Author Topic: Pizza Size Best Size  (Read 645 times)

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Pizza Size Best Size
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2002, 01:32:39 AM »
Originally posted by Vulcan

Things that don't work for me:
 - 12k bases are complete BS
This changes the way fighting happens, instead of the "on the deck under 5k" fights that dominate the other map, it brings higher altitude fighters into more importance.[/b]

- map starts of with 6 fronts for each country
And does a wonderfull job of making gangbanging more difficult, especially at the beginning of the map.[/b]

- CVs have no room to move, easily torpedoed because they're stuck 'in a moat', you can't sneak a CV round for a sneak attack
True enough, it'd be nice to see a 512 map based around island hopping and naval combat, rather than somer water just thrown in.[/b]

- spawn points system setup in a way which only the AKs understand (once you start figuring it out then you can start rolling a country easily)
It's not that complicated, actually it's pretty simple, besides a few bugs which let GV's spawn too close[/b]

- You can spend a lot of time doing nothing but grabbing bases with GVs (the M3 runs on V bases are ridiculously easy)
So?  GV raids are usually pretty easy to stop, and a lone M3 headed to a VH is even easier.[/b]

- HQs are easily reached and flattened once you take a corner of someones slice

So dont give up the slice.  HQ's are only easily reached because nobody cares untill the lights go out.  That's not the maps problem.
[/b]

- CVs are ineffective, as they are easily spotted, and there are very little low level bases for them to attack
True they're easy to spot, but they're very effective, and most coastal bases are at sea level.  But again, the map is obviously not built for CV's.[/b]

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Pizza Size Best Size
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2002, 08:07:10 AM »
nifty... for now I only want an area that is for early war planes only.. the nik is not an early war plane.
lazs

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Pizza Size Best Size
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2002, 08:42:44 AM »
Size is great, but…

There are two main problems:

1) The number of front lines.

2) The number of GV spawns.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Pizza Size Best Size
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2002, 09:26:46 AM »
I like the pizza map, but IMO it has one major short coming.  This short coming is that I can not get a overall feel of what is going on.  Getting a tactical and strategic feel for the war is something that I enjoy.  

Perhaps this is one intention of the pizza map?

However; as a feedback item for HTC I think that it would be more enjoyable if they could add a full screen size map displayl.  My thoughts would be to include another button on the clipboard that would toggle the map to full screen and vice versa back to the normal clipboard.

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
If this game is supposed to be realistic,
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2002, 12:28:57 PM »
then we should keep the maps incredibly crouded.  

AH is based on a late war plane set.  Late war air battles ussually involved large numbers of planes.

The 1 on 1s that often occure on the pizza map were very rate in real life.

How about some Historical MA Maps? Like a map of North Africa or, or ... Europe! who would have thought of that?

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Re: If this game is supposed to be realistic,
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2002, 07:23:43 PM »
The problem with making a Historical map is you have a 3 sided war. theres no way to use a Historically accurate slice of land and equally divide it up in 3 parts WITHOUT 1 or more sides complaining how they got the "lovely" end of the stick.

Oh, and nix the "random" sides getting a different slice after the reset, you'll still get the whines.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by AtmkRstr
then we should keep the maps incredibly crouded.  

AH is based on a late war plane set.  Late war air battles ussually involved large numbers of planes.

The 1 on 1s that often occure on the pizza map were very rate in real life.

How about some Historical MA Maps? Like a map of North Africa or, or ... Europe! who would have thought of that?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Pizza Size Best Size
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2002, 07:40:01 PM »
Their is absoluty Nothing Historical about the MA other than the planes in it, even the way the planes interact with them selfs the enviourment, GV's PT's and ships is unhistorical, and in some cases compleatly unrealistic and gameafied, not syaing this all bad, just stating the obvious.

Offline DOODY

• Copper Member
      • http://www.most-wanted.org
Bigger is ALWAYS better! unless u need smaller
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2002, 06:26:12 PM »
The larger maps are not the problem with the pizza.. AKdesert is a little mapX10, so u get too many places to be, and not enough reasons to be there.

It does take 400+ to make larger maps fun do date.. but thats cause the one we have is all boundries and no borders. Lose a zone.. so what.. there's 20 more to choose from.

I'm reluctant to post anything negitave because it sounds like im slamming akdesert,(which i dont like, but it is ground-breaking)

(toot toot)
I'm working on a large map (pangia) that tries to address the vast congestion of akdesert. I placed several island chains that must be captured to effectively invade other zones. this will centralize the night fight over the islands where distances are short and fields are few, while the day fight (400+) will quickly overrun them and move the battle to the mainlands where frontlines  can be held or broken depending on team tactics.
My primary goal was to build a map that could not be 'stolen' but must be won, while allowing low head count times to enjoy some close quarters combat, and even space for the occasional 1 on 1 in the middle of nowhere.

If you'd like a sneak peek, check the map editing section @
most-wanted.org
« Last Edit: November 02, 2002, 06:29:29 PM by DOODY »