Author Topic: CT Regulars, Who Are You?  (Read 3769 times)

storch

CT Regulars, Who Are You?
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2004, 08:53:32 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Hi! I'm Bear76 and I'm an alchoholic...chit wrong forum.:(

:rofl

Offline Stat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2004, 03:59:14 PM »
Your Aces High call sign? It's significance?
My call sign is "Stat".  This is a truncated term use commonly today in the practice of medicine.  It is derived from the Latin word “Statim” which means “Right away” or “Do it now!”  In the context of the everyday practice of medicine, it is use exclusively in life threatening situations when either a life saving measure or critical information is required immediately.  “If this doesn’t happen now, the patient is going to be harmed or die.”  I felt it quite appropriate for this particular game which we all find so addicting and challenging.  Many of our actions are performed quickly and without delay or we end up damaged or dead.

Your Aces High squad?
Currently, JG54 Grunherz in the CT.  Hell Angels in the MA.

Your name?
Joseph T. Alvarez.  Call me Joe

Your age?
One half of a century.  I was quite relieved to see some old farts in here over 40 like TwoDogs5 and Oldman.  I know for a fact Storch is pushing 50, if he is not there already!  (I’m not sure he has admitted it yet in this post).

Your Email?
joetalvarez@yahoo.com

Where do you live?
Bellaire, Texas which is a small city with the confines of Houston.  We decided not to get swallowed up by the City of Houston.  We kept our own Mayor, Police Force and Fire Department!

Where else have you lived?
Starting as child: Puerto Rico, Cuba, Florida, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York (City), and finally, The Great State of TEXAS.

What do you do for a living?
I am a physician (anesthesiologist) specializing in the practice of Pain Medicine.

What is your marital/family status?
Good grief, what else?  A middle aged divorced doctor!  I have two wonderful children who make me proud.  My daughter just graduated from The University of Texas this past May.  Woo Woo! Hook ‘em Horns!!!  My 19 year old son is diligently trying to extract his head from his posterior but to his credit attends a local community college in Houston.  My ex lives a comfortable distance from me in Sugarland, Texas.

What schools have you attended?  
Antilles High School, San Juan, Puerto Rico.  B.A., Saint John’s University, Collegeville, Minnesota.  M.D., Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.  Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.  Anesthesiology/Pain Medicine, Baylor Medical School, Houston, Texas.

What degrees do you have?
Bachelor of Arts, Doctor of Medicine.

What are your hobbies?
Quasi-Computer Geek (build my own boxes, constantly upgrading, sigh…).  Road and mountain bicycling.  Most recently completed the MS 150 from Houston to Austin, 182 miles in 2 days.  Last month went on a 7 day mountain bike trip with 4 other guys in Colorado.  I ended up breaking 2 ribs after a crash on the third day…end of trip.  I’ll never do that watermelon again.  Weight training is another passion.  Women, particularly Blond Anglos and Latinas, are more of a pitfall than a hobby but they certainly are of interested to me.

What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim?
Boy, too numerous to remember!  But I will always remember my first experience….sniff, sniff…”Chuck Yeager’s Air Combat”.  Shortly thereafter it was “Out of the Sun” followed by a bunch more, F-18 Hornet, EAW, Saber Ace, etc., etc.  My on-line call sign has always been Stat.  First on-line sim was Air Warrior followed by the initial beta and subsequent versions of Warbirds.  After Warbirds self destructed into more Warbirds, WW2 On-line and Aces High, I gravitated to AH because it was obviously better.  Over the past year and a half I have enjoyed IL-2, IL-2 FB and the new Ace Expansion Pack.  Personally, I feel the IL-2 series is by far the best all around WW2 air combat simulator.  Its glaring weakness is the on-line play.  With respect to AH on line, CT is by far the most enjoyable.  MA is just one big furball.

Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII?
My father was a U.S. Navy veteran of both WW2 and Korea.  He served for over 20 years.  My only connection to aviation is I gave up a spot to go to Navy flight school and become a RIO (Radio Intercept Officer) flying F-14 Tomcats in 1978.  I did this in order to accept a place in med school.  To this day I wonder if I made the right decision.

