Author Topic: Why does HTC keep wasting time and effort on planes like the Val?  (Read 186 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
1. Superfly's and Natedog's time and effort to create planes like the D3a, SBD and B5N..... $14,200.

2. The cost of time spent reading various whines on the BBS complaning about the creation of planes that can't survive in the MA.....$1,050

3. The satisfaction of knowing that you have fulfilled the dreams of over 350 of your customers who have always wanted to re-create the Battle of Midway....Priceless!

Nuff said. Those of you who wonder why we have so many MA "Hanger Queens" need to start participating in special events and the CT.

Thank you HTC for "wasting your time". Please continue to do so in the future. :)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Why does HTC keep wasting time and effort on planes like the Val?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2002, 11:10:36 AM »
I dunno mebbe HT is getting a  bit Hypoxic from leaving SL air density :D

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2002, 11:15:53 AM »
Right on banana.

Though, the d3a deserves more credit than they get in the MA.  Hell just the val can out-turn ANYTHING in the arena, without any trouble.  Even the a6m2 can't keep up in a turn.

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 11:47:47 AM »
hey i happen to like some of those planes to me its not really performance its what I like to fly i dont care if no1 else likes it i do and i respect the fact that they put alot of time and effort inthe game so people will like it, if they just put what the majority flys there would only be la7s and spits and that would suck, so good work, i actually like flying those jap planes like the val and im sure ill like the kate i really like that plane...thanks HTC:D

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 11:49:22 AM »
and personly most of those jap planes like the val, would rpobably be used in H2H more than ever because theres not 300 people after the easy targets its a real fight in there, and the kate i bet will be most used in H2H than the MA:rolleyes:

Offline TheCage

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2002, 11:56:12 AM »
I for one commend HTC on their work.   The F4F was IMO one of the best planes they added to the plane set.   I use to fly the P-51B's and D's until they brought that flying beer bottle into the game.   Now I am having fun shooting down P-51's, Spitfires, 190's, and best of all La-7's.   Thanks HTC for the fine work on the F4F and FM-2.

Cage
VMF-27 Blackcats

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2002, 12:22:58 PM »
The val has a very very nice number painted on it's vstab :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2002, 01:13:00 PM »
I don't think HTC is wasting their time with early war aircraft at all.  I like the Kate, Val and Dauntless (I voted for the D3A / SBD because of that). I am simply frusterated, and too vocal, about the specific versions of the US aircraft they add in for balance.

Why make a 1937 D3A, but a 1943 SBD?  If they are going for a Midway set, then make a D3A1 (like they did) and an SBD-2 or SBD-3 (which they didn't).  If they are going for the most produced model, then make the D3A2 (which they didn't) and SBD-5 (which they did).

The same is true of the TBM-3 and B5N setup.

It is also true of the F4F-4 and A6M2 setup.

In the late war setups the Japanese are using the Ki.61-I-KAIc (a lashup of an underpowered midwar fighter) and the A6M5b which carries with it the problems of the A6M series.  Against this the US has a whole bevey of late war aircraft and upgraded mid-war aircraft.

The N1K2-J is too late and produced in too few numbers to be used in scenarios

It seeems that the Japanese aircraft are always the old versions fighting newer versions of the US stuff.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 07:24:39 AM »
Nice Hijack, Karnak!

But I know your heart is in the right place. I agree with you.

Offline NOD2000

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2002, 12:15:17 PM »
The SBD-5 Daughntless was primarily built in Tulsa, OK:D

So, I don't have a problem with it.:D

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2002, 12:19:32 PM »
Originally posted by Matt1221b
and the kate i bet will be most used in H2H than the MA:rolleyes:

You do realize kate has no forward fighting guns?  Maybe some wierd stuff goes on in H2H - I guess you could duel against C47s or something similarly exciting :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2002, 12:20:36 PM »
LOL, good post banana!

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member