Author Topic: CT Regulars, Who Are You?  (Read 3863 times)

Offline DamPhyno

• Zinc Member
CT Regulars, Who Are You?
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2003, 01:15:05 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
INTP as well... have to start planning a plot to rule ze werld!

If you think you could live with the message traffic...
INTPopen-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
About 100 messages a day from nothing but net...er...nothin' but us wacky INTP's...oh, and 2 cute INFJ's that like to hang around... =)

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2003, 02:16:56 AM »
Originally posted by DamPhyno
...oh, and 2 cute INFJ's that like to hang around... =)

*peeks* Got room for an INFP, ya think? ;) I'm on an INFP list, and we.. for a little bit anyway, had an estj on who just liked to rile our feathers!

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
Wow..
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2003, 10:34:37 AM »
Fits me to an exact T.

You're an INTJ
INTJ
You are a strong individualist who seeks out new angles or novel ways of looking at things...enjoy coming to new understandings...insightful and mentally quick...but this quickness is not always obvious to others since you keep a lot to yourself...you're logical and analytical and ingenious..

You are very determined and trust your vision of the possibilities, regardless of what other people think...you are VERY independent...you are quiet yet firm....You're a damn perfectionist!!

Appear serious and reserved... might be labelled "brains" by others...you probably do/did well in school because you set internal goals for yourself.. being sociable just isn't worth your time and energy...unless there's a purpose for you...you don't like bureaucracy icky because you have to fit into other people's systems and not your own...

You might be frugal unless the money is spent on something you value (like education or a Storm Palace subscription)...you learn best when you can design your own approach...you have a thirst for knowledge..you probably enjoy lectures, libraries, courses and so on...

You are highly independent, and continue on with your plans even in the face of data that might suggest to others that it's no longer feasible... independent individualist....surprised when others don't see your visions the same clear way you do...a job well done doesn't need comment, it speaks for itself...you like decisive and intellectual people...

Man! You're one hell of a relentless organizer! ....tough-minded... once you make your mind up to do something, nothing can stop you.... even your leisure is planned, regualar and disciplined....you tend to avoid fads...you tend to choose partners in your love life who have an outward zest....you keep your affections private, and don't always share 'em with your partner..

You can be intense in your love...generous with gifts if it fits into the ideal the way love should be...when scorned, you retreat into your own world and may share none of your hurt feelings with anyone...you look for the "right" way to end a relationship...

Things to watch for: let go of impractical ideas....don't get so tied up in future thoughts that you ignore the present; you could be surprised... don't ignore the impact of your style on others..not everyone functions the way you do....you might criticize anyone who doesn't match up to how you think they should be...don't become obsessed with unimportant details... demanding...critical...

INTJ: "It's Not Thoroughly Justified"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »
pretty much describes me, not shane.  :D

ISTP: "I See The Problem"

You're a realist who applies expediency and reasoning as you manage and adapt to situations...you are aware of what is going on in the environment and are able to respond quickly to the actual facts, making sure the odds are in your favor...

You're straight-forward, pragmatic, honest people who prefer action to conversation..you have a good understanding of the way things work, and are not pretentious...analytical...yo u tend to make logical and private decisions, stating things the way you see 'em...

don't like to be tied down and don't like working in a structure or schedule...you need to anticipate immediate practical needs in situations and to present a logical straightforward plan for meeting those needs...

Curious and observant... convinced only by hard, reliable facts...veritable storehouses of information...realist able to capitalize well on available resources... quiet and reserved...appear cool and aloof and are inclined toward shyness, except with good friends...

You operate on impulse....you learn best when you can observe first-hand in a one-on-one situation...prefer to learn alone...you thrive on excitement and action...probably like outdoors and sports....good trouble shooter...you lead through action...by setting an example...you'd prefer to managed loosely at work so bossman isn't breathing down your neck.

It's important to pursue your interests.. you will do what it takes to make time or money for your leisure-time pursuits (like pay for a Storm Palace subscription?) ....you like to have the latest and finest equipment for whatever your hobby is...you probably get turned on just reading the Trivial Pursuit cards just to learn the information....

