Author Topic: i have a suggestion  (Read 136 times)

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
i have a suggestion
« on: October 27, 2002, 01:41:22 PM »
i think you (HTC) should add a torpedo to the zeros, i know its not the way its supposed to be but i would really like a torpedo on a jap fighter/attack plane so i mean its just a suggestion but anything would make me happy:) ;) :D

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
i have a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 05:30:11 AM »
The Ki-67 can carry a torpedo Matt.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
i have a suggestion
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 06:45:40 AM »
Lets give the p51 sidewinders, I know they never actually carried them, but it'd be soooo cool!!!

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
i have a suggestion
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 07:13:27 AM »
Lancasters with Jet Engines carrying Tactical Nukes!!

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
i have a suggestion
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 07:32:16 AM »
Originally posted by Betown
Lancasters with Jet Engines carrying Tactical Nukes!!

Sounds cool!

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
i have a suggestion
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2002, 07:53:02 AM »
Actualy,
        When they where testing the jet engine designes after frank whittle's engine did it's first flight tests, they put a Jet engine in the back of a Welington bomber. Basicly they removed the rear turret and inserted a jet engine.

My grandfather was on the Bomber Defence Flight after he finished his ops in a Typhoon. He said on his way back from a session one day he saw a wellington bomber flying low along the river humber ( think it was the humber) The aircraft had all it's props feathered and stoped and a big plume of black smoke coming out of the rear... He said he thought... poor bastareds and then it clicked when 5 minuites later the damn thing was still in the air.

My Gramps was one of the lucky ones who saw the British Jet Prototype fly for the first time. So he knew exactly what was going on even if it was a secret technology.

He told me an intresting story about when he first got to fly the meteor...But I will save that for another post.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
i have a suggestion
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2002, 08:03:31 AM »
Originally posted by Betown

My Gramps was one of the lucky ones who saw the British Jet Prototype fly for the first time. So he knew exactly what was going on even if it was a secret technology.

Any photos?

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
i have a suggestion
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2002, 08:45:08 AM »
Not that I know off. He died earlyer on this year so I can't really ask him. I doubt there would have been because cameras where probably banned from the showing :) Considering it was secret and all:D