Author Topic: help please with Zone woes  (Read 415 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
help please with Zone woes
« on: October 28, 2002, 07:25:18 AM »
Summary of present problem with terrrain history below......

Its a large 3 country terrain with 6 zones

Bishops (1) have Zone 1

Knights (2) have Zones 2, 3, 4 and 6

Rooks (3) have Zone 5

In the TE every thing seems correct

1)Field and facility numbers and properties seem correct and zone lines are correct.

2)Each zone has only one zone master.

3) Checker returns no zone faults.

buld.exit.save enter.build exit save copy res to main terrain folder.

Offline however

Bishops have Zone 1 all works correctly if I destroy the zone master maproom the facilities change to those of the zone master that has been captured.

Knights Zone 2........... the facilities are unaffected by the status of the zone master they stay knight what ever the country status of the zone master. They are unaffected by other Zones

Knights Zone 3........... these facilites default to Rooks! And if the Rook Zone master is captured they change with it!

Knights Zone 4............ works correctly.

Knights Zone 6............ works correctly.

Rooks Zone 5............... works correctly yet has an influence over Zone 2 facilities.

What Have I done to find the problem so far.

1) Checked that no old stations remain on this terrain.

2) Group changed loads of stuff to proper zone master status

3) Deleted all facilities from zones 2,3 & 5 and replaced them.

4) Deleted and replaced all HQ's

What was on this terrain before

At one time this terrain had roads and railways, stations and depots based upon the previous strat model.

a) all stations have been deleted
b) all roads and railways have been over written using the auto method........ some old convoys and trains remain but have been "group changed" to proper attach to a supply route.
c)Original HQ's were those now used for zones 1,2,5
d)Some depots remain (I use this symbol to identify a bridge)

Does any one know how this zone system works so I can pinpoint my search more accurately...........
Ludere Vincere

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 09:24:16 AM »
Hiya's Tilt ,
   I'm not an expert on this by any means but I think this is the way the system works:
Each country needs a "master zone" which includes the country HQ. When the zone master field is captured in this zone, no facilities should change over to the capturing country. It's only in those zones that don't contain the country HQ that the resupply facilities are "capturable".
  I would check to make sure that each country has its HQ assigned to a zone. In your setup that would mean that Bishops and Rooks won't have capturable zones.
  I'm working on a new map right now and I'm putting zone information in it (for the first time) and I've assigned 3 zones for each country -1 zone in each country contains its HQ. It all seems to work (so far) in testing.
  Hope this helps.

Cheers
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 12:47:08 PM »
Originally posted by detch01
Hiya's Tilt ,
   I'm not an expert on this by any means but I think this is the way the system works:

More of an expert than I am it seems.............. your right I should only have one HQ  per country..............

I have deleted the extra ones but the defaults still seem wrong............ however it may mean I have to delete and replace to asign properties properly.............

thx
Ludere Vincere

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 02:47:31 PM »
Zones 1 2 and 3 must be the HQ zones. Zones 4 and above are the capturable ones.  There is also a zone swaper I belive that you can fix this with.

HiTech

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 02:53:07 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Zones 1 2 and 3 must be the HQ zones. Zones 4 and above are the capturable ones.  There is also a zone swaper I belive that you can fix this with.

HiTech

that completes the puzzle thanks Hitech
Ludere Vincere