Love? Responsive yet realistic, huh? You seek partners who'll give you your freedom (especially for hobbies and interests) or will at least participate in 'em with you....you're attentive to the little things that your partner will like..you like to surprise them with gifts and stuff... you'd rather show your feelings through actions than express them with words....

When scorned by a love, you don't share it with the world... you're usually not vindictive when the relationship is over...you don't give up easily on the relationship unless you're convinced by the evidence.

Things to be careful about: difficult to share your reactions...look for the shortcut or the easy way...slack off occassionally....develop a step- by-step plan...don't keep important things to yourself...you might take in so much information that you feel overwhelmed by it...you may be hesitant to make decisions....this makes you appear undirected...don't move on to new tasks before your other ones bear fruit...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2003, 03:19:59 PM »
wow

You're an ISTJ
ISTJ
You're systematic, thorough, painstaking, and hardworking...You get the job done and complete it on time...you are serious and sincere in whatever you do..you work well within a structure...follow the hierarchy...and are particularly strong and careful in keeping track of facts and details...

Cautious...generally seeking to maintain the status quo...you are at your best getting things to the right place at the right time....

Serious, responsible and sensible stalwarts of society...trustworthy and honor your commitments...your word is your solemn vow. Practical and realisitic, you have great powers of concentration....hard to distract once you have embarked what you believe is the best course of action.... ..

You like to apply past experience to present decisions...you can cite accurate evidence to support your views...you're down to earth and seek to do the right thing at the appropriate time...you find it hard to understand people who start an education but don't finish it...

You are diligent and persevering in your efforts...whether it be school, or work, or love...A half-finished job is not a job well done...you probably believe in "Say what you mean and mean what you say." Private by nature, you appear calm in moments of crisis...

You believe in work before pleasure...(gee, like posting before playing the online games on Storm Palace?)..while you don't SEEK leadership positions, you might find yourself in one...you build a reputation for reliable, stable and consistent performance...

You like to schedule....even your LEISURE time! It helps to you if it has a purpose, even if that purpose is sociability...to you, love means bigtime commitment, steadiness and consistency...you behave appropriately for what the situation demands (for example, romantic in the beginning, and so on)..

When you give your word and are ready to settle down, you follow-through... you expect your partners to act in a similar manner...you may stay in a poor relationship because of a sense of duty...you might have strong but unspoken reactions under that cool facade...

Logical and analytical...quick to point out flaws in other people...when you feel scorned in a relationship, you may not let your partner know it..when it's obvious that the relationship is really over, ending it is just the practical thing to do...

Things to look out for: you could immerse yourself in details...you could become rigid in your ways and be thought of as inflexible... don't forget to compliment people and be so concerned with getting the job done....you might overlook the long-range implications of your actions today...don't get stuck in a rut...recognize your emotions, and the values they represent... others might see you as insensitive...

Also, you're skeptical of new ideas you don't see immediate and practical applications for...you may impose judgments on others...expect others to be the way YOU'd be...become more tolerant of difference between people.

ISTJ: "I Save Things Judiciouslyl"

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2003, 03:49:38 PM »
Shane, have you ever posted personal info like your age, job, marital status, education, etc?

eskimo

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2003, 04:00:09 PM »
no.

:cool:
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2003, 04:01:16 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
people who prefer action to conversation..... quiet and reserved...appear cool and aloof and are inclined toward shyness, except with good friends...

Now this brought a chuckle. :D

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2003, 04:12:08 PM »
I'm prolly actually one of the most iNFP people you'll ever meet. I took the test over at http://www.advisorteam.com and happened in at a time when they were introducing a new test, and they did a special offer.. take the new test and give 'em some feedback and they'd unlock one of your others for you- so I got the whole report free. T'was kinda cool. :)

But, on their scales- I had the following results:

I:  7  to E: 3
N: 9  to S: 1
F:  8  to T: 2
P:  8  to J: 2

Anyone else think its kind of interesting to see the types that seem to be here? A lot of times, when sampling a group of people.. you'll get really seemily sporadic and random results. So far, we're all pretty similar. /I/ find that interesting, anyway. ;)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2003, 05:22:08 PM »
You're a realist who applies expediency and reasoning as you manage and adapt to situations...you are aware of what is going on in the environment and are able to respond quickly to the actual facts, making sure the odds are in your favor...

