Author Topic: Time to unperk the 152!  (Read 230 times)

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
Time to unperk the 152!
« on: November 03, 2002, 03:12:24 PM »
I am sorry to have to say ths AGAIN, but it needs to be looked at.  Either that or give it a 190 Tag.  Everyone and their mother guns for you because they know that their unperked 51, Dora La7 will catch it with ease.  Please look into this.

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2002, 03:32:38 PM »
Personally I love the 152, and I prefere to have it perked at the current perk cost.

But I agree, it should be labeled 190 instead of 152, same to Spit 14, just name it spit not spit14(the icons)

Lasse
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2002, 03:58:30 PM »
I AM curious why it's perked.  Until you get to 22,000 feet or so the Dora out runs and out climbs it.  From a pure performance standpoint it's not a terribly impressive aircraft when compared to its contemporaries (at least as modeled in AH).

I realize perks aren't nessisarily assigned on a pure performance curve; they're there to encurage the use of other aircraft, but of the ones I've seen the 152 is the least bang for the buck.

Without getting into the "PERK THE nn" discussion, if you look at %kills and K:D ratios for fighters the Ta152 and Spit XIV are the poor cousins.

A while back someone did a comprehensive review of current perk and eny values, and Pyro made some changes based on that research.  I'm in the process of repeating that evaluation  :)
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 04:10:42 PM »
The 152 should remain perked, since only a very few saw combat.

However, just like the f4u4, spit14, and tempest, it doesn't deserve it's perk tags, and should be labled as a 190.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 05:15:33 PM »
I know at some point when the perk point plan was being developed I read somewhere that performance was not going to be the only decision in why a plane is perked.  I believe that rarity in real life is one of the factors as well.  

How many Ta152s were produced and "saw action" during the war?

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2002, 05:28:57 PM »
Hrm.  That opens a whole kettle of inconsistencies, then.  The N1K2-J was about as rare as the 262 but they're nearly ubiquitous in the main.

While I think Pyro is the only one that knows the answer, I don't think it's as simple as performance/wartime use.  Personally I think he has a magic 8-ball to decide what gets perked and how much it costs  :D

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2002, 06:11:53 PM »
Originally posted by Puck
Hrm.  That opens a whole kettle of inconsistencies, then.  The N1K2-J was about as rare as the 262 but they're nearly ubiquitous in the main.

IIRC, the number of 152's to see combat were tiny, even compared to the n1k2, 262, f4u1c, etc.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2002, 06:41:39 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
I know at some point when the perk point plan was being developed I read somewhere that performance was not going to be the only decision in why a plane is perked.  I believe that rarity in real life is one of the factors as well.  

If you'll notice Puck....I did say one of the factors.  Not the only factor.  Performance comes into play as well...for example in the the 262's case.  And we also found out that MA balancing is one of the factors when the F4U1-C was perked.  If you want to use my statements as ammo in your perk questions, at least read them thoroughly.  :D

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2002, 07:02:08 PM »
There are two types of perk planes, ones which have a massive performance advantage over the rest of the planes, and ones which are perked to prevent that plane from being over-used.

The first group needs special tags to let people know whats coming. (I.e. the 262, 234)

The second group doesn't need special tags since thier performance advantage doesn't make them near invulnerable.  In fact, the second group gets severely hurt by the tags.  All of the perk prop planes are in this group.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2002, 09:29:06 PM »
Shutup Stupid!

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2002, 10:02:35 PM »
Yes, according to my sources, there were only 67 functional Ta152's (and that's combined for the C, H0 and H1 models) compared to say, the N1K2Js 400.  Not to mention the plane was not well received in a losing Germany.  In fact the H model was grounded before the end of the war.  (The C model is not that far away from a Dora and was, in fact, a slight development of the Dora.)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2002, 10:08:25 PM »
Originally posted by Voss
Shutup Stupid!

ummmm...which one are you calling stupid btw?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2002, 10:58:24 PM »
AG it's that it's porked once we get it fixed it'll be somewhat perk worthy. Although  who knows if and when that will happen ,maybe if the planets align themselves beautifully we get it fixed.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2002, 11:01:27 PM »

If you'll notice Puck....I did say one of the factors.  Not the only factor.  Performance comes into play as well...for example in the the 262's case.  And we also found out that MA balancing is one of the factors when the F4U1-C was perked.  If you want to use my statements as ammo in your perk questions, at least read them thoroughly.  :D

Heh.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out the basis for perking things.  I'm a bloody engineer, and where I come from you're supposed to be able to make a predictable model for such things.  If I didn't know better some non-engineer was making these decisions  :)

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Time to unperk the 152!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2002, 12:28:17 PM »

Don't make the common mistake of assuming the MA is a recreation of World War 2.  It is a game based on whatever World War II aircraft they can get data regarding.

CT, most events, and the much rumored Mission Area are where the "actually" discussions become valid points.   All MA is about is gameplay balance of planeset - that is all.