Other interesting things about yourself.
Jeeeezusss,  haven’t I prattled on enough?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 04:04:24 PM by Stat »

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2004, 09:35:38 PM »
Call sign and its significance,
Currently LwDwn(low down) used too be Gary26, but thought it was stupid and i am not 26 anymore.

My Name?
Gary Hoffstead II

My age 26 but, feel like i am 60

Hoffstead@insightbb.com

I live in Stillman Valley, IL about 80 miles due west of the Windy City

I drive a semi for a living. Nothing very long usually 5-6 hours from the housse at all times.

I am engaged right now(kicking and screaming) and have a 4 year old daughter named Morgan.

I am a high school graduate and a proud owner of a Degree from
DSoWA (Dads School of Whoop Ass)
I am certified in the following, Illinois Fire2, advanced rescue and extracation, swift water and cold water rescue, Illinois Haz-Mat response team, and i am an EMT-I ( one step under a paramedic)
Currently i am a member of the Winnebago county dive team.

I was born in Dekalb, IL , raised in Kirkland IL, and migrated too Stillman to plant roots of my own.

I have attended Kirland public schools and Rock River Region EMS
plus numerous classes held by Rockord fire department and the State of Illinois.

My hobbies are Motocross, combat sims, anything fire related.

My Grandpa was a SGT. in the Army during WWII. He was in the motor pool and was a truck driver/mechanic/aircraft support crew
He served in North Africa and Italy

Other things, today 7/24/04 i got too fly an old Texan with the Warbird Adventure crew. Very, Very cool
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2004, 09:37:20 PM »
DEAR GOD I said i wasn't 26 anymore and then said that is how old i was. See told ya i feel 60.
I am 28 bow:rofl
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2004, 09:52:27 PM »

Hehe, sorry :D

:rofl
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2004, 10:01:13 PM »
so thats what u look like deej haha :lol

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2004, 11:46:25 PM »
I am certified in the following, Illinois Fire2, advanced rescue and extracation, swift water and cold water rescue, Illinois Haz-Mat response team, and i am an EMT-I ( one step under a paramedic)

:aok

(its "paragod" btw:D )

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2004, 01:33:05 AM »
Only i am not a paragod, but drop the para.:D
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2004, 08:59:17 AM »
Originally posted by Squirrel
I thought I had done this one but apparently not

Your Aces High call sign? It's significance?   Sqrl - old AW handle short for squirrel.. was inspired by the old AW-DOS flying squirrels squadron and I figured most folks like to shoot the little buggers as much as I do.
Your Aces High squad?  none.. but I fill in for the Nightmares in squad-ops.. what a great bunch!
Your name? Keith Dobson
Your age? 40
Your Email? p38@mindspring.com
Where do you live? in the hills 40 miles North of Atlanta  
Where else have you lived? West of Atlanta where Keyapapa lives :)
What do you do for a living? engineer
What is your marital/family status? married 19 yrs, 3 kids
What schools have you attended? Southern tech
What degrees do you have? BSCS
What are your hobbies? beyond running the kids to sports functions: building and attempting to play mandolins along with hacking on the fiddle; kayaking; fishing; shooting; art; history; making terrain textures; and flying AH a little here and there.
What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim? Offline: almost every one since MSFS1... jet, falcon, bh/bob/swotl, aotp, aoe, paw1942.. err I could go on..
Online:  AW-DOS h2h, Fighter-Duel (dos over kali) "Squirrel",  AW2/AW3 "Sqrl",  then finally AH
Granddad was a flight engineer on a b-24 in the Med and Great Uncle flew p-40s somewhere in ww2 (but he died when I was very young :( ).
Contributed to the AW-Scenario Aircraft Converter (SAC) project doing sky, sea, and land textures. I currently function in a similar supporting role for the CM Terrain Team.

here's an avatar for ya Sqrl

we raise the orphan ones part time for the wildlife org around here:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 09:03:20 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Squirrel

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mindspring.com/~p38
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2004, 10:31:37 AM »
Thanks Eagler  is this any better? :)
Sqrl

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2004, 03:46:04 PM »

Rafe35, Just a nickname from friend of mine and no, i am not from that dumb pearl habor movie :D

Your Aces High squad?