You're straight-forward, pragmatic, honest people who prefer action to conversation..you have a good understanding of the way things work, and are not pretentious...analytical...yo u tend to make logical and private decisions, stating things the way you see 'em...

don't like to be tied down and don't like working in a structure or schedule...you need to anticipate immediate practical needs in situations and to present a logical straightforward plan for meeting those needs...

Curious and observant... convinced only by hard, reliable facts...veritable storehouses of information...realist able to capitalize well on available resources... quiet and reserved...appear cool and aloof and are inclined toward shyness, except with good friends...

You operate on impulse....you learn best when you can observe first-hand in a one-on-one situation...prefer to learn alone...you thrive on excitement and action...probably like outdoors and sports....good trouble shooter...you lead through action...by setting an example...you'd prefer to managed loosely at work so bossman isn't breathing down your neck.

It's important to pursue your interests.. you will do what it takes to make time or money for your leisure-time pursuits (like pay for a Storm Palace subscription?) ....you like to have the latest and finest equipment for whatever your hobby is...you probably get turned on just reading the Trivial Pursuit cards just to learn the information....

Love? Responsive yet realistic, huh? You seek partners who'll give you your freedom (especially for hobbies and interests) or will at least participate in 'em with you....you're attentive to the little things that your partner will like..you like to surprise them with gifts and stuff... you'd rather show your feelings through actions than express them with words....

When scorned by a love, you don't share it with the world... you're usually not vindictive when the relationship is over...you don't give up easily on the relationship unless you're convinced by the evidence.

Things to be careful about: difficult to share your reactions...look for the shortcut or the easy way...slack off occassionally....develop a step- by-step plan...don't keep important things to yourself...you might take in so much information that you feel overwhelmed by it...you may be hesitant to make decisions....this makes you appear undirected...don't move on to new tasks before your other ones bear fruit...

ISTP: "I See The Problem"

Hey look, Im an ISTP, well thats just like.......... well son of a squeak

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2003, 06:02:35 PM »
Arlo's an ENFP

What's there to say about Arlo? He's an initiator of change and is keenly in tune to possibilities... he's enthusiastic, and it's contagious...he's tireless in the pursuit of newfound interests... He can anticipate the needs of others, and offer them needed help and appreciation. He brings zest, livelihood, and fun to all aspects of life...

Arlo's agreeable, sociable, outgoing and likes to imagine himself in the future (or, in some cases .... in the past ;)).  He likes to keep his options open...he's imaginative...curious...he prefers to understand than judge..

Arlo sees endless possibilities. He hates to be boxed into anything -- like a career -- for life...so he hesitates and resists making decisions...always looking for new and novel...

Arlo likes a learning environment where the teacher takes a personal interest in him. His motto might be: "There's always a better way or a better answer.."... when he's committed to something, he's enthusiastic to the point of preaching to the whole world about it.  

Arlo's style of organization is... well, personalized. Others don't really see it as organized, though, do they? HE knows what's where, and there's a "method to his madness," huh?

Arlo has a hard time separating work from leisure, since he has fun while he works. You're always on the lookout for new things... you like learning with others, so you'll invite 'em to join you at films, plays and classes.

When Arlo falls in love, he studies the other person in every way. The one he fell in love with is/was "the best ever" a lot, huh? Sheesh. But others feel unconditionally loved by him. He falls head over heels and get in love FAST. Arlo's charming...full of vitality...you treat others with sympathy, gentleness, and warmth...

Last part: Arlo, has to watch out over losing his focus 'cause he'll wanna try too many ideas at the same time. He doesn't prioritize, so it's easy to overload. Also, because Arlo's just a fun-loving animal, he might not complete important work and basic responsibilities...

ENFP: "Every day, New Fantastic Possibilities"

Testz r phun! :p
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 06:06:31 PM by Arlo »

Offline DamPhyno

• Zinc Member
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2003, 10:05:20 PM »
Originally posted by kesolei
*peeks* Got room for an INFP, ya think? ;) I'm on an INFP list, and we.. for a little bit anyway, had an estj on who just liked to rile our feathers!

Absolutely...

