Author Topic: ATTENTION BEST SKINNERS... Here is your material  (Read 888 times)

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
ATTENTION BEST SKINNERS... Here is your material
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2002, 07:04:08 AM »
Well,
     I have a whole BOX and I mean a BOX FULL of pictures and stuff from right the way through his life and I have not yet finished going through them all. I am finding bits an pieces of stuff and have not yet finished by a long shot... When I find more I will post them

Kindest Regards to all of you! Thank You ever so much.. This means a lot to me

BT

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2002, 07:10:17 AM »
Oh Also as a point of interest, the signed picture if the typhoon is signed by Typhoon & Tempest pilots. We all meet up every year and the Pilots and there familys have a convention. Unfortunatly the numbers have got progressivly fewer over the last few years... I also had the priviage to know the WW2 Pinup "JANE" (will post pictures later) Who used to visit the convention every year with us (her husband was a typhoon pilot) She was the first lady to do Naked Photos that where published in a Paper (Daily Mirror)

Amazingly my mother ended up working for the same newspaper some 50 years later and it was amazing how things come together... Jane, like so many others recently died last year of Cancer which she had been battling for the past 5. Even she was always a very happy woman who would have time to talk to anyone. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

Will post more...

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2002, 02:38:16 PM »
Thanks alot Betown for sharing your stuff.

Man thats alot...

Ill look into skinning that aircraft...
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2002, 02:47:18 PM »
I cant seem to find the Typhoon textures anyone know what there named?
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2002, 03:03:22 PM »
Also an interesting story about that actual aircraft:

The aircraft is a 1a Varient. My grandfather flew this aircraft for a fair while on quite a few combat missions. The aircraft went in for some really heavy maintenance for a week or so and during the meantime he flew his squadron leaders 1b which had the 4 bladed prop like we have in Aces High. He flew this aircraft for coming on a week and when he got his own aircraft back (the one in the picture) it just didn't feel right. (these where his exact words)

He managed to convince his squadron leader that to let him go down and pickup a new 1b from the factory and amazingly he said yes. So off he toddled down to the factory to pick up his 1b and his 1a was given to a young ladd who had just joined the squadron.

A day or so later (can't remember exactly how long) The squadron was on a combat mission and they went down on the target. The aircraft in the picture never came back up....

He also told me that the Squad Identification SF@R was marked as "The unlucky one" for the squadron. The reason being that the last 15 pilots to have it had been killed. He flew SF@R for the rest of his time with 137 Squadron and he never had any trouble. When I asked him about it he said.
"Well I guess it just ran out of bad luck"

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2002, 03:33:45 PM »
Oh boy i spent 30 mins adjusting it just to find out that i had it right in the first place, and I cant get that white stripe down.....

I have to go thru cobra and everything before i can see deatield areas cobra and me will work together :D

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2002, 03:34:47 PM »
and am i right about using the tempest templet cause i cant find the typhoon template?

Skinners??:confused:

Offline JaniKu

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2002, 10:21:42 AM »
Very nice. TY:D

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2002, 09:39:34 PM »
Originally posted by Hawklore
and am i right about using the tempest templet cause i cant find the typhoon template?

Skinners??:confused:

No.

Look in the TE /terrains/ folder.  shpfilter.txt
This file tells the TE what objects NOT to show.  Delete the typhoon line and any others you want to see in the TE.
;)

Viper