Will you care if I name them all?

VF-17 Jolly Rogers (CURRENT TODAY)
VF-84 Wolf Gangs (CO for 3 month)
VBF-85 (CO for 1 month)
327th Talon Squadron
III/Jabostaffle
~Hells Angels~ (CURRENT TODAY)
55th Fighter Group (CO for 2 month)
VMF-214 Black Sheep (CO for 2 weeks)
VMF-312 Checkerboaders (CO for 4 month at H2H)
VMF-351 (CO for 1 month in MA)
~+~Gruppe Outlaws~+~

Your name?

Austin

Your age?

19 year old  

Your Email?

austinrulz20@hotmail.com
aaust35van@aol.com

Where do you live?

Heber Springs, Arkansas

Been Drasco, Arkansas for 14-15 years then move to Heber Springs in 1999.

Well, I don't do much around in Life, but trying to find a good job soon while I'm in College.

You really got to know this?  Blah.  I am not married yet, but looking for one LOL

West Side School
Heber Springs Middle/High School
ASU-Heber Springs Community College (Current now)

What are your hobbies?
Computer greek, Hunting, and studying about F4U Corsair :D

What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim?
AirWarrior - Rafe35
IL-2 Gold Pack - Rafe35
WW2OL - Rafe35
MCFS3 - Rafe35

Yes, My Uncle was gunnery/aircraft mechanics for USAF in late 1940s thru 1970s and he told me alot good stories that he was in Korean/Vietnam War.

Well, I could tell you that I am hearing impaired and was born with it, but wearing one digital hearing aid and one Cochlear Implants.  I have won tons of award, included Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf, Inc. and been playing sports during my school years for like 10 or 11 years.

That all? :D
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2004, 02:56:01 AM »
SA2....and its a loooooong story.  Suffice it to say my main CPID was `SA in Air Warrior and while I have had other IDs here in AH even, I chose this one to "get back to my roots".  

Your Aces High squad?
Was originally recruited by Fedex for the Pony Express, but we only got 2 or 3 guys together, and then things kinda fell apart with both of us having to take time off.  

Your name?
Robert Hogue

Your age?

Your Email?
exileshiden@aol.com

Where do you live?
Near Honolulu Hawaii

Born in Murray Kentucky, lived in Mayfield Kentucky, grew up mostly in Woodlawn Illinois and Mt Vernon Illinois.  After that lived in damn near every small town in the lower 25% of the state.  Moved to St. Louis MO, then St Charles MO, O'Fallon MO, and Wentzville MO before moving to Honolulu HI.

Air Warrior - Started my online life in AW as StuJr (I was reading Stuka Pilot at the time, and flew Stukas alot....had a blast shooting down spits lol).  Bounced around in a few squads, fighter squadron of Memphis Belles, and then later some of us put together the II/JG54 (Dago, Ribie, BJB and couple others).  It was great while it lasted, great guys to fly with.  Time differences made it hard to fly toether though, and the squad kinda drifted.  Then a really good buddy of mine called `CR recruited me into the Eagle Squadron.  They flew FR Pac mostly and I was totally in awe of most of them (almost all Trainers and GAs).  At this time I changed my ID to `SA (because several of the guys had really cool names with two letter IDs and I wanted desperately to fit in with them).  I chose SA because I had been reading bios of several of the Luftwaffe pilots and was really taken by Marseilles (the Star of Africa).  One of the trainers (and squadmates), called Drano, who happened to be one of the finest 109 pilots Ive ever met was kind enough (and patient enough) to teach me how to make use of the plane's advantages.  I'm pretty sure he's still flying here on AH (probably hiding behind TC's skirts :D ).  Later on the Eagles got absorbed by the Damned, and I flew with them for a couple weeks before I decided to strike out on my own again.  Towards the end of AW we had to get new accounts with the EA tag on em, and I changed my ID to Shiden (after the name for the N1K1).  I kept Shiden afterward, and my email addy today is a holdover from my protest against EA (exileshiden).  I tried Shiden when I came here, but when I had to quit for awhile with the advent of AHII, I decided that it was time to leave Shiden and the bad feelings from EA behind, and resurrect SA once more, since it was in that incarnation I was my best and my experiences were the best.  At the end of AW I flew Axis vs Allies mostly, so CT seemed a perfect choice, for that reason and many more.

