Author Topic: LOST UDP ---> tower  (Read 121 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
LOST UDP ---> tower
« on: October 28, 2002, 08:06:12 AM »
Warps are too bad to fight after the LOST UDP thing.  How about just transport me back to the tower, so I can relog?  It would save time, and/or an ALT F4 "death".
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
LOST UDP ---> tower
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 09:05:27 AM »
You can actually fly after the UDP switch? I see the message and within 30 seconds I am looking at my desktop.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
LOST UDP ---> tower
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 09:10:33 AM »
Originally posted by JimBear
You can actually fly after the UDP switch? I see the message and within 30 seconds I am looking at my desktop.

It's the difference between having a bad connection, and being disconnected.

Anyone who finds themselves losing UDP often(Without such things as short computer freezups or alt-tabs causing them) should look into getting a new ISP.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
LOST UDP ---> tower
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 09:25:05 AM »
Apparently, once the UDP is lost, the only way to get it back is to quit AH and restart it.  I wonder if it could be "fixed" without quitting the game.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
LOST UDP ---> tower
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2002, 04:10:34 PM »
Anyone who finds themselves losing UDP often(Without such things as short computer freezups or alt-tabs causing them) should look into getting a new ISP.

It's not a client problem. Until the "new" server switch I never had this problem. Since HTC changed servers ALOT of people have been having these same problems including me. I have an excellent connection, cable modem.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
LOST UDP ---> tower
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2002, 04:59:18 PM »
That would be better for me popeye . I got that message tonight and right away started to land "rightaway" but got discoed before I got down . It was my ISP sadly and couldn't relog till at least 15 min.
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
LOST UDP ---> tower
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2002, 08:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by BNM

It's not a client problem. Until the "new" server switch I never had this problem. Since HTC changed servers ALOT of people have been having these same problems including me. I have an excellent connection, cable modem.

The new switch puts the server well away from the old location.  The problem is between you and the AH server.

Not everyone gets these, which means it's not the AH server itself.

The problem may not be your ISP itself, but a router in between, but when it comes down to it, you can either try and get your isp to fix it, or switch ISPs.