In fact, one of the things I wanted to do was get some other types to come hang around for a while...people that would share their (types) viewpoint on the things we talk about (keeping in mind that it's an INTP group, and we kind of act like Mr. Spock...*grin*), and glean information on what it's like to be stuck in your body being an INTP...

I think I have something of a handle on what it's like to be an INFJ (my sweetie is one, there are 2 on the INTP list, and I know one other). I'd like to learn more about INFP, too...especially since my other project is a Jungian Psychology-based Dating and Relationships site... The more I know about different types, the better! =)

C'mon over, Kes! You're the Next Contestant On The Type Is Right!

;)

Phydo

Offline DamPhyno

• Zinc Member
Shane's a Shill? :)
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2003, 01:49:15 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
pretty much describes me, not shane.  :D

(Guys, if I really read that right...the whole "Shane Is An A...ole" thing is just an act... *grin* I knew it...)

So...Shane...how do you score if you re-take the test while wearing the Shane-Suit...

:D

Phydo

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2003, 03:27:35 AM »
;)

ENTP: "Each New Thought Propels"

Ok. Ready? You like to chase the novel and complex. You have faith in your ability to overcome any challenges you face...highly independent...value adaptability and innovation...you encourage and value change...

You need freedom for action...you resist hierarchy and structure...you push against all odds to further your projects with your entrepreneurial tendencies...you can argue and find the flaws in any position...

How'm I doing so far? You rarely accept things just as they are...you like to test new meanings and relationships..when you don't get what you want, you use your cleverness and ingenuity to bring people around to your point of view...when you choose a career, you tend to set flexible goals that allow you to incorporate new information and accommodate to new circumstances...

"Keep your options open" is your middle name... you like to explore the "road not taken." Your flexibility can look like indecision to others who don't have a clue about you..you take advantage of opportunities...you realize potential of many things because of your ability to see connections and relationships between SEEMINGLY unrelated things...you cannot be ordered around, but rather handle things best when they are *suggestions*....like posting more on the Storm Palace BBS you love excitement...

Competence is key to you.. you don't take advice or respect someone you don't see as competent...you want work to be enjoyable..you're a relentless learner. Knowledge is important to you...you use your enthusiasm to get others involved in your learning...you learn through give-and-take discussions and by questioning and challenging others....you like challenging your teachers and colleagues...limitations are mere challenges to you...you take initiative, and once the ball is rolling, you like to turn it over to someone else...

You like to organize logically and strategically....your work space might not LOOK organized, but underneath it all is a system that works for you. You like to have an impact...you need a job that allows you to be innovative. you like to take risks and explore...an open calendar for the weekend is really appealing...you're often "in on the latest things..."...you like travel, 'cause it allows you to open up new vistas and horizons (corny, huh?).

Falling in love happens when there's a good "fit" with another person...you often know after the first meeting whether there's any "real potential"... you may not like to commit until that right person comes along...therefore you probably won't settle down early...you don't like to lose at ANYthing you undertake...you're a born enterpriser...

Things to be on guard for: you have a great fear of looking dumb or incomp- etent..you may tend to think you have the perfect solutions for problems, and may become competitive when others challenge you... you might start to think that you're the only one who's in on the truth of things, so you might not like to listen to the input of others...you may have the tendency to overextend yourself as you jump in on lots of ideas without considering how long it takes to work 'em through... commit to too many projects? ...you are a rebel.. you find it difficult to accept standard operating procedures.. and hate HAVING to follow exact rules or policies...learn to work within the system.

Offline dtis29

• Copper Member
Who am I ???
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2003, 02:35:31 PM »
call sign:   dtis29

name:  Dennis Topcik

age:  55  but will always be 29, that's the reason for the call sign,                Dennis Topcik is 29   :D

where I live:  Beaufort SC

38 years as an Auto Technician
and several years at night as a karaoke DJ

Lived In Waukegan IL for 30 yrs.  and Mountain City TN. for 5
here in Beaufort since 1983.  

I raced stock cars for about 12 years and won two track championships there in Waukegan.  also did some racing here in SC

been flying on AH about a year and a half now.

I like traveling on my motorcycle and also hunting, bow and rifle.