My grandpa fought in the Phillipines with the 32nd Infantry.  He also was in Japan for the occupation.His brother in law (my great uncle) fought in europe and was at the Battle of the Bulge.  WWII airplanes have always been a passion of mine.  A few years ago I was lucky enough to see an ad in the paper for this company that tours the US giving rides in vintage WWII fighters.  They mostly have T6 Texans (I got to ride in one of them, what a blast!!) but they also had 3 actual A6M zeros!!!  They only had one with them, but the guy let me sit in the cockpit.  Man what a feeling.  I got to see various planes when they had the airshows at Scott AFB outside St Louis.  The only thing that matched the Texan flight for me was last year (my first b-day here on the island), my better half decided I had been good and gave me a flight in a Stearman biplane for my present.  This year its getting repeated.  :)  He took me on the route the Japanese flew when they attacked Pearl Harbor and showed me all the landmarks.  Way too cool.  I also fly ultralights and want to get my pilot's license.

Offline KootDawg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2004, 05:26:17 AM »
Your Aces High call sign?
KootDawg, It's significance? Krazy Kooter was a nick name I got in Highschool. So a modified version of it.

Your Aces High squad?  
VMF-312th

Your name?
Wayne Mustian   

Your age?

Your Email?
kootdawg@comcast.net

Where do you live?  
Richmond, VA

Columbus, OH  
San Diego, CA
New Ablany, IN
Pascal, NC

I work for a utility Company in telecommunications as a supervisor for all of Virginia. Basically we fix your phones… and also do networking

Married 9 years in Dec and no kids

Fiber School, Military school, Basic training (Navy), college (VCU), ROTC Army, ROTC AirForce, Flight School, BUDS (Navy), too many to list….

What degrees do you have?
LIFE
An Eagle Scout..
Oh Information Systems at VCU need like 5 more classes for a Bachors

What are your hobbies?
SCUBA Diving, play Bass in a rock band, restoring my 71 Buick Riviera, Aces High, work..

Was on one online for like 3 months 3-4 years ago. Kooter was call sign.

my father inlaws cousin was the Bombadier on the Enoyla Gay.
Both my grandfathers were in the PTO and one was one of MacArthurs personal Body Guards.
Yes, I was in the Civil Air Patrol as a kid (ROTC Airforce) and almost finished my Pilots liscense. But while in I got to fly a fair amount of different planes. Best one was in the summer of ’89 at Summer Basic held at Langley AFB I was one of 5 that got over 1 hour of Flight time in an F-15… Now that was AWSOME…. Let me tell you… I still have wet dreams from that day when I sleep now.. BUDS was nothing to the ride in the f-15..

Hmmmmmmmmmm None right now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 05:32:06 AM by KootDawg »

Offline Heiliger

• Copper Member
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2004, 02:35:02 AM »
I try to be a CT regular, but I can usually only log in at odd hours when no one is flying in there, so it is off to the MA.  :(   Also, having recently picked up Rome: Total War doesn't help either.  :D

Your Aces High call sign?  Heiliger
It's significance?  Means "Saint"
Your age?  29
Where do you live?  Dallas, TX
Where else have you lived?  Gurnee, IL
What do you do for a living?  Computer Operations (That's fancy talk for "playing on the internet all night" :aok)
What is your marital/family status?  Married, 2 kids.
What are your hobbies?  Martial Arts (Tae Kwon Do, Shotokan Karate, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Submission Grappling, NHB...  22 years total), reading about military and religous history, studying theology, guns, oh and beer, lots of beer...
What other flight sims have you been involved in?  Air Warrior III on Gamestorm
Your call sign and squad in that sim?  Red13
My old squad was:  Böse Geschwader 26, they fly in WW2 Online now
Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII?  Connection?  No, but I did get to chat and have a couple beers with Roger Ames, who flew on the Yamamoto mission: Pictured here on far left
Other interesting things about yourself.  Not much to say.  I did almost get to fight in Arizona's in "Rage in the Cage".  Other then that, I am pretty boring.  ;)