ammunition.

Okey.. theres the first whine for this whine magnet thread.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2000, 12:12:00 AM »
Sigh  

If Dora gets perked, so should be C Hog and P 51D. Got that ?

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2000, 12:14:00 AM »
P.S.

Fishu, this feels like in old beta times  

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2000, 01:06:00 AM »
Be a man. Get an account and fly under your posting name!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2000, 01:29:00 AM »
Fishu,
What handle are you currently using to conduct these tests in the MA?
A quick check of the stats for Fishu in tour 5 and 6 shows no sorties or ordinance expended at all.

Perhaps you are using a new handle on a trial account or something.

DOH..........

Hope HTC does something about those undermodeled F4UC Hispannies!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 07-18-2000).]

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2000, 01:50:00 AM »
I think HTC will have a good system set up for this and you won't see too many problems.I have faith in the guys there and if it turns into a problem they are really good about makeing it right again.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2000, 02:41:00 AM »
Just FYI here. This ain't a whine magnet thread, I didn't intend to start another flamewar. 2nd, I included the Dora cause it was another plane I saw on other perk posts. 3rd, I flew under the name "semperfi" for a while till I canceled for money problems. If yer looking for a flamewar, go somewhere else and quit smashing a simple idea. If you don't like it, post it, but no personal attacks. I've got nothing against any of y'all and I agree that the system will be ok. And when I get another account (eventually) then I'll fly under "texace" or "txace-" or something.

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2000, 05:33:00 AM »
Well I wont say a word more on this subject,apart from a little thing that I'll say later, as my opinion is that from a whiner and ranter whose opinion seems to be pure crap and one that noone shares.

Said that I will say this too...for the last time that I repeat this: PERK SPIT XIV. BUT DONT PERK Fw190D9...at least not if you dont perk P51D and P47D (Both).

If D9 is perked and P51D and P47D arent then I am out from AH. But I trust in HTC and I think that they wont perk Fw190D9.

Of course then SpitXIV is a problem...If it is not perked and IF I SEE AN ARENA FULL of them, then I'll pack my things and bye bye.

This is my last word here unless some "Creamo" answers this post in a "personal" offending way.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 07-18-2000).]

Nath-BDP

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2000, 05:36:00 AM »
Give the Brits a Spit XII, Griffon II instead of Griffon 65, not as potent as the Spit XIV.

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 07-18-2000).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2000, 07:59:00 AM »
Seems to me that common sense tells us that the Dora and the Spit XIV should not be perk planes, as they've worked out relatively well in other sims(Warbirds).

I thought it was obvious that the perk planes were going to be the "what if" planes, like the DO-335, the F8f Bearcat, DO-229, HE-152, etc...

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2000, 08:18:00 AM »
Hehe ok ok I will answer to this one  

Originally posted by banana:
Seems to me that common sense tells us that the Dora and the Spit XIV should not be perk planes, as they've worked out relatively well in other sims(Warbirds).

AFAIK, SpitXIV in Warbirds was seriously undermodelled to "balance" the arena.

Hummm....curious...who insists here that XIV will UNBALANCE the arena?   (Hint hint, his handle has 3 letters, the first is a R the last is a M  )

Nath, that has been my point since a long time ago, give RAF people a plane better than SpitIX, but not a XIV...but everyone here hears my "perk SpitXIV" but not my "bring a better spit for RAF lovers".

As I said in other thread here people only read what they want to read, nothing else. That is why I am stopping my chat here not to talk about SpitXIV anymore until it comes to AH.

(of course that doesnt include 190D9  )

RAM---------------------------->this time I wont talk anymore about the S... about THAT plane  

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2000, 08:20:00 AM »
I don't understand all this hysteria from the Waffles on this Spit XIV.

As it was so elegantly argued by Hristo (and supported so passionately by RAM), the Luftwaffle pilots are the BEST pilots.  So why the gnashing of teeth about a plane that will be flown by inferior Allied Pilots?  

The Dora flown by superior Luftwaffle Pilots against the Spit XIV flown by inferior Allied Pilots is still an uneven match in favor of the Waffles.  (Hell, a Piper Cub and a slingshot would clean up in the MA with a Waffle at the controls)  

Cobra

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2000, 08:35:00 AM »
Wh...?

nah,this is not worth one more second of my time

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2000, 08:52:00 AM »
RAM,
You know you can't resist the temptation......respond, man, respond!!